• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

I figure the answer will be no or doesn't exist but I'm going to ask.

I don't want to be a whiny baby but there is a user with an avatar makes me scream internally. I wouldn't call it a phobia but it kind of makes me feel squeamish and anxious. I know that sounds dumb. I feel dumb saying it.

Now I'm sort of avoiding them which is really unfortunate because they are a pretty friendly person.

Is there anyway that it can be hidden (like implement that for other members to hide/show avatars) or just have avatars disabled for my account? I don't want to be that person and go, "Hey can you censor your avatar because it makes ME uncomfortable." I don't have that right and frankly that's selfish. I just die a little inside every time I see it.

Someone play me the smallest violin.

I figure the answer will be no or doesn't exist but I'm going to ask.

I don't want to be a whiny baby but there is a user with an avatar makes me scream internally. I wouldn't call it a phobia but it kind of makes me feel squeamish and anxious. I know that sounds dumb. I feel dumb saying it.

Now I'm sort of avoiding them which is really unfortunate because they are a pretty friendly person.

Is there anyway that it can be hidden (like implement that for other members to hide/show avatars) or just have avatars disabled for my account? I don't want to be that person and go, "Hey can you censor your avatar because it makes ME uncomfortable." I don't have that right and frankly that's selfish. I just die a little inside every time I see it.

Someone play me the smallest violin.

If you go to general settings, you can choose to not see any avatars on the forum. Otherwise you can ignore that person by going to their profile and adding them to your ignore list.
JfQ6rOF.png

If you have something like adblock though, you can choose to block an ad on this page, select the person's avatar, and you shouldn't see it anymore when using that browser. Not familiar with how you'd be able to do this on mobile though.

If you go to general settings, you can choose to not see any avatars on the forum. Otherwise you can ignore that person by going to their profile and adding them to your ignore list.
JfQ6rOF.png

If you have something like adblock though, you can choose to block an ad on this page, select the person's avatar, and you shouldn't see it anymore when using that browser. Not familiar with how you'd be able to do this on mobile though.

Oh thank you so much for letting me know. I'd feel really bad to block them. Thanks for showing me this.

Why can't you say "for" in your user title? I tried chaning my user title to "Hungry for TBT", then "Looking for TBT", but the word "for" is being censored. What happened?

Why can't you say "for" in your user title? I tried chaning my user title to "Hungry for TBT", then "Looking for TBT", but the word "for" is being censored. What happened?

Seems to be an issue with the censor system. Until this gets proper attention, just bypass it with something like "Hungry for TBT" (the O is a special character - shouldn't be noticeable at first glance) or remove the for altogether with something such as "Wanting TBT".

What does it mean in my transaction log when it says "post" crossed out and then that I spent bells? Did I do something wrong and I'm being penalized? Because I don't remember spending any bells, and if I did something wrong, I'd like to know what it is so that I can not do it anymore.

What does it mean in my transaction log when it says "post" crossed out and then that I spent bells? Did I do something wrong and I'm being penalized? Because I don't remember spending any bells, and if I did something wrong, I'd like to know what it is so that I can not do it anymore.

you probably edited a post. when you edit a post, or make a second post that merges to the forst, the log hsows the originl tbt earned, then the tbt for the revised post's total length then it deducts the tbt for the original unedited post,..

Can I choose any username after I buy the ticket for changing it? Or is it possible that the username that I want will be already taken.

Can I choose any username after I buy the ticket for changing it? Or is it possible that the username that I want will be already taken.

You can check the member list by clicking here and searching for the user name you'd like to change to to see if it's already taken. If it's available, buy the item from the shop and make a thread in the Contact the Staff board and an admin will take care of the name change for you.

:)

sorry if this is in the wrong place, but is it possible to get a tasty cake collectible from 2014?

How do you transfer TBT to someone OTHER than under their avatar in a post? Cos i can't locate any of my friends posts

Back