The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

As long as you're not excessively bumping it, it's fine :)

Thanks. I try to stick to bumping twice a day or once every ten to twelve hours. I'm still not getting enough attention, even from apple owners.

Is there a limit to posing new threads per day in the same sub (that half of the time doesn't belong there or was posted by different user a day or three ago with the same or very similar question or can be googled and answered in 5 seconds)?
I love this forum, but the amount of ridiculous posts starts to annoy me. I know that a lot of players are young (although the person I'm referring to claims to be 19) but does it mean that they shouldn't go by some basic rules like "use the search tool/google first" or "post understandable posts"? There's sooooo much spam just so users can earn forum currency it's pathetic.

I'm just contemplating if sending a PM "are you trying to break some record or just that desperate to earn TBT?" will sound more rude than I intend it to.

Last edited:
Is there a limit to posing new threads per day in the same sub (that half of the time doesn't belong there or was posted by different user a day or three ago with the same or very similar question or can be googled and answered in 5 seconds)?
I love this forum, but the amount of ridiculous posts starts to annoy me. I know that a lot of players are young but does it mean that they shouldn't go by some basic rules like "use the search tool/google first" or "post understandable posts"? There's sooooo much spam just so users can earn forum currency it's pathetic.

I don't know, but I usually try to start only one thread per day. Sometimes two or three, but that would be too many. But I only make one thread a day in one forum.

I don't know, but I usually try to start only one thread per day. Sometimes two or three, but that would be too many. But I only make one thread a day in one forum.

I didn't quite mean it this way, that you should be only allowed to post so many times, but rather "post even 10 new threads a day but SENSIBLE ones, not reposts, not ridiculous ones" x
What's going on in AC:NL sub it's just ridiculous.

It just comes down to the content of the thread. If they're being made and actually have discussion value it's fine, but if it's to the extent where it just looks like they're making spammy threads for the sake of it then you should report it so we can look into it.

I have a question about the avatar height extension.

I know it's limited to staff members only (as a few regular members with the add-on were grandfathered before the limit), but when did they limit the avatar height extension to staff only? Like whem TBT transferred to vBulletin, or when ACNL came out?

I have a question about the avatar height extension.

I know it's limited to staff members only (as a few regular members with the add-on were grandfathered before the limit), but when did they limit the avatar height extension to staff only? Like whem TBT transferred to vBulletin, or when ACNL came out?

Kind of interested in this matter as well, and if we ever will get it back in shop?

Kind of interested in this matter as well, and if we ever will get it back in shop?

Even I want the avatar height extension. That's part of the reason why I signed up to be a mod a couple years ago. I also signed up cause of the free moon wand/animated fair collectible, blue username, ability to reset the counter, create my site event, and to calm the site down after the drama in spring of 2015. But I don't seem to be a good fit for the staff team.

Even I want the avatar height extension. That's part of the reason why I signed up to be a mod a couple years ago. I also signed up cause of the free moon wand/animated fair collectible, blue username, ability to reset the counter, create my site event, and to calm the site down after the drama in spring of 2015. But I don't seem to be a good fit for the staff team.

I don't have an answer to your main question honestly nor Sheila's follow up, but to be frank with ya if you're applying to be part of the staff merely for the perks you're applying for the wrong reasons. If you're applying to be part of us, it's because ya love this place and wanna see it flourish and grow and take care of it.

For my part I wouldn't apply just for the extension, my point was merely it would nice to have if the server/site could handle it without crashing or it being too expensive to run as for bandwidth and such. I mean yes, you can make smaller nice avatars as well but sometimes you don't want it too stretched ;-)

I don't have an answer to your main question honestly nor Sheila's follow up, but to be frank with ya if you're applying to be part of the staff merely for the perks you're applying for the wrong reasons. If you're applying to be part of us, it's because ya love this place and wanna see it flourish and grow and take care of it.

