The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

Looks like it's limited to images only (jpg, jpeg, png, gif). As for the avatar height add-on, I don't know when it was made staff exclusive, and I don't know of any plans to make it publicly available any time soon.

That's a shame that attachments only work on images. This time, it's vBulletin's repsonsiblity. TBT couldn't make attachments work on textpad documents.

I guess I'll have to use AC Spinoffs site and put the list of items and villagers allowed for the contest. It can be on a secret page.

Wait you get free collectibles for signing up as mod???

The free collectibles from the TBT Fair is a reward for working on the fair rather than just a present for simply being a mod. While they can't do some things on site anymore since they have other responsibilities, the buying and selling of collectibles are still the same as a regular member's.

The free collectibles from the TBT Fair is a reward for working on the fair rather than just a present for simply being a mod. While they can't do some things on site anymore since they have other responsibilities, the buying and selling of collectibles are still the same as a regular member's.

I thought they weren't allowed to buy or sell? And I thought they were a present for being a mod. They have power, which is why they are not allowed to sell or buy items.

Dumb question, but how do I add spoilers to my clothing thread? >.> I'm wanting to edit it so that I have a spoiler for shirts, dresses, and requested designs.

Well ok, just the current staff then.
LOL
O
L

I thought they weren't allowed to buy or sell? And I thought they were a present for being a mod. They have power, which is why they are not allowed to sell or buy items.
They're gifts yes.

Dumb question, but how do I add spoilers to my clothing thread? >.> I'm wanting to edit it so that I have a spoiler for shirts, dresses, and requested designs.
HTML:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler="Shirts"]Flame Shirt[/spoiler]

HTML:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler="Shirts"]Flame Shirt[/spoiler]

Would I need to delete and repost my designs to move them all into a spoiler, or is there a way I can move my posted qr codes into a spoiler? I uploaded all my designs with the forum uploader, by the way.

Speak for yourself Tom, but I defs joined staff just for free collectibles

[size=-2]oops did I say that out loud pls don't fire me[/size]

At least you got the moon wand you deserved. I still didn't get mine.

Also, the site has calmed down as soon as you got promoted.

is it possible to use a transparent avatar, 100*100, .gif, non-animated, or do I need to make it with the color of the sidebar as a background? how should I upload it?

At least you got the moon wand you deserved. I still didn't get mine.

Also, the site has calmed down as soon as you got promoted.

really strange amigo :rolleyes:

but yeah i wouldn't really sign up just for collectibles, but doe man that avatar height looks good so I hope it becomes public soon even if it may cost a bit.

really strange amigo :rolleyes:

but yeah i wouldn't really sign up just for collectibles, but doe man that avatar height looks good so I hope it becomes public soon even if it may cost a bit.

Even if the height extension is 2,000 TBT, I would still buy it. But I doubt they will release it publicly.

Even if the height extension is 2,000 TBT, I would still buy it. But I doubt they will release it publicly.

yea same, i could always save up for it.

as for the moon wand, not too bummed. i liked it but tbh since they changed the last trivia theme and they moved it to discord i wouldn't had a chance anyways :p

I was just wondering if anyone knew what constitutes an old but relevant thread? For the "don't bump old threads unless relevant" rule. I found a thread that I really want to post in, but it's quite old (like... 2014), so I'm trying to figure out whether to post in it.

I was just wondering if anyone knew what constitutes an old but relevant thread? For the "don't bump old threads unless relevant" rule. I found a thread that I really want to post in, but it's quite old (like... 2014), so I'm trying to figure out whether to post in it.

"Relevant" seem to be an ambiguous term. But here's my best guess.

