• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

As long as the image is exactly 100x100 and doesn't need to be resized when used as your avatar, it should remain transparent when uploaded. If I'm being honest I'm not really 100% sure, but I know with non-gif avatars, if you upload a transparent image that's bigger than the 100x100 default size, it'll resize to 100x100 and lose transparency, so I'm assuming the same applies to gifs.
There's also no need to bump up your questions when they were only asked ~3 hours ago. If it's been a few days and you've not received a response, then feel free to bump it. If it's only been a matter of hours then just leave it and someone will answer it eventually :)

thank you! I'll try uploading as it is, then.
sorry for bumping, I just thought since my post was at the bottom of the page it might not get noticed ;)

how come when i make transparent pics that are 100x100 they still lose transparency :(

also, you know how we have little boxes in our profile for steam/skype/etc? can we get one for discord?

They shouldn't. Not really sure but I'm guessing if they are losing transparency then they're not exactly 100x100?

Also don't think there's any need for a discord one, as you have to use your forum name in discord, it seem somewhat redundant. Unless you want it for advertising your own channel?

do inactive users get deleted? and if they do how long is the span to be inactive, and if they don't i'm just curious to see why (not curious like low-key passive aggressive, curious like i'd truly like to know ya know)

yeah i'm still trying to get christine as an username ;A;

do inactive users get deleted? and if they do how long is the span to be inactive, and if they don't i'm just curious to see why (not curious like low-key passive aggressive, curious like i'd truly like to know ya know)

yeah i'm still trying to get christine as an username ;A;

As far as I can remember we have never purged users on the off chance they return years later.

As far as I can remember we have never purged users on the off chance they return years later.

Not even the users with no posts?

At least purge the users with no posts.

Edit:
Or the accounts with 2 posts, (totally not wanting a name)

Last edited:
I have a question about the avatar height extension.

I know it's limited to staff members only (as a few regular members with the add-on were grandfathered before the limit), but when did they limit the avatar height extension to staff only?

It happened sometime between summer 2013 and 2014. I only remember this because I was saving up to buy it and then once I finally had enough bells I saw it was gone.

It happened sometime between summer 2013 and 2014. I only remember this because I was saving up to buy it and then once I finally had enough bells I saw it was gone.

Now you finally got one, ever since the Toadette avatar (my favorite you ever had).

For Justin, it would be Captain Toad.

Dang.. yeah I weren't into collectibles when I first joined so wouldn't surprise me the least.. But yeah I hope they do make a comeback!

Dang.. yeah I weren't into collectibles when I first joined so wouldn't surprise me the least.. But yeah I hope they do make a comeback!

I actually want to see it available to normal members too.

but if they were last online at 2004 or something, they could've just forgotten about this website? honestly, they probably have their own families to take care of and no longer play acnl or anything. idk i'm not trying to be rude or anything, that's the last thing i want to do, but in the future would y'all ever start deleting? (yikes now i seem like i'm trying too hard)

but if they were last online at 2004 or something, they could've just forgotten about this website? honestly, they probably have their own families to take care of and no longer play acnl or anything. idk i'm not trying to be rude or anything, that's the last thing i want to do, but in the future would y'all ever start deleting? (yikes now i seem like i'm trying too hard)

The most recent purge that was done was at the end of 2010, where users with less than 4 posts and had registered over a month ago had their accounts deleted. I could be wrong, but I believe this was done to delete all the inactive accounts before we moved to vB, so there'd be less data that needed to be transferred.

http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...h-Less-Than-4-Posts-Deleted-(Winter-Cleaning)

Unless we move to another forum (currently no plans to), there most likely won't be another purge of inactive accounts any time soon. However, things can always come up and change our minds, but this is the current stance.

why cant i change my username back to kallie if no one else took it
???? it says its taken/invalid/does not meet admin requirements

- - - Post Merge - - -

What a very unusual case here. Since it's not taken, it's probably invalid or does not meet admin requirements, which is odd because it worked the first time you got it. I don't know why it does this, but I can say this much. Some of the issues are vBulletin issues, not TBT issues.

I could be wrong but I think there's a cool down time between username switches so the previous can't be stolen by another user (ie; if I was to change my username to "banana bread" then the username "Jake" would be on lockdown and unable to be used for a certain time period), I'm just not exactly sure how long the period is (I don't think it's any longer than a week tho). Just give it a few more days before trying to change it back and it should allow you to reuse it, if not PM an admin and they'll fix it up.

I could be wrong but I think there's a cool down time between username switches so the previous can't be stolen by another user (ie; if I was to change my username to "banana bread" then the username "Jake" would be on lockdown and unable to be used for a certain time period), I'm just not exactly sure how long the period is (I don't think it's any longer than a week tho). Just give it a few more days before trying to change it back and it should allow you to reuse it, if not PM an admin and they'll fix it up.

Aren't staff supposed to know everything about the forums.

Back