• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

Was just curious, but how many bans does it take for someone to permanently get banned? I've never thought about it before and I figured here would be the place to ask.

It would be circumstantial, can't give a definitive answer.

It would be circumstantial, can't give a definitive answer.

Ah okay. Wasn't sure if there was like a limit like "you get banned x number of times and then you're gone for good" sort of things because some forums and sites I know of implement that but I didn't know what the case was for TBT.

Thanks!

Why did the political correctness thread get closed with no warning? I was about to post there until it got locked. I didn't even see it turn to trash before it got locked.

Last edited:
Why did the political correctness thread get closed with no warning? I was about to post there until it got locked. I didn't even see it turn to trash before it got locked.

Apparently the politics is too much for anyone to handle anymore xDD

There are times when we have to close down a thread temporarily when it's reported to prevent it from turning into an argument if it seems to be headed in that direction. In this instance, no staff members were online and the person who saw the report was on mobile, and therefore wasn't able to address the thread properly at that time.

Apparently the politics is too much for anyone to handle anymore xDD

If you want to know what I was about to say, I was trying to point out that while I wouldn't deny the existence of bigots that pull the SJW card to defend their bigotry, I never seen a case like that. Instead, I did see cases of SJW bullies accusing people of bigotry AND accusing them of defending their bigotry each time they get called an SJW when they really are. Both actually exist, not just bigots that defend their bigotry by using terms such as "politically correct". I also wanted to point out that most of the cases political correctness got coercive (like when words like "dinosaur", "birthday", and "television" were removed from standardized testing and when students got suspended for wearing American flag shirts on Cinco de Mayo), there was no bigotry involved. But that thread got locked with no warning, right when I was about to preview my post. Normally, when a thread gets really bad, a moderator or administrator closes the thread, gives a notice that they have closed the thread, and tells them why they get locked. But that thread didn't even get that bad, and it got locked without warning. Is it really because the topic was too controversial and sensitive, or did it really get that bad (even if I didn't acknowledge how bad it got)?

- - - Post Merge - - -

There are times when we have to close down a thread temporarily when it's reported to prevent it from turning into an argument if it seems to be headed in that direction. In this instance, no staff members were online and the person who saw the report was on mobile, and therefore wasn't able to address the thread properly at that time.

Oops, I didn't see this post. Sorry for posting immediately after. Thanks for the answer though.

Last edited:
Can I run, like, competition-style giveaways of ACNL items? Like where you put people's names through a random name-drawer program and that's like the winner? It's been on my mind for a while now as there's items that I need to get rid of I am kindly donating, but just wasn't sure if it was against the trading rules. :p

Can I run, like, competition-style giveaways of ACNL items? Like where you put people's names through a random name-drawer program and that's like the winner? It's been on my mind for a while now as there's items that I need to get rid of I am kindly donating, but just wasn't sure if it was against the trading rules. :p

Of course you can!

I noticed that some threads have some stars next to their names, and some don't. What do the stars mean?

(...I feel like some kind of Sneetches joke is in order. How about... Some thread titles have stars, others don't have stars upon thars.)

I noticed that some threads have some stars next to their names, and some don't. What do the stars mean?

(...I feel like some kind of Sneetches joke is in order. How about... Some thread titles have stars, others don't have stars upon thars.)

There is a tab at the top of each thread for people to rate them. After a certain amount of ratings are submitted, that amount of stars is displayed next to the thread's title.

Can you receive bells from users you have on ignore?

I think you can. Wanna try? You can block, and I can send the TBT so I can see if it works. I don't know if it does, so I'm asking if you want to try.

I think you can. Wanna try? You can block, and I can send the TBT so I can see if it works. I don't know if it does, so I'm asking if you want to try.

Oh, okay.

Edit: give it a try now

- - - Post Merge - - -

It worked. I'll go ahead and send them back to you

Last edited:
So you can send TBT to those that ignored you, but they can't get your messages.

Huh, did you also send a PM? If so, I didn't get one. I know the option to VM them disappears when they throw you on ignore

No, I didn't send one. I was confirming that you won't get PMs from members you blocked.

As for VMs, it depends on the user. Some don't even allow VMs at all. Some only keep VMs open to friends only. And some keep them open to all, even if they ignored you or you're not logged in. They can use these kind of settings on blogs too.

Back