If an old thread is about something that's still being discussed today, it would be acceptable to bump. But if it's about old news, there's no need to bump. An example of what to bump is if there's any weird situations in ACNL people find every day. Thread dies six months later. It's okay to bump since it's a generic thread about everyday stuff. An example of what not to bump is a thread discussing Casey Anthony's trial. Why talk about it when it's been five years ago? This applies to threads about people asking for advice because of the situation at the time. When it's over, it's no longer relevant.

is it possible to use a transparent avatar, 100*100, .gif, non-animated, or do I need to make it with the color of the sidebar as a background? how should I upload it?
As long as the image is exactly 100x100 and doesn't need to be resized when used as your avatar, it should remain transparent when uploaded. If I'm being honest I'm not really 100% sure, but I know with non-gif avatars, if you upload a transparent image that's bigger than the 100x100 default size, it'll resize to 100x100 and lose transparency, so I'm assuming the same applies to gifs.
There's also no need to bump up your questions when they were only asked ~3 hours ago. If it's been a few days and you've not received a response, then feel free to bump it. If it's only been a matter of hours then just leave it and someone will answer it eventually :)

It's pretty subjective, really. Like, if you're going to bump up someones shop which hasn't been posted in for a good 6 months, then obviously don't do it, but if you want to post in say, a video game thread, but the thread hasn't been posted in for a while (Super Pokemon Mystery Dungeon thread comes to mind), it'd be fine to bump that one up as long as you're still posting about the game and making it relevant.

Personally, if it's in the gaming boards/AC boards and as long as it's a general discussion thread, I think it's fine to bump it (obviously there are some exceptions) - if it's anywhere else like a shop, Brewster's, or question related, you should probably just remake the thread if it hasn't been active in the last 1-2 months. In saying that though, all staff members have different ideas of the world "relevant" (for example, if someone was to bump up a 3 year old thread in Brewster's such as "how often do you get hair curs" I would consider locking it - only because I personally find it annoying - where as other staff members would leave it open since technically it's fine to bump up general discussion threads) so it really just depends.

It just comes down to your own common sense really. It shouldn't be too hard to factor out which threads are irrelevant and should be remade, and which ones are relevant and can be bumped up. If you're really that unsure, feel free to message a member of staff about it (linking the thread in question). Apple2012 also did a good job at describing what counts as relevant, too.

As long as the image is exactly 100x100 and doesn't need to be resized when used as your avatar, it should remain transparent when uploaded. If I'm being honest I'm not really 100% sure, but I know with non-gif avatars, if you upload a transparent image that's bigger than the 100x100 default size, it'll resize to 100x100 and lose transparency, so I'm assuming the same applies to gifs.
There's also no need to bump up your questions when they were only asked ~3 hours ago. If it's been a few days and you've not received a response, then feel free to bump it. If it's only been a matter of hours then just leave it and someone will answer it eventually :)

It's pretty subjective, really. Like, if you're going to bump up someones shop which hasn't been posted in for a good 6 months, then obviously don't do it, but if you want to post in say, a video game thread, but the thread hasn't been posted in for a while (Super Pokemon Mystery Dungeon thread comes to mind), it'd be fine to bump that one up as long as you're still posting about the game and making it relevant.

Personally, if it's in the gaming boards/AC boards and as long as it's a general discussion thread, I think it's fine to bump it (obviously there are some exceptions) - if it's anywhere else like a shop, Brewster's, or question related, you should probably just remake the thread if it hasn't been active in the last 1-2 months. In saying that though, all staff members have different ideas of the world "relevant" (for example, if someone was to bump up a 3 year old thread in Brewster's such as "how often do you get hair curs" I would consider locking it - only because I personally find it annoying - where as other staff members would leave it open since technically it's fine to bump up general discussion threads) so it really just depends.

It just comes down to your own common sense really. It shouldn't be too hard to factor out which threads are irrelevant and should be remade, and which ones are relevant and can be bumped up. If you're really that unsure, feel free to message a member of staff about it (linking the thread in question). Apple2012 also did a good job at describing what counts as relevant, too.

how come when i make transparent pics that are 100x100 they still lose transparency :(

also, you know how we have little boxes in our profile for steam/skype/etc? can we get one for discord?

Back