• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

How do you transfer TBT to someone OTHER than under their avatar in a post? Cos i can't locate any of my friends posts

If you can locate your friends, go to their profile, XYZ's Activity -> XYZ, go to a post of theirs and you know what to do from there. There might be a better way but not one that I'm aware of.

How do you transfer TBT to someone OTHER than under their avatar in a post? Cos i can't locate any of my friends posts

you can also go to the forum tabs near top of screen, click on 'currency' tab, click on 'bells,' then you will see box you can fill in for transfer, click on the "change" button by the "to account" box and type in the recipient name (it will autofill from the list of forum members). just be sure you are transferring to the right person with name spelled correctly!

Thanks, i kind of feel there should be a way to do it on their profile. Finding posts is too hard cos in the other persons activity all they had was pages full of visiters post lol guess you didn't really prepare for that kind of outcome lol but thanks i'll use the currency tab

Thanks, i kind of feel there should be a way to do it on their profile. Finding posts is too hard cos in the other persons activity all they had was pages full of visiters post lol guess you didn't really prepare for that kind of outcome lol but thanks i'll use the currency tab

ffr, if youre on somebody's profile page, look to the left under their username/avatar and there is a link to find their latest posts....

You don't have to go to their posts -- just click their Bells amount under About Me.

You don't have to go to their posts -- just click their Bells amount under About Me.

I never even noticed that was there, i guess i never scrolled down under About Me....

- - - Post Merge - - -

(i stopped paying attention when i saw the word "statistics...")

I wonder why no staff applications were opened this year? I like the new management, but I wonder why applications didn't get opened this year.

I wonder why no staff applications were opened this year? I like the new management, but I wonder why applications didn't get opened this year.

It's not an annual event, it's something that gets opened up when needed. If no new staff are needed because the current team operates just fine, we're not going to open them up just for the lols. Plus the year is only half over, there's still another 6 months for the possibility of staff applications opening up.

It's not an annual event, it's something that gets opened up when needed. If no new staff are needed because the current team operates just fine, we're not going to open them up just for the lols. Plus the year is only half over, there's still another 6 months for the possibility of staff applications opening up.

Ah, I see. I thought it had to do with the political dramas and other incidents in Brewster's Caf? and the Basement last 12 months, as well as how TBT is slowly transitioning into a ghost town due to how old ACNL has gotten.

Regrading card trading, would it be alright to post a google doc? :s I just don't feel like re listing them if I have too I will though!

Regrading card trading, would it be alright to post a google doc? :s I just don't feel like re listing them if I have too I will though!

As long as it's public, no one can edit it, and it doesn't have anything inappropriate in it for whatever reason you're good!

As long as it's public, no one can edit it, and it doesn't have anything inappropriate in it for whatever reason you're good!

Okay yeah nothing naughty on it LOL! Unless you count my bright colors! Thanks!

I'm not sure what you mean.

On some forums such as MyBB, you can add dateline=12345etc. to include the Unix timestamp of when the quoted message was written, which will be displayed faintly inside or near the quote bubble. Not sure if this version of vBulletin supports such a thing, but I'm guessing not.

Just to ask, why can't we use tbt to trade for real item (i.e. Welcome amiibo cards)? I know that you say they can't be exchanged for anything with actual value (or something to that effect), yet we can exchange them for art. Now I know that the art is exclusively digital, but isn't art considered to have value?

Sorry to ask such a strange question, but I just felt a little confused on this matter.

Just to ask, why can't we use tbt to trade for real item (i.e. Welcome amiibo cards)? I know that you say they can't be exchanged for anything with actual value (or something to that effect), yet we can exchange them for art. Now I know that the art is exclusively digital, but isn't art considered to have value?

Sorry to ask such a strange question, but I just felt a little confused on this matter.

I have no authority to give you a definitive answer, but I'm guessing it's because that would be close enough to buying TBT for real-life money that it would harm the site spirit.

Also, with anything done outside the forums, it's difficult to tell who's innocent or otherwise if some sort of scam is going on. Joe gives Bill a fiver (or 5 Amiibo cards) for 5000TBT but Bill never delivers - that sort of thing.

I have no authority to give you a definitive answer, but I'm guessing it's because that would be close enough to buying TBT for real-life money that it would harm the site spirit.

Also, with anything done outside the forums, it's difficult to tell who's innocent or otherwise if some sort of scam is going on. Joe gives Bill a fiver (or 5 Amiibo cards) for 5000TBT but Bill never delivers - that sort of thing.

I suppose that makes sense to me, but someone never sending the cards wouldn't be much differen than someone never sending a collectible or item or etc. on this site. I guess the only difference is that it's easier to catch and punish someone who doesn't make good on this site.

Back