The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

The villager collectibles are not unique, though the NPC collectibles (Jack, Pav?, and Leif) are.

Thank you for the speedy reply! It's a shame they're not but ah well. :)

I'm trying to sell some collectibles :eek: any idea when the shop will be up?

Is there a way to receive notifications or some visible indication on the site that one of my posts in a thread has been specifically quoted and replied to besides subscribing to the whole thread itself? Just wondering.

Edit: I guess I'm just wondering if there's a way to get a little notification at the top of the page for when my posts or threads are replied to like the same way it shows the little number showing I've gotten private messages. Sorry for being confusing about it.

Edit 2: Sorry for all the edits but I had one other question, which is, I tried to post in the Introduction Board but got a notice saying it had to be approved by a moderator first. Is this normal or did I do something wrong?

Last edited:
Is there a way to receive notifications or some visible indication on the site that one of my posts in a thread has been specifically quoted and replied to besides subscribing to the whole thread itself? Just wondering.

Edit: I guess I'm just wondering if there's a way to get a little notification at the top of the page for when my posts or threads are replied to like the same way it shows the little number showing I've gotten private messages. Sorry for being confusing about it.

Edit 2: Sorry for all the edits but I had one other question, which is, I tried to post in the Introduction Board but got a notice saying it had to be approved by a moderator first. Is this normal or did I do something wrong?

No, that feature doesn't exist. Sorry I know it sucks!

I've approved your thread. Sometimes new account threads will get flagged by the spam filter like yours. Welcome to the forums!

No, that feature doesn't exist. Sorry I know it sucks!

I've approved your thread. Sometimes new account threads will get flagged by the spam filter like yours. Welcome to the forums!

It's nothing big, I was just wondering if I was being silly and missing some setting somewhere. :) And thanks so much for doing that for me, and for the welcome.

How much are you willing to sell the site for? I'd give you $100 or 100 million legitimately earned ACNL Bells for it if the staff stayed forever and there weren't any nasty catches, as long as the ad revenue covers hosting costs and my $100. Basically I want to scam you without it feeling like a scam and more like "oh boy, 100 big ones!"

(not a very serious question as I seriously doubt you'd settle for that little)

EDIT: And if it turns out the site doesn't just look after itself, I withdraw my offer entirely.

Last edited:
can we get 2 factor authentication here

Although I'm certainly not one to say since I have nothing to do with managing this place, the answer is likely not in the foreseeable future. In my opinion, enabling SSL and updating the backend stuff is higher priority. There's probably some VBulletin plugin that works with Google Authenticator, but I'm not looking into it.

To fuel your paranoia, logging in on here sends your username and password as plain text, which is bad news if you're using public internet access since it is more likely to be intercepted there than at home. If you're already logged in, access to your account can be gained, but not your password. If you're going via a malicious proxy server then R.I.P.

I know the staff hate me for rattling on about this, but it's important to have some encryption when transferring login data and there's a reason why browsers are now giving warnings and search engines are penalising. But hey, I don't think anyone's exactly actively going after TBT accounts so the risk isn't huge.

Although I'm certainly not one to say since I have nothing to do with managing this place, the answer is likely not in the foreseeable future. In my opinion, enabling SSL and updating the backend stuff is higher priority. There's probably some VBulletin plugin that works with Google Authenticator, but I'm not looking into it.

To fuel your paranoia, logging in on here sends your username and password as plain text, which is bad news if you're using public internet access since it is more likely to be intercepted there than at home. If you're already logged in, access to your account can be gained, but not your password. If you're going via a malicious proxy server then R.I.P.

I know the staff hate me for rattling on about this, but it's important to have some encryption when transferring login data and there's a reason why browsers are now giving warnings and search engines are penalising. But hey, I don't think anyone's exactly actively going after TBT accounts so the risk isn't huge.

I don't know why dangerous hackers would be interested into a video game fansite like this. We don't even allow real-world currency trades here anyway.

I don't know why dangerous hackers would be interested into a video game fansite like this. We don't even allow real-world currency trades here anyway.

Yeah. Spamming from a reputable account, harvesting login details which may work on other sites or just ruining someone's day are the only real reasons I can think of.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, sorry if I've perhaps been a little too active in this thread tonight, but why are [CHARGE] tags no longer functional? Presumably they once were. Not used enough, abuse, what was it? This is just a curiosity question.

So, I've noticed that people have unique "collectibles" I think they're called in their sidebars, and I've seen a few pictures of villager's faces being among them. How do you get those? Or how much are they worth? I don't see them around much.

I just bought a "user title color change" and tried to change the color of my user title. But it doesn't seem to have worked. I'm not sure what I did wrong. I clicked on "configure" and it said to enter a color, I tried to enter a color, then it suddenly went to another screen, the configure button is gone, and my user title is still the same default color. Is there a way for me to try to use it again, or am I just out 220 TBT?

So, I've noticed that people have unique "collectibles" I think they're called in their sidebars, and I've seen a few pictures of villager's faces being among them. How do you get those? Or how much are they worth? I don't see them around much.

some collectibles are sold continuously in the forum Shop, others are sold on a limited basis in the shop or only during forum events.

the members can privately trade collectibles, check the TBT Marketplace board for selling threads or you can start your own buying thread there...

some collectibles are sold continuously in the forum Shop, others are sold on a limited basis in the shop or only during forum events.

the members can privately trade collectibles, check the TBT Marketplace board for selling threads or you can start your own buying thread there...

Umm no. You have to have lost that villager in your New Leaf town, then send your cartridge to Nintendo to check the data to ensure that villager DID in fact leave your town, then you have to politely ask them for a reference that entails the details of this villager leaving. You then need to make a thread in the Contact The Staff board, and upload that reference. We will then review your request, and if we feel your emotional attachment to that villager is warranted, we'll send you a collectible of said villager. Not sure why you're giving all this talk of "TBT Markerplace", "forum Shop" and "trading" for?

I'm sure you'd believe the word of a member of staff over some peasant member ;)

Thanks, although, do you know if there's a list of what villagers have been made into collectibles for the forums? I could ask for any villager but I'm not sure if some haven't even been created yet.

Umm no. You have to have lost that villager in your New Leaf town, then send your cartridge to Nintendo to check the data to ensure that villager DID in fact leave your town, then you have to politely ask them for a reference that entails the details of this villager leaving. You then need to make a thread in the Contact The Staff board, and upload that reference. We will then review your request, and if we feel your emotional attachment to that villager is warranted, we'll send you a collectible of said villager. Not sure why you're giving all this talk of "TBT Markerplace", "forum Shop" and "trading" for?

I'm sure you'd believe the word of a member of staff over some peasant member ;)

Haha, I thought you were being serious... wait, you aren't being serious, are you? I guess it's time to prepare my sixty page documentation to send to Nintendo.

Last edited:
I just bought a "user title color change" and tried to change the color of my user title. But it doesn't seem to have worked. I'm not sure what I did wrong. I clicked on "configure" and it said to enter a color, I tried to enter a color, then it suddenly went to another screen, the configure button is gone, and my user title is still the same default color. Is there a way for me to try to use it again, or am I just out 220 TBT?

You need to contact the staff about it as they have to change it manually now.

Back