• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

How do you change your username? That is, if you can.

You need to buy a username change from the Shop in order to change your username. It costs 1,200 forum bells.

can we like, allow banned people to at least make posts in the cellar but nowhere else? this is screwin up my game

Afraid not. I know it's a pain in the butt in mafia when a player disappears. :( If you haven't found a replacement yet or modkilled them I'd be happy to fill in for them.

Can we get an update on the night theme? When can I change the name of my group to something that isn't a mistake?

One more thing

Oh my god I love it.

As for your actual questions - what is the group name and what do you want it changed to? If it's minor I could change it for you. If a significant change however I'd have to double check with an admin first on whether to allow it.

Hallelujah praise judy <3

Thanks so much

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wow, I was wondering where people bought those little item things for the longest time too. Why do I never ask for help, dang.

Wow, I was wondering where people bought those little item things for the longest time too. Why do I never ask for help, dang.

lol, well, you only waited 15 months to ask...

btw, what was your old username??

Last edited:
You need to buy a username change from the Shop in order to change your username. It costs 1,200 forum bells.

Afraid not. I know it's a pain in the butt in mafia when a player disappears. :( If you haven't found a replacement yet or modkilled them I'd be happy to fill in for them.

Oh my god I love it.

As for your actual questions - what is the group name and what do you want it changed to? If it's minor I could change it for you. If a significant change however I'd have to double check with an admin first on whether to allow it.

Wait really? Justin and Murray taunted me while Brandon laughed when I asked.

But it's called "My Lil' Pony: Friendship is Magic"
Lol, it has 11 more members than the Disney group and it has a meme sitting in a toilet for a group picture.
Anyway, if it can somehow become one of the following things based on whether or not the characters are allowed, I'd appreciate it
1) (ง ͠? ͟ل͜ ͡?)ง
2) ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
3) :^)
4) ****posters
5) RIP Kayla
6) Praise Kayla
7) Night Theme
8) Misc
9) Why.
10) Regret

Maybe skip asking Justin because he thrives off my tears and ask Jeremy because I don't think he'd care if I took over Canada or fell in a volcano, as long as I never visit his state. #praiseTina

Lol, it has 11 more members than the Disney group and it has a meme sitting in a toilet for a group picture.
Anyway, if it can somehow become one of the following things based on whether or not the characters are allowed, I'd appreciate it
1) (ง ͠? ͟ل͜ ͡?)ง
2) ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
4) ****posters
5) RIP Kayla
6) Praise Kayla
7) Night Theme
8) Misc
9) Why.
10) Regret

Maybe skip asking Justin because he thrives off my tears and ask Jeremy because I don't think he'd care if I took over Canada or fell in a volcano, as long as I never visit his state. #praiseTina

Connecticut is crap anyways, unless they vote for Bernie

1) (ง ͠? ͟ل͜ ͡?)ง
2) ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
4) ****posters
5) RIP Kayla
6) Praise Kayla
7) Night Theme
8) Misc
9) Why.
10) Regret

Oh dear. Afraid not. By mistake I figured you meant a typo or something in the title of the group - not wanting to change the purpose of the group entirely!

RIP Kayla. :(

Oh dear. Afraid not. By mistake I figured you meant a typo or something in the title of the group - not wanting to change the purpose of the group entirely!

RIP Kayla. :(

8Ft0tLH.jpg

Why is renaming my own group such a problem?

Seriously, why.

You went to Justin first, didn't you?

there has got to be some way that threads in the villager trading plaza can be locked after x amount of days. right?

i know there was some drama type thread that went on a while ago about bumped threads, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't relate since now it's happening like everyday in the VTP and getting annoying.

If a thread is being used for purposes of only speading drama and not using it to sell/search/trade/enslave a villager, I'd honestly just report it for being off topic or you could simply report the post(s) where the drama starts for mods to look at.

enslave, lmao. i like it.

what I meant was a while ago there was a thread in this subforum complaining about a thread being locked cause it was bumped after x amount of days. (dont remember what subforum the locked thread was in, or how long since last post but it had been a while.)

and while i can see how some people didn't like it being done, in a subforum where people are constantly looking to have their thread on the 1st page - someone posting in 6-7 threads from a week ago at once just clogs it up. :/ i will start reporting them though, usually i do. it would just be nice if it could be prevented, but at the same time i can see how it would cause problems.

Last edited:
Ah gotcha. Yeah I would just report the threads for mods to take a look at? VTP does move kinda fast (or did when I last used it), so bumping old threads I can see as annoying. I could be wrong, but VTP allows for users to close their own threads no? I would kinda argue that it's on the users to close their own threads.

I don't think we would ever agree to locking all threads after a while, but I could see a case for it in the trading boards where newbies will often bump thinking something is still for sale months later.

Hi, I was just wondering whether this thread would be considered relevant enough to be bumped. http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?186546-Game-Screenshots-(Also-post-game-names!)

It hasn't been posted in for a year but maybe the thread could pick up a bit if people started sharing screens a bit more regularly? Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask/is an obvious question.

Hey there, and welcome to TBT!

I don't see any issues with bumping that particular thread, as to my knowledge there haven't been any similar threads made since and the topic is still relevant enough to prompt good discussion. The only time we really have an issue with old threads being bumped is when the topic is obviously dead (i.e. a giveaway or sale thread that's clearly no longer active) or when someone intentionally bumps a series of old threads just for the sake of spamming. It's typically fine so long as the potential is there for quality discussion. :blush:

Back