• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Place your random thoughts.

I’ve noticed that there’s a common theme on the internet. It goes like this:

A character that is introduced that faces immediate backlash. This happens to a lot of series. However, sometimes, the hate gets to the point where it’s memetic. Take Jar Jar Binks or Scrappy Doo, for example. Eventually, a portion of people will come out to say that they actually like the character, and there’s less people that are unironically expressing hate for the character. This isn’t just characters, this can also apply to installments, like Sonic 06. When was the last time you saw someone who actually showed hatred towards that game?

This can also go the other way around. A game/episode/movie/character is created that sees immediate praise. This is normal. But in some cases, people really, really like it. Eventually, sometimes if it’s just something or someone that just happens to be well-liked, it gets pinned with that word. You know what the word is. “Overr*ted”. The second something becomes too popular, a portion of people will say that it doesn’t deserve the praise. I’ve found that no matter what it is, this happens to it as long as it’s held in high regard. GTA? Overrated. Band Geeks? Overrated. Netflix. Oxygen? Everyone needs it so it has to be overrated. Literally just the streaming service? Overrated. The only difference in this case is that there’s still a lot of people willing to defend something that people call overrated.

The lesson here is simple. The internet is a very weird place. If people hate or love something too much, it’s going to have people who feel the opposite way no matter what.
I'm one of the few people who likes jar jar binks. I think he looks neat. But I realize most people have a problem with his personality. I don't mind his personality.
I actually don't care for the ewoks, but many people like them.

I know this may sound cynical, but I composed a list of Disney logic situations about how bad Disney’s latest decisions have been. If they keep up with these bad decisions, they’re going to lose business. I’m not even gonna get started on the “wokeness” for once. Inspired by Liberal Logic 101 memes, here’s my Disney Logic spoiler:

Logic Situation 1:
  • Star Wars has a completed saga after six movies - continue making Star Wars content, and have a Star Wars-themed hotel.
  • The Ghost and Molly McGee remains unfinished and has a few loose ends - cancel the show, and do not have merchandise.
Logic Situation 2:
  • Owl House is a successful show that took risks - cancel it because it doesn’t “fit the brand“.
  • Wish is a failure that played safe by using the same tropes - continue promoting it.
Logic Situation 3:
  • Focusing on the same brands leads to failure - continue milking popular brands.
  • Making new IPs leads to success - don’t make new IPs.
Logic Situation 4:
  • Parks lost profit because of fewer park attendants - raise the ticket prices to combat profit losses.
  • Universal is building a park in Texas for profits and reduce attendance issues - don’t build a third Disney park in Texas.

I was watching a youtube video that showed a clip of stream of someone playing Tears of the Kingdom. Chat started barking when Ganondorf showed up. Is that a regional thing people do when they're thirsty?

I know this may sound cynical, but I composed a list of Disney logic situations about how bad Disney’s latest decisions have been. If they keep up with these bad decisions, they’re going to lose business. I’m not even gonna get started on the “wokeness” for once. Inspired by Liberal Logic 101 memes, here’s my Disney Logic spoiler:

Logic Situation 1:
  • Star Wars has a completed saga after six movies - continue making Star Wars content, and have a Star Wars-themed hotel.
  • The Ghost and Molly McGee remains unfinished and has a few loose ends - cancel the show, and do not have merchandise.
Logic Situation 2:
  • Owl House is a successful show that took risks - cancel it because it doesn’t “fit the brand“.
  • Wish is a failure that played safe by using the same tropes - continue promoting it.
Logic Situation 3:
  • Focusing on the same brands leads to failure - continue milking popular brands.
  • Making new IPs leads to success - don’t make new IPs.
Logic Situation 4:
  • Parks lost profit because of fewer park attendants - raise the ticket prices to combat profit losses.
  • Universal is building a park in Texas for profits and reduce attendance issues - don’t build a third Disney park in Texas.
I’m not sure I get your first point. Star Wars is one of the most successful franchises of all time with so much room to build. Disney Channel shows can hardly be compared to it.

