• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

Do tags do anything?

they probably do the same thing that they do on Twitter and Facebook. Adding a tag to a thread puts it into a "group". You can see the threads with the same tags when you click on a tag at the bottom of the thread.

A lot of people on here use it to say stupid things that really have nothing to do with the thread, though.

As for putting a hashtag before a word #likethis, that really doesn't do anything special.

We may or may not make more avatars at a future date, but we only make ones that have an HD render available.

Oh, ok that makes sense.

I hope Nintendo releases higher quality renders soon in that case. This is the highest one I can find, but I don't think it qualifies as HD.
How disappointing.

Anyway thanks for the reply, this could be a cool way to allow new members to be a little more unique I think. I'm seeing a lot of different members with the same avatars recently

Last edited:
Hey could the mod who gave me an infraction PM me. I wanna discuss the infraction so I can learn better for the future and I also have some questions.

Why was the weird doll collectible discontinued? And is the Pokeball discontinued too?

Hi! I'm planning to change my username. After I buy a username change from the shop, should I post a thread at the "Contact the Staff" subforum?

Hi! I'm planning to change my username. After I buy a username change from the shop, should I post a thread at the "Contact the Staff" subforum?

Yes, that's what the description for the item says to do :)

The sun rises about 4 or 5 am from what I can remember.

Actually...

Winter - 3:00 AM. At 4:00 AM, the background becomes mid-sunrise. By 6:00 AM, the background should be completely daytime. If you're on Pacific Standard time and not logged in during the winter, the sunrise begins as early as 12:00 AM.
Fall - 4:00 AM. At 5:00 AM, the background becomes mid-sunrise.
Spring/Summer - 5:00 AM. At 6:00 AM, the background becomes mid-sunrise.

Actually...

Winter - 3:00 AM. At 4:00 AM, the background becomes mid-sunrise. By 6:00 AM, the background should be completely daytime. If you're on Pacific Standard time and not logged in during the winter, the sunrise begins as early as 12:00 AM.
Fall - 4:00 AM. At 5:00 AM, the background becomes mid-sunrise.
Spring/Summer - 5:00 AM. At 6:00 AM, the background becomes mid-sunrise.

Why do you know this?

Why do you know this?

I browse this site even when not logged in. I also browsed this site before through all 24 hours on the clock (real time). The site's default time is GMT-5. On Standard Time, it agrees with the Eastern US. On Daylight Time, people on Central Time not logged in will see the site's time agreeing with their time.

As a person living in Texas, I saw the sunrise began as early as 2:00 AM in the winter (when I was logged out).

Back