• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

Question about rating threads:

I tried to today, and i get the notice saying the vote had been registered, but it doesn't change the shop's rating at all (on the thread list in the discussion category).
I remember it working once for me in an art shop but i haven't tried it again at all until today, and it hasn't worked at all.
Also, can you rate your own threads? Asking bc someone rated my shop 3 stars, I'm assuming a competing shop and it's a bit unfair and bothering me because it looks so bad lol.
Is rating void?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but if I recall right, it can take a handful of 5 star ratings to bring you back up if you get downvoted - somebody did that to one of my art threads in the past and it took a few people to fix it. (I noticed your thread was at 2 stars earlier, I rated it & it didn't change but if it's back up to 3 that's a good sign !)

Not sure if you can rate your own thread or not, though.

I'm pretty sure rating doesn't work if only one person voted. Because when I've rated threads, nothing shows up until eventually another users seems to do the same (obvious if the rating is different to what I gave it). That's all I really know about it.

Is this user title against the rules, or is it just not recommended?

The title is "R.I.P. America 1776-2017"

This may be a stupid question, but in the shop where you can buy mailboxes to increase the number of messages stored in your inbox, do they stack? Like for example, I bought a Mailbox with some of the seashells I was given when I first started on this website. That allowed me to store 150 messages. If I were to buy another one in the shop for 250 bells, would it stack on top of the mailbox I already have allowing me to store up to 300 messages?

I'm pretty sure rating doesn't work if only one person voted. Because when I've rated threads, nothing shows up until eventually another users seems to do the same (obvious if the rating is different to what I gave it). That's all I really know about it.

This is correct. Ideally, this prevents abuse a little bit.

Thank you so much, Jake. Follow up question not directly aimed at you.

Will the ABD see a return in the interest feature?

There would be a lot of details to work out and I can't speak for everyone or say anything on record, but I'd personally love to reintroduce the feature. I still think it's a shame it was removed in the first place.

Uhh does it cost 2 bells to upload an image directly??? Have I been wasting like, tons of bells without knowing?

And I still can't delete unwanted uploads successfully, I'm really in a pickle here.

There would be a lot of details to work out and I can't speak for everyone or say anything on record, but I'd personally love to reintroduce the feature. I still think it's a shame it was removed in the first place.

I came up with an idea on how to fix the interest system on my blog, but I don't know if that will be feasible enough.

Uhh does it cost 2 bells to upload an image directly??? Have I been wasting like, tons of bells without knowing?

And I still can't delete unwanted uploads successfully, I'm really in a pickle here.

Yes, uploading images cost 2 bells each. Using imgur or other hosting sites is better imo, since the site uploader is finicky and often shrinks image quality and size.

If you want to remove uploaded images, you can edit your post, go advanced, and from there you'll be able to manage your attachments :)

Yeah, if you use the TBT uploader it costs 2 TBT every time you use it, even if the attachment doesn't go through. That's why when I do commissions I post them on imgur so I don't waste TBT uploading them.

Omg??? This is awful, I legit uploaded a ton :( Like three pages worth. I had no idea. I feel so ripped off. Is there anywhere that this info is displayed?

And thank you for letting me know.

Last edited:
Omg??? This is awful, I legit uploaded a ton :( Like three pages worth. I had no idea. I feel so ripped off. Is there anywhere that this info is displayed?

And thank you for letting me know.

There is a link that you can click on when you send or get tbt to/from someone. It shows all the bells you've earned by posting and starting threads and pretty much everything. I'm not sure if it shows TBT spent uploading attachments.

There is a link that you can click on when you send or get tbt to/from someone. It shows all the bells you've earned by posting and starting threads and pretty much everything. I'm not sure if it shows TBT spent uploading attachments.

That sucks, I probably spent like 100 bells, jeez.

Have you ever thought about this place like this?:

The bell tree is the website, the normal users are the leaves. The bell sacks are the staff, the sages & banned users are the termites.

is there a lag or something with earning tbt? i started today with 30 tbt and then responded to two different threads which earned me about 6 tbt but now it says i have only 28 tbt. it didn't say in the transaction history thing that i lost any tbt either...

Back