The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

If infractions expire do site leaders still take that into consideration when banning someone? Or are those null and void?

If infractions expire do site leaders still take that into consideration when banning someone? Or are those null and void?

All prior offences are taken into account, regardless if they've expired or not.

I didn't see anything about this in the forum Rules-- what are the parameters for usernames??

like, how many characters can they be (including spaces)?
and are all typographic symbols available in addition to letters and numbers??
:confused:

Is politics eventually gonna be a forbidden subject on this site in the future? I mean, several political threads were getting locked due to heated arguments, and I'm kinda thinking that it's time to do something about it.

I know that I'm not a mod, nor will the staff be willingly or able to accept me as a mod because of my aggressive behavior and desire to sign up just for the free animated collectible and the avatar extension (and blue username too), but I am giving a suggestion about site improvements as a regular member.

Is politics eventually gonna be a forbidden subject on this site in the future? I mean, several political threads were getting locked due to heated arguments, and I'm kinda thinking that it's time to do something about it.

I know that I'm not a mod, nor will the staff be willingly or able to accept me as a mod because of my aggressive behavior and desire to sign up just for the free animated collectible and the avatar extension (and blue username too), but I am giving a suggestion about site improvements as a regular member.

Oh dear lord please ban politics from this site.

I'm not trying to take away your free speech. Don't even bring that up.

Just, why the heck do you feel the need to express your political views on a children's gaming blog? It's stupid! Keep your political rantings out of this site.

Just, why the heck do you feel the need to express your political views on a children's gaming blog? It's stupid! Keep your political rantings out of this site.

Most people here are 16-18 years old tbh though

I'm not in favor of banning it altogether. I suggest temporarily banning discussions of politics for a few months, which also includes hot news stories (like the travel ban), historical controversies (like the communist witch hunt), controversial lifestyles of today's (like political correctness), and loopholes (such as discussing politics on the Unpopular Opinions thread and the What's Bothering You thread). On blogs, it should be fine, but on forums, it's gotten out of hand. Voicing an opinion is one thing, but fighting or cold hard arguments isn't good.

Last edited:
There has not been any discussion on banning politics and unless it gets really, really bad I do not see us forbidding the topic anytime soon given how even in the smallest ways politics worms its way into various mediums like TV, books, etc. I think it would be far more likely that we start off with simply closing off lower quality political threads that don't provide anything.

But again, there's no talk of banning politics or anything else.

*forum

Also while most Nintendo games are probably less political, politics does influence other mediums so if users wanted they could discuss that. Brewster's Cafe s home to topics that aren't about Animal Crossing and if you're here solely for Animal Crossing, we have plenty of boards for that.

I'm not in favor of banning it altogether. I suggest temporarily banning discussions of politics for a few months, which also includes hot news stories (like the travel ban), historical controversies (like the communist witch hunt), controversial lifestyles of today's (like political correctness), and loopholes (such as discussing politics on the Unpopular Opinions thread and the What's Bothering You thread). On blogs, it should be fine, but on forums, it's gotten out of hand. Voicing an opinion is one thing, but fighting or cold hard arguments isn't good.
Loopholes we could look into potentially if it is a problem, but like I said we don't have any plans to do so right now. In the past politics generally died off fast after election unless there was something major to talk about, but given how bad the American election was I don't think people are going to be able to just plop our heads into a hole so easily again.

Really if you want to discuss things other than politics I suggest being proactive in making topics you want to discuss and ignore the political ones.

There has not been any discussion on banning politics and unless it gets really, really bad I do not see us forbidding the topic anytime soon given how even in the smallest ways politics worms its way into various mediums like TV, books, etc. I think it would be far more likely that we start off with simply closing off lower quality political threads that don't provide anything.

But again, there's no talk of banning politics or anything else.

*forum

Also while most Nintendo games are probably less political, politics does influence other mediums so if users wanted they could discuss that. Brewster's Cafe s home to topics that aren't about Animal Crossing and if you're here solely for Animal Crossing, we have plenty of boards for that.

Loopholes we could look into potentially if it is a problem, but like I said we don't have any plans to do so right now. In the past politics generally died off fast after election unless there was something major to talk about, but given how bad the American election was I don't think people are going to be able to just plop our heads into a hole so easily again.

Really if you want to discuss things other than politics I suggest being proactive in making topics you want to discuss and ignore the political ones.

Thanks for explaining it all. I do have to admit that ever since Trump ran for president, Pandora's Box has been opened, but only by an acute angle less than 45?. It's not just this site or most gaming sites, but notice how celebrities are talking about it a lot more often. I can believe that Trump becoming president will make the political discussion trend last longer, but I was looking out for the site and making sure it's not getting bad. But since you said that subjects won't get banned unless it gets really, really bad, I can see how bad it has to be in order to reach that point. I couldn't even imagine something like that happening on this site.

It's kinda funny that the site that users were fighting over hot news stories this year and last year was the same site users fought over virtual items in 2014 and 2015. I 'member the collectible craze and how people got desperate over many things. What happened to those days?

Hello! I'm sorry if this is a silly question, but starting yesterday I've been having trouble accessing the site in certain ways? I could usually get here from google before but when I try that I get a message saying 'belltreeforums.com page isn't working' and 'HTTP ERROR 500'. The only way I managed to get here was from an outside link to a conversation from a tumblr post and then oddly enough it let me navigate here through the quicklinks and it'd let me access my profile, but whenever I try to click to enter Retail forums it gives me that message again.

Even weirder, if I make it to the forum landing page, I can access every forum section normally except for Retail's. I'm so confused.

Hello! I'm sorry if this is a silly question, but starting yesterday I've been having trouble accessing the site in certain ways? I could usually get here from google before but when I try that I get a message saying 'belltreeforums.com page isn't working' and 'HTTP ERROR 500'. The only way I managed to get here was from an outside link to a conversation from a tumblr post and then oddly enough it let me navigate here through the quicklinks and it'd let me access my profile, but whenever I try to click to enter Retail forums it gives me that message again.

Even weirder, if I make it to the forum landing page, I can access every forum section normally except for Retail's. I'm so confused.

Have you tried clearing your cache and/or CTRL+F5?

I have a question about group funds. If I cancel an impending group creation, should I return all funds to those who donated? I don't like scamming, but most of the TBT donations I got for my group are very minimal (like less than 100 TBT). I would take it as a yes if most donations exceeded 1,000 TBT to avoid scamming, but I don't know what to do if the total is less than 600 TBT.

I'm planning on cancelling the group funding process (or at least putting it on hiatus) because of how unpopular my group was. I got very little donations, and I'm still far far away from my goal. I also want to buy an expensive add-on as of now, but I don't want to make the others feel like they've been scammed. Even if the donations they made are easy to get back up to by posting. If I got 37,000 TBT donated right now, I would go on and start the group instead of getting more PM storage space or ability to send multiple PMs at once.

Back