Place your random thoughts.

I'd rather be a LaVeyan Satanist than an evangelical Christian.

Tucker Carlson's Putin interview may well become the most-watched video of recent history. Having watched the whole thing myself and observed how the western mainstream media is reporting on it (or avoiding it, in many cases) is fascinating
I watched the 2-hour long video myself. Its certainly a perspective that will not be shared by the MSM and will probably be ignored or spun in a different narrative, if not already. I find it interesting that Putin started with history and from an intellectual point of view, I find that him starting with Russian history helped better understand the current situation in Ukraine. Not that I agree with the war itself, but that I just understand it better. Tucker annoyed me a bit, but Putin surprised me as very intelligent and eleoquent speaker. I find this very rare in the West now since I find most politicians more concerned about being elected rather than being intelligent enough to lead. Several massive grains of salt though because it is Putin. However, I do agree that US is a war machine and shouldn't be trusted either.

Why is it considered a bad thing if a lackluster game from a big video game series is a commercial success? I remember when pointing out that Sword/Shield was the best selling Pokémon games of the 21st century, someone told me that this is sad news.
its about perspective. some folks consider it "sad" because good sales on a game like sword/shield may give a company (TPC) the idea that they're fine consuming a "lackluster" product, so companies get the idea that cutting corners is fine because they can rely on brand loyalty in their corner on the market. see palworld's rampant fanbase for more of this sentiment.

to me it makes total sense that SW/SH sold so well. i didn't particularly care for the game myself but the new battle dynamic was interesting and it was the first mainline pokemon game on the switch, which is a VERY popular console. it also happened to come out just before the lockdowns so people were buying games left and right.

its about perspective. some folks consider it "sad" because good sales on a game like sword/shield may give a company (TPC) the idea that they're fine consuming a "lackluster" product, so companies get the idea that cutting corners is fine because they can rely on brand loyalty in their corner on the market. see palworld's rampant fanbase for more of this sentiment.

to me it makes total sense that SW/SH sold so well. i didn't particularly care for the game myself but the new battle dynamic was interesting and it was the first mainline pokemon game on the switch, which is a VERY popular console. it also happened to come out just before the lockdowns so people were buying games left and right.
To me, I don’t think buying a game would encourage companies to continue making games that cut corners. In fact, I believe that if a game sells very well, the developers will listen to the fans and their criticisms more, so they can learn why people are angry. For instance, since Scarlet/Violet was a success, but filled with glitches, Game Freak is taking criticism very seriously, as they would consider not releasing a game half-baked next time. They might’ve listened to us on the clothing customization feature too (which is a joke).

One of the biggest complaints about Sword/Shield was the removal of the Pokémon species. While Game Freak listened to them, they couldn’t make a new game that supports every species anymore due to data limitations. In fact, when they even tried having all Pokémon supported, they had to cut content in their newer games, even when it went as far as dropping the National Pokédex. So this was bound to happen.

To me, I don’t think buying a game would encourage companies to continue making games that cut corners. In fact, I believe that if a game sells very well, the developers will listen to the fans and their criticisms more, so they can learn why people are angry.
should we have lived in a perfect world this would be true, but it's not the case for ALL developers or game companies, sadly :/ a good game dev will always listen to their criticisms, though. i didn't play scarlet or violet though so i'm not really sure what changed between the two. ive heard sc/vi was good if not for the bugs though so, perhaps that is progress?

What’s wrong with these guys?
They're a bit too preachy and self-righteous for my tastes. It seems like they think EVERYTHING is a sin, which is ridiculous. Idk, maybe I'm just stereotyping but I certainly can't relate to them.

We had to do the PACER test today. It was absolutely awful. I didn’t even get the amount of laps I have to get for my gender, but I don’t care, almost no other boy did. My legs were in complete agony for, like, 30 minutes, and I wanted to throw up for just as long, but it’s completely worth it. Because I never, ever have to do it again, this is the last grade we do it. This must be how Olympic athletes who win gold medals feel.

They're a bit too preachy and self-righteous for my tastes. It seems like they think EVERYTHING is a sin, which is ridiculous. Idk, maybe I'm just stereotyping but I certainly can't relate to them.
If there’s anything worse than them when it comes to that, it’s gotta be cults. If a church is so preachy and judgmental to the point they start harassing you, then they’re not even a church. They’re a cult. The Westboro Baptist Church is also a cult, like the Branch Davidians and the National Alliance.

There was a fight in gym today. It’s nothing new, just happens every two days or so. This time everyone was talking about it. A teacher said that most people in fights probably want teachers to come break it up because they know they’re going to get their asses handed to them. That’s probably true.

Tomorrow is the 10th so I plan on getting my fortune cookie tomorrow. 10 is a more auspicious number in some Asian cultures than 9. The kanji for 9 is similar to the kanji that means suffering in Japanese

Movies like Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius and Disney's Dinosaur may not be all that today, but back when CGI was still new, they were pretty mind-boggling, much like Toy Story which came before. After that, everyone wanted in on the new trend.

I'm probably one of the very few people who enjoyed (and still enjoys) Dinosaur lol

Movies like Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius and Disney's Dinosaur may not be all that today, but back when CGI was still new, they were pretty mind-boggling, much like Toy Story which came before. After that, everyone wanted in on the new trend.

I'm probably one of the very few people who enjoyed (and still enjoys) Dinosaur lol
While I still like Toy Story 1 & 2, Shrek 1, and Finding Nemo. Their use of CGI seems ancient by today’s standards, but they are classics.

Dinosaur is such an underrated gem ♡

As far as hip hop goes, I find Eminem incredibly overrated. I'd rather listen to something like Cypress Hill, De La Soul, Wu Tang, 2pac, etc., tyvm!

Have you ever burst out laughing because of a random thought or something you once heard from TV/media...and now people around you are wondering if you have lost it because it looks out of context to them.

That has never happened to me before. 🥲
this happened to me today. I was thinking about this crazy YouTube video while I was in the truck with my dad, and he was wondering why I was laughing. I just said “nothing” because I didn’t wanna give all the details. 😭😂

Older CGI stuff is pretty cool, despite the sometimes outdated animation techniques. These days, CGI has advanced so much in such a short amount of time, that more content is being made like that and less of the 2D traditional stuff, which is kind of a shame as I’d love another traditionally animated movie from a western studio being released theatrically and not some streaming exclusive garbo. Isn’t it way cheaper to make a 2D animated film compared to CGI anyways? You’d make a massive profit if it’s good enough.

Unfortunately, Balt Didney seems to be more focused on making live action remakes that have none of the charm like the originals had. I’m honestly surprised that a sequel to the live action Lion King is in the works. I’ve always viewed the live action remakes as major cash grabs, as it’s essentially the same story being told with a different art style, sometimes with a few things being changed dramatically ‘cause Didney wants to be different and force current trends and ideals down our throats. Meh.

As far as hip hop goes, I find Eminem incredibly overrated. I'd rather listen to something like Cypress Hill, De La Soul, Wu Tang, 2pac, etc., tyvm!
‘90s rap is so much better than the current excuse of a genre I’d like to call mumble rap. Whatever happened to the days of sampling catchy beats and rapping about your real problems?

As a Metro Detroiter, I’m going to display a bit of favoritism and share that I have major respect for Marshal Mathers III. You may think he’s overrated, but think of it this way: he raised his daughter way better than most without a mom being around, and will fight to the death to prevent her from receiving any form of harm from anyone. He mentions his daughter many times in his songs, each and every time saying how far he’ll go to defend her. Despite her now being an adult and Eminem letting her gain independence, it makes me happy that Eminem cared that much about his child without a mother being around.

Back