Somehow, the main reason was to get the animated collectible for helping out on the fair. I wanted that green pinwheel, which I never got a staff favorite. But for the moon wand, that time, I tried harder. But for every attempt, the staff didn't like my submissions enough. I thought the "fried chicken" entry to the photo challenge was good enough. I thought 323 was the closest guess to the last bottle. Even the odds in both raffles were against me. And yes, I did sign a while ago because I was after the animated collectible, but I didn't appear to be what they were looking for. I just didn't put that in my application. I don't care if the moon wand doesn't appear next fair. I just want it to be available in the future.

But yeah, a major part of why I applied for being a mod was that I knew the site well and knew the rules. I even felt that I would do a good job as a mod. And I had the responsibility. I didn't even sign up just to be cool. Some people even thought I would apply for mod at the time. Now I don't have any plans to sign up at all. I just don't feel responsible. I could do a good job as a project staff member, but being a mod will be too much.

Anyway, the avatar height extension being limited to staff members made sense, but I seen regular members on other vBulletin sites have large avatars like the staff. I'm not sure if the staff will ever make them available to other members, but if they do, I'll be going to the TBT shop immediately.

Somehow, the main reason was to get the animated collectible for helping out on the fair. I wanted that green pinwheel, which I never got a staff favorite. But for the moon wand, that time, I tried harder. But for every attempt, the staff didn't like my submissions enough. I thought the "fried chicken" entry to the photo challenge was good enough. I thought 323 was the closest guess to the last bottle. Even the odds in both raffles were against me. And yes, I did sign a while ago because I was after the animated collectible, but I didn't appear to be what they were looking for. I just didn't put that in my application. I don't care if the moon wand doesn't appear next fair. I just want it to be available in the future.

But yeah, a major part of why I applied for being a mod was that I knew the site well and knew the rules. I even felt that I would do a good job as a mod. And I had the responsibility. I didn't even sign up just to be cool. Some people even thought I would apply for mod at the time. Now I don't have any plans to sign up at all. I just don't feel responsible. I could do a good job as a project staff member, but being a mod will be too much.

Anyway, the avatar height extension being limited to staff members made sense, but I seen regular members on other vBulletin sites have large avatars like the staff. I'm not sure if the staff will ever make them available to other members, but if they do, I'll be going to the TBT shop immediately.

Remember the five G's: Good god get a grip gurl.

I may have read this wrong, but how did you know about the moon/animated fair collectible at the time of the last application process. which I think was well before the fair started.

Edit: I think I did read the above incorrectly, after I read your response to Tom above. My apologies.

Last edited:
I may have read this wrong, but how did you know about the moon/animated fair collectible at the time of the last application process. which I think was well before the fair started.

Edit: I think I did read the above incorrectly, after I read your response to Tom above. My apologies.

I didn't know about the moon wand until this year. Back then, the green pinwheel was what I am after.

After the moon wand and application talks, I have a serious question about something else. Does the attachment feature (which uploads pictures to TBT) work for textpad documents too? I plan on running a Happy Home Designer contest next month, and I want to upload a list of items and villagers contestants can use fot the contest. I don't know if the Mori database requires an account to make a list or includes items in Happy Home Designer.

No, everyone applies for mod for the free collectables.

No, everyone applies for mod for the free collectables.

People enjoy free collectibles. But the last time I signed up, I had many reasons. The animated collectible, like I said before, was one of them.

I still haven't got an answer about the attachment question (if it's limited to images only or not), and I don't know if they would answer the avatar height add-on questions. I would be interested though.

People enjoy free collectibles. But the last time I signed up, I had many reasons. The animated collectible, like I said before, was one of them.

I still haven't got an answer about the attachment question (if it's limited to images only or not), and I don't know if they would answer the avatar height add-on questions. I would be interested though.

Looks like it's limited to images only (jpg, jpeg, png, gif). As for the avatar height add-on, I don't know when it was made staff exclusive, and I don't know of any plans to make it publicly available any time soon.

so is there any possibility i could get the username christine?

At this time, if the username is taken (which it is), no.

Back