The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

I agree with this, although unfortunately it is unlikely the staff will follow your request unless they decide the thread deserves to be locked.

I see their position. I'm just worried that the thread will get out of hand, but I guess we'll just have to sit back and let it happen so it can be closed.

I reported one of my threads a few days ago so I could have it closed (because I didn't want it to start a controversy) and it's still open. I don't want to rush the staff or anything but it's making me a bit worried.

I think we should have the option to close all threads we make, not just threads in re-tail/trading plaza.

I thought you could always close threads???

I may or may not leave TBT. May or may not just take a break...

What's are some projects that the staff has? Anything interesting?
The woods thing is cool but not my thing.

When is an AC game coming out? A new one? Bc that means new ppl.

When is an AC game coming out? A new one? Bc that means new ppl.

Let's look at when we can expect Animal Crossing for the Switch based on the release dates of previous Nintendo systems and Animal Crossing titles, shall we? (using European dates for simplicity)

GCN: 03/05/02
AC: 24/09/04

DS: 11/03/05
WW: 31/03/06

Wii: 08/12/06
CF: 05/12/08

3DS: 25/03/11
NL: 14/06/13

Switch: 03/03/17

So... probably in 2019 as Wild World is the only one that got released a year after the system.

What does the + next to a user mean?
I've seen Allure+ and Issi+...
Does that mean they're your friends?

Last edited:
Okay, I know how to report posts ect., but how do you report a user in general? I couldn't find anything on the profile to click, and am unsure of how to alert staff about a member if ever needed?

Okay, I know how to report posts ect., but how do you report a user in general? I couldn't find anything on the profile to click, and am unsure of how to alert staff about a member if ever needed?

Unless it's extremely urgent (in which case I would recommend you PM an online moderator along with reporting one of their posts), you should post something about it in Contact the Staff that way it's a private dialogue between all staff members and only yourself.

Unless it's extremely urgent (in which case I would recommend you PM an online moderator along with reporting one of their posts), you should post something about it in Contact the Staff that way it's a private dialogue between all staff members and only yourself.

Alright, thank you! That makes sense ^-^

If in the future I need to report someone I'll be sure to do as you instructed.

Last edited:
Alright, thank you! That makes sense ^-^

If in the future I need to report someone I'll be sure to do as you instructed.

I use the Contact the Staff board when I have a problem with another member too. But if you do, it's strongly suggested that you show evidence on some of the cases.

Can you contest a negative feedback if you got if got it from i.e someone's who's just being a jerk or just scammed you?
Because there's this one member that's general being a jerk to people right now and giving them feedback for petty things.
Just for future note.

In all the time I've been here I've never been able to find a full list, so...
What is the list of ALL the boards that don't give bells for posting on?

Can you contest a negative feedback if you got if got it from i.e someone's who's just being a jerk or just scammed you?
Because there's this one member that's general being a jerk to people right now and giving them feedback for petty things.
Just for future note.

Yes you can, via Contact the Staff or the report function.

Uhhhh how can you change the order of collectibles on your sidebar because I kinda forgot
Yeah, as N64 said, they go from oldest at the end to newest at the front. That?s why people are picky about dates on their collectibles. Took me a time to figure out, actually.
?????????????????
This is my question. Now, say you?re buying an item in ACNL off somebody for TBT. The person dropped the item off at your town and the trade went smoothly.
Do you put a positive rating on the person's profile as the trader, or host?

Last edited:
This is my question. Now, say you’re buying an item in ACNL off somebody for TBT. The person dropped the item off at your town and the trade went smoothly.
Do you put a positive rating on the person's profile as the trader, or host?

It doesn't make a great deal of difference. If you have already received a rating and they went for visitor, I would go for trader and if trader, the same. If not, just whichever you prefer. I don't know if there's an official stance on what is best to choose, but you'll always be either a host or a visitor, so that third choice does become a bit redundant.

Back