• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

About infractions. I wouldn't call myself much of a trouble maker, but have quite a few infractions for post quality, because sometimes I forget that I can't just post some lame little face or like 2 words that are off topic or whatever. However I noticed that I got 2 points from one of the two infractions where I tried to censor myself using asterisks (I forget sometimes that the site will auto censor me). Is there a point system that I was unaware of? Where, if I get so many points, I get banned? These are my first points, so I have no clue.

About infractions. I wouldn't call myself much of a trouble maker, but have quite a few infractions for post quality, because sometimes I forget that I can't just post some lame little face or like 2 words that are off topic or whatever. However I noticed that I got 2 points from one of the two infractions where I tried to censor myself using asterisks (I forget sometimes that the site will auto censor me). Is there a point system that I was unaware of? Where, if I get so many points, I get banned? These are my first points, so I have no clue.
I guess that's how it works, though remember that infractions expire.

You can just ignore the points. We don't use them. I'm assuming it's related to a feature we have turned off - e.g. on other forums, you can get auto-banned once you accumulate a certain number of points. We take previous warnings/infractions into account, of course, but we have a different (manual!) system in place as to when we actually issue a ban.

You can just ignore the points. We don't use them. I'm assuming it's related to a feature we have turned off - e.g. on other forums, you can get auto-banned once you accumulate a certain number of points. We take previous warnings/infractions into account, of course, but we have a different (manual!) system in place as to when we actually issue a ban.

Alrighty then, thx!

Thanks for explaining this, makes much more sense to why or why not you might get a ban etc.

How does one become a mod :^)

About once a year, staff applications open up. But if you want to sign up, you need to be trustworthy, experienced, and helpful. You should also be 18 to become a mod or 15 to become a project staff member. Not only that, but you should be an active member of the site for at least six months.

I don't think infractions would inhibit from being selected unlike most sites, but you would be less likely to get promoted if you have more infractions within a certain period of time.

In 2015, I did sign up to be a mod since I felt like I would be a good fit due to my knowledge on features and understanding of rules, but I didn't get accepted. But I am trustful and could handle the features without abuse. Also, you don't need to be on TBT everyday if you get promoted. But you don't want to be inactive if you do.

Also, do you guys ever plan on realeasing Perfect Fruits?

i'm no staff member, but they have said the idea was cool, so that's a start. they're releasing collectibles rn, so perfect fruits probably won't be released/available for a lil' bit, and when i say lil' bit i mean a while. but we can hope. :)

If perfect fruits come out, I should be prepared big time. I got a sidebar full of apples, I could go for a sidebar full of perfect apples. Should I give it a try if this happens?

If perfect fruits come out, I should be prepared big time. I got a sidebar full of apples, I could go for a sidebar full of perfect apples. Should I give it a try if this happens?

If you have the forum bells and time, sure ;)

If you have the forum bells and time, sure ;)

The problem here is that I am very low on TBT bells, and it's very hard to make TBT (even by selling collectibles since almost nobody wants them). So I wouldn't really have the bells.

The problem here is that I am very low on TBT bells, and it's very hard to make TBT (even by selling collectibles since almost nobody wants them). So I wouldn't really have the bells.

I feel you, the market is pretty dead unless someone really needs to buy stuff, ugh.

Oh well, I hope you can get 12 if they ever release them :)

You're low on TBT? I only have like 900 TBT in my bank xD

I too have no idea how to make reasonable amounts of TBT. I don't understand how some people have like 10K and then there's people like me who have less than 1K.

How can I get rid of a notification that doesn't want to go away? I've clicked it many times but it just stays there saying I have 1 new notification.

Would it be acceptable to request Wi-Fi ratings for art shop transactions here?

I don't think so, because people could give you a negative wi-fi rating for drawing their mayors/alts/OCs incorrectly. It wouldn't be fair. Not only that, but some commissions take months, and people could abuse the wi-fi rating system for being impatient. I would not want to be punished for being too busy to do someones' commissions. But if they do allow it, they should at least allow the artist to give positive or negative feedback for payment plans (requester refuses to pay for a non-freebie, they get negative ratings).

Back