Place your random thoughts.

Yeah, your notifications tend to get flooded during events, especially with x amount of users reacting to your content and posting. I remember one time coming to TBT with 80 notifications. 😭
The most I’ve ever had was the 55 I had today. But during the Christmas event last year I would sometimes open the site and have like 44. Now it’s just normal to have between 20 and 40 notifications after being offline for 2 or 3 hours. But I prefer this to only having 6 notifications.

Would anyone enjoy a picture of mister Beef. He's technically not my cat but rather the neighbour's cat but he likes to come over and eat our food.
1000000109.jpg

If it were possible, I'll make sure to slap a 10,000 bell fine on my villagers every time they start singing Bubblegum K.K., because the shuffle radio. It would be the easiest money ever.
(insert evil laughter here)

Edit: also, I'm eating roasted seaweed snacks for the first time. It's good.:love:

Last edited:
Down with the Sickness by Disturbed. Although prior I was listening to the Dawn of the Dead 2004 movie version, which stylized it into a 1950's blues song.

Which I would post, but I'd probably get in trouble for explicit content.
Nice! I really like that song. And regarding music on TBT, you can post them even if it's explicit (like in the "What are you currently listening to?" thread). I think you only get in trouble if the song title has profanity in it since it might show up in the link preview, but you can still talk about them.

I went on the site and saw that I had 55 notifications.

I barely get 10-15 notifications (then again, I don't usually participate in the special events here and their respective threads, so maybe that's why).

Down with the Sickness by Disturbed. Although prior I was listening to the Dawn of the Dead 2004 movie version, which stylized it into a 1950's blues song.

Which I would post, but I'd probably get in trouble for explicit content.

There's an edited version of that song (and it cuts out the funny "mommy" rant in the middle).

Nice! I really like that song. And regarding music on TBT, you can post them even if it's explicit (like in the "What are you currently listening to?" thread). I think you only get in trouble if the song title has profanity in it since it might show up in the link preview, but you can still talk about them.

I was under the impression that it was not allowed to post songs with profanities even if they weren't visible in the band name/song title. I have occasionally seen some users here post some songs with "explicit lyrics", and they didn't seem to get in trouble, but I chalked that up to the mods just not bothering to check the songs or not knowing about them (feels like if they knew, they would have taken those songs down immediately).

I decided to use 'contact the staff', and yeah, it's a violation to post the song.

Gut feeling told me to hold off posting the link.

If you would like, I could PM it though.

I decided to use 'contact the staff', and yeah, it's a violation to post the song.

Gut feeling told me to hold off posting the link.

If you would like, I could PM it though.
Huh, looks like I was wrong. ToT Good to know, though!

Are you referring to the song itself or a music video? (I'm not super familiar with the band so I don't know if they have any videography.) I'll probably look into it in my own time regardless.

Huh, looks like I was wrong. ToT Good to know, though!

Are you referring to the song itself or a music video? (I'm not super familiar with the band so I don't know if they have any videography.) I'll probably look into it in my own time regardless.

The song without the video. But yeah, it's not hard to find. Singer is 'richard cheese'. Or just search "Down with the Sickness" from Dawn of the Dead.

To be fair, it wasn't entirely the most obvious thing. I looked through the entire rule list and the closest I could find was "Words or images that purposely bypass the forum censor, including partially replacing letters with asterisks or other symbols". So I suppose posting a video counts as bypass.

Doesn't hurt to ask in these circumstances.

Although I’m much further from getting 10,000 TBT, I made the following successes during this event:
  • I won a trivia session first place.
  • I got an apple-only sidebar with five perfect apples on top.
  • I got a lemon and a banana.
  • More recently, I got the planet glow wand. It’s also worth noting that I got a space whale plush too.

I think people angry about Robert Downey Jr. “ignoring” Ke Huy Quan are overblowing the situation, and I say this as someone who finds RDJ annoying. It’s like when people accused Taylor Swift (who I’m also not a fan of) “snatching” the award from Celine Dion.

I think people are biased toward Celine and Ke Huy because they find them “pure”, and since Taylor and RDJ come off annoying, people are naturally going to root against them. Think about it. No one’s going to get angry at someone for “snatching” something from J.K. Rowling or Roseanne Barr. (Though they’re not nice people, it’s still a rude thing to do.) It’s all about the presenter and their personality.

Note: I don’t like J.K. or Roseanne, and I like Celine and Ke Huy, but you know what I’m saying.

Last edited:
One time I was forced to battle another kid in a Pokemon battle when I was younger. This was when Pokemon Blue, Red and Yellow were still the only games out in the US. I remember playing this game at a (I believe) family owned daycare I went to and played a lot with the other kids there. Some of the workers had kids of their own who went there and they would often play with us other kids. One day one of the owner's kids was on the hunt for strong Pokemon, he would pick a battle with any kid who bear a strong Pokemon in their hands and if they lose, they had to give their Pokemon up to him. I don't remember what happens if he would lost. Maybe he had to forfeit a Pokemon of his I guess.

I remember having I guess a strong Venusaur on me and he wanted it. I told him that I didn't want to battle/not interested and he ran off and his mom showed up right after forcing me to battle him. My mind is pretty foggy to remember the rest, but I did lose my Pokemon.

Back