• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

There is a limit of 4 images per signature. Since we have a 250 pixel signature limit, we have indefinitely discontinued the add-on since 4 images is more than enough to fill a 250 pixel space. You could argue that you want more images to put in a spoiler, but no one wants to view a drop down spoiler that's miles long full of images, either!

I'm guessing the reason behind the 250 pixel limit is the same reason the staff won't let regular users have the avatar height extension, right?

I'm guessing the reason behind the 250 pixel limit is the same reason the staff won't let regular users have the avatar height extension, right?

I think the height extension is just for perks, and
I'm pretty sure it's to make sure everyone sig isn't taking up like half the post area in threads, but am not a mod so i'll let them answer

Last edited:
I think the height extension is just for perks, and
I'm pretty sure it's to make sure everyone sig isn't taking up like half the post area in threads, but am not a mod so i'll let them answer

I think I read somewhere that the reason why it was made staff-only was because it would stretch the pages. It has to do with bandwidth costs, not giving the staff special privileges because they worked so hard.

I think I read somewhere that the reason why it was made staff-only was because it would stretch the pages. It has to do with bandwidth costs, not giving the staff special privileges because they worked so hard.

I guess that could be true, but then why would they allow it back then with bells? I'll end the debate here, since I don't want to clog up the thread, and because I'm not a mod so idk lol.

My question: what accounts as "rude/flaming" behavior? Idk when I should report or if I'm just overreacting

Last edited:
I would like to send a friend a collectible as a gift. How do I do this?

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question!

Is there a list of how early or how late a collectible can be? :eek:

What do you mean by this?
Like for example the Spring Shamrock can only have the range of 3/17-3/18 2016 right? :eek:
I want to know the ranges of dates for other collectibles too.
Sorry if this is confusing. D:

Like for example the Spring Shamrock can only have the range of 3/17-3/18 2016 right? :eek:
I want to know the ranges of dates for other collectibles too.
Sorry if this is confusing. D:

Unfortunately, there is none. But you can compose one for yourself if you know collectibles very well.

Last edited:
Why is TBT repeatedly logging me out? It's getting extremely frustrating and obnoxious. :mad:

We appear to be having some problems tonight. I apologise on behalf of the team.
Aw it's okay! :eek:

I'm trying to update this thing and when I try and preview it, it says that I'm not logged on. D:
Hope this gets fixed. :)

Why do I always have problems with the search function? Every time I try to do it for threads, it only works 25% of the time. For example: i'll type in quick mini shop as key words and everything but my shop named "Brookie's quick mini shop" doesn't show up? Or sometimes I'll type in my friend's username to find a thread she was talking about and it will say "this search isn't working" but she has like 2,000 posts?

Why do I always have problems with the search function? Every time I try to do it for threads, it only works 25% of the time. For example: i'll type in quick mini shop as key words and everything but my shop named "Brookie's quick mini shop" doesn't show up? Or sometimes I'll type in my friend's username to find a thread she was talking about and it will say "this search isn't working" but she has like 2,000 posts?

I've never wrapped my head around this site's search function. The advanced search can be of some use, but it's easiest to just search on Google and add "site:belltreeforums.com" to your query, without quotes.

What is TBT?

This may be "Ask The Staff", but this is also a site-related question, so brace yourself for a short answer from myself!

TBT stands for "The Bell Tree". When people refer to TBT, they usually do so in a currency context, referring to the Bells that you earn on the website for posting. You can see how many you have in the sidebar. These Bells can also be traded with other members. Maybe there's a thread on here that explains it in more detail.

Back