• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

Cool, thanks Apples :D You're so informative

I still wonder how they got banned so fast XP

That brings me to another question...

If you ask the staff why a user was banned, can they reply or is it private and the reasons cannot be made public? I thought they were once before for another user, I might be mistaken.
We don’t reveal that

Am I going to get banned for bumping that old please ignore thread? D:

It will never happen again, honest

I am gone from TBT for about a day and four people who I never
thought would be banned and added value to this site are banned.

What in the world happened? Did the rules change?

I am gone from TBT for about a day and four people who I never
thought would be banned and added value to this site are banned.

What in the world happened? Did the rules change?

I'm also curious about this.

Here's a question I have about the museum. Is writing fanfics allowed in the museum forum? I'm only curious because that's easy TBT, and I don't want to make big TBT in a guilty way.

I'm gonna ask again because it's been two years since I asked this, and I want to know if this is still okay after many rule changes. I'm not trying to do TBT Bell farming, but mostly for entertainment.

I'm gonna ask again because it's been two years since I asked this, and I want to know if this is still okay after many rule changes. I'm not trying to do TBT Bell farming, but mostly for entertainment.

I see no issues with sharing your writing in the Museum, provided it's all forum appropriate!

You guys should know by now that we don't allow the discussion of bans publicly on the forums. Please refrain from discussing or asking questions about bans.
If you ever think the rules have changed, check The Bulletin Board for any updates.

I reported one of my threads a few days ago so I could have it closed (because I didn't want it to start a controversy) and it's still open. I don't want to rush the staff or anything but it's making me a bit worried.

I think we should have the option to close all threads we make, not just threads in re-tail/trading plaza.

I reported one of my threads a few days ago so I could have it closed (because I didn't want it to start a controversy) and it's still open. I don't want to rush the staff or anything but it's making me a bit worried.

I think we should have the option to close all threads we make, not just threads in re-tail/trading plaza.

I agree with this, although unfortunately it is unlikely the staff will follow your request unless they decide the thread deserves to be locked.

Not speaking for the entire staff here, but at least in my view, I don't agree with self-locking (outside of trade) because it essentially says that the OP of a thread somehow "owns" the thread. I don't think as a thread creator you should have the ability to decide you want to shutdown a discussion that many users may be partaking in just because you may not like the discussion anymore. Discussion threads are for the entire community, not just for the creator. Whether a thread has gotten out of hand and needs to be shutdown is for the moderators to determine.

Back