I’m not sure I get your first point. Star Wars is one of the most successful franchises of all time with so much room to build. Disney Channel shows can hardly be compared to it.
Successful or not, Star Wars didn’t need another movie. Revenge of the Sith (or at least The Clone Wars) should’ve been the last Star Wars film. By buying out Star Wars and turning it into a cash cow, Disney completely missed the point of Star Wars. It’s supposed to be about the tragedy of Darth Vader, not a series of space wars. Sure they can have the Expanded Universe and video games, but it didn’t need another movie after 2005. Disney did it all for money, when that money could’ve been used for education and infrastructure over a new Star Wars movie.

Just because something isn’t successful enough doesn’t mean it needs to be ignored. There are still people who like the lesser-popular media. Heck, you don’t even have to look at the Disney Channel. Take a look at the WDAS films. How much attention does Disney give Oliver & Company? None! How much attention does Disney give Frozen? They’re obsessed with it to the point that it’s going to have a fourth film. This is like choosing a favorite child.

Now the paragraph above may contradict my second point, where they decided to focus on the failure over the success, but the difference is that they’re not giving the Disney Channel shows any love. They’ve been doing a bad job about marketing their shows and expecting people to watch. They also need to realize that their weaker, yet successful attempts in the past (like the aforementioned Oliver & Company) will develop a fandom (like how their older classics did in the late 20th century). They were right about not giving The Black Cauldron another chance since that was an embarrassment to the studio, but they didn’t need to ignore the mildly popular films.

I just now understand Plane Jane’s drag name, as her persona is an “average girl.” I know the “plain” part is spelled like the airplane meaning, but her persona is a “basic white girl.” Like a “plain Jane”, the term for that. (Such as her “Ruveal Yourself” look being a parody of a basic white girl sports fan, and a pic on Instagram of her parodying a white girl with a Pumpkin Spice Latte.) Idk why this took so long for me to understand lol.

Last edited:
Plagiarism is when you copy someone else's work and pass it off as your own. Its a very serious consquence and when you're caught doing it, its very serious. This is one of the reasons why you have to use your own ideas and thoughts when making your own project. Even if you use "sources" for your work you have to give the original owner "credit" for their ideas but you have to "Paraphrase" the material. You have to know where the information came from and you have to make sure to give credit since you didn't came up with the idea.

A useless fact you definitely didn't need to know:

On Mario Party Superstars when you're playing online with randoms, whatever character you choose will be different on everyone's screen. This is so it doesn't get confusing if two people are playing with the same character. I confirmed this when I connected with someone I knew on a worldwide randomly, and I showed up as Yoshi on their screen despite playing as Wario.

There was this one time that I asked my science teacher what we were doing and then he asked if I meant that in the sense of the universe…

There are two famous phrases:
  • Pen is mightier than sword
  • Actions speak louder than words
What’s one idea that makes both phrases contradict each other?

Political Violence

Kind of sad that the site keeps losing veteran members over time. The newer members are nice, but it's just not the same... I mean I understand that there hasn't been any new ACNH news in awhile, but it's just sad to see. Next AC game when???
I've sort of noticed that some members join for the sole purpose finding specific items or villagers, or even requesting a town tune. They leave shortly after they find what they need. They probably search for Animal Crossing help on Google, and this forum pops up before any social media page. I sometimes wish some of these members would stick around, but I'm starting to see forums aren't everyone's cup of tea.

So I read a page on TV Tropes about unsafe toys like lawn darts and atomic energy lab kits. It’s crazy how even toys used to be unsafe.

But one unsafe toy they forgot to mention was the talking Po doll from Teletubbies.

I've sort of noticed that some members join for the sole purpose finding specific items or villagers, or even requesting a town tune. They leave shortly after they find what they need. They probably search for Animal Crossing help on Google, and this forum pops up before any social media page. I sometimes wish some of these members would stick around, but I'm starting to see forums aren't everyone's cup of tea.
Oh that makes more sense, I was wondering why everyday new members join and post in the introduction board only to leave the same day or whatever, perhaps they came for assistance in Animal Crossing but they don't understand how the forums work or they figured this site isn't useful to them? I have no idea it's just something I'm curious about.

Okay guys, seriously, think about it.

IMG_5910.jpeg
+
IMG_5909.jpeg
=
IMG_5914.jpeg

If you want more beautiful art, there’s also this.

IMG_5915.jpeg
+
IMG_5916.jpeg
=
IMG_5917.jpeg

Back