The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

Will the tree ever grow fruit is the real question...

I don't think so. I did talk to Laudine to make an apple-themed banner to add apples on the tree while changing the name to "The Apple Tree Forums" as a joke banner. I would love to see the mockup banner.

Im pretty new to the forums, and I see everyone has super cool signatures :D can anyone explain what you use to create the GIF signatures with your town name, FC etc?

Im pretty new to the forums, and I see everyone has super cool signatures :D can anyone explain what you use to create the GIF signatures with your town name, FC etc?

Most people use PhotoShop (and maybe Gimp)
Alternatively, you can order one from the shops here if you don't have those programs ;;

I haven't been here for the summer but i think that replacing the tree with a palm tree (for summer only) and a tree with no leaves for Halloween would sound good, have you guys ever done anything new with the tree? Other than change it from green to pink, and doing that horrible thing with Zipper's face during Easter.

there are people with signature shops for making those, i believe you will find several in the Museum boards (Museum shops)...

How come I don't have any seashells? I never spent anything when I registered way back when (other than IGB), and I don't see any seashells in my account. :c

I have 1 Seashell, since I can't spend it on anything, will it stay there forever? :eek:

Last edited:
How come I don't have any seashells? I never spent anything when I registered way back when (other than IGB), and I don't see any seashells in my account. :c
Seashells were only give to members who joined after Welcome Bells were disabled. You joined when Welcome Bells still existed, so you didn't receive any.

I have 1 Seashell, since I can't spend it on anything, will it stay there forever? :eek:
Likely. Though there's always a possibility that we may add new things to the shop in the future.

How else do we get seashells?

Seashells are a special currency to help new members get a head start on buying little perks from the shop (e.g. user title colour change, avatar extension, bigger inbox, etc). This was what the 800 welcome bells were initially for but due to that system being abused by people greedy for extra bells we made the decision to replace them with the newer seashell currency. We carefully priced the items so that users could buy a similar quantity of items with the 10 seashells as they could have with the 800 bells. There is no way to get more.

Hello!

I was just wondering if there is a way to move the collectibles in the sidebar to be displayed a certain way?

Also, when might there be new collectibles in the shop? I wanna buy some but the ones being resold are so expensive, and theres not even flowers anymore or chocolate cakes or stuff like that.

The seashell currency is such a genius concept, though. Like, I remember when I used to sell fruit to make Bells in-game, and when I ran out of fruit to sell I started selling seashells, which didn't give you nearly as much in return, but it was like the second best thing.

I don't know how much thought you guys actually put into it, but I can appreciate that little detail.

Hello!

I was just wondering if there is a way to move the collectibles in the sidebar to be displayed a certain way?

Also, when might there be new collectibles in the shop? I wanna buy some but the ones being resold are so expensive, and theres not even flowers anymore or chocolate cakes or stuff like that.

Not yet. The staff have always said they're planning it, though, which I'm looking forward to ('cause I miss being able to display all of my birthstones).

They add new ones from time to time, and rarely they restock it. Just gotta be patient. It's always worth the wait!

Last edited:
The seashell currency is such a genius concept, though. Like, I remember when I used to sell fruit to make Bells in-game, and when I ran out of fruit to sell I started selling seashells, which didn't give you nearly as much in return, but it was like the second best thing.

I don't know how much thought you guys actually put into it, but I can appreciate that little detail.

Not yet. The staff have always said they're planning it, though, which I'm looking forward to ('cause I miss being able to display all of my birthstones).

They add new ones from time to time, and rarely they restock it. Just gotta be patient. It's always worth the wait!
Thanks for your answer Bowie :3

I hope the staff add that option soon, itd be great!

This is probably staring me right in the face, but how do you use the user title color change once you buy one ? i bought one but i'm not sure where to go to actually change the color x3

edit: whoops i think i posted this in the wrong thread u.u;

Last edited:
Will I get an infraction for making what might be too many donut threads?

Im sorry I didnt intend to break any rules that might exist on making too many threads about similar things?

Will I get an infraction for making what might be too many donut threads?

Im sorry I didnt intend to break any rules that might exist on making too many threads about similar things?

You don't get in trouble for making duplicate threads. The staff locks them just to direct you to the current thread.

Back