• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Place your random thoughts.

It’s my first dog’s birthday, a bittersweet day that I have fond memories of, though I still miss him. Like I said, he was my first dog, as I begged my parents for one, since I’d already mastered owning fish. I remember one year we gave him a cupcake topped with dog treats and he loved it! My other dog has no idea he existed, but I think they would have gotten along at some point…maybe.
Tomorrow will be my dog's birthday. I still miss her a lot.

I tried strawberry soda recently, and it is surprisingly good and reminds me of strawberry nerds which were always good. I don't remember strawberry soda tasting like that but I'm glad it does because, if it tastes like my memory, it was awful. Maybe it was a bad brand? Idk. The memory was at minimum from 20 years ago.

A little over an hour to go on the latest shift I've ever had. It wasn't too bad, but it feels really weird still being here at 3 in the morning. I don't get off until 4am for the rest of the week, which is an hour later than the time I normally go to bed!

I decided to rewatch Goobacks (the South Park episode), and even though it's not as relevant as it was then (at least I think so, I wasn't alive in 2004), the message that I think they were trying to say is pretty good. The “pissed off white trash redneck conservatives” are right for not wanting the future people (basically immigrants) to steal all of their jobs, but their solutions to the issue were definitely bad. The “aging hippie liberal douche” (in this case, there was one liberal) is right because the future is a bad place (the place immigrants come from), so they deserve to be able to stay in the present (America). But, like his name implies, he's a douche to people, mainly people who say anything he finds insensitive. It doesn't push one agenda, it shows how both sides are right, but the way they're going about the situation is wrong. I know this isn't unique to this episode, or even this show, I just wanted to give an example.

1704296715872.png

Awww yeeaah.

So, with the MIG-Switch flashcart becoming a thing, with Nintendo not liking it, I almost want to bet, the next system won't have a cartridge port. Physical games gone. Beyond the fact of Nintendo being picky about people having physical full versions of games, and them against dumping what you own, the flashcart can cut Nintendo out from an indie dev selling their game to players and it going on the flashcart to be played on the Nintendo system.

I've been thinking about the age-old question of having the hypothetical option to not be required to eat or sleep, and what you would choose. After some thought, I came to the conclusion that neither is possible and you'd literally die. But assuming you can miraculously live without either with no consequence to your health, I still have a hard time choosing what I'd pick. Not being required to sleep would be pretty convenient though, and you'd have way more time on your hands.

Last edited:
My nose and fingers are so numb from standing out in the cold right now.

Edit: well, the bus did come now, but the most annoying girl in my grade is taking my bus today. I don't know why, because she's not even supposed to be on our bus, but I would rather stand outside for 20 more minutes than go on a bus ride with her.

Last edited:
I think my generation (late millennial/older Gen Z) are gonna make some awesome old people. We’ll be watching anime or Drag Race or gaming YouTubers with the grandkids or the friends, reading manga, playing Switch games…. I know that won’t apply to everyone , but it will to a lot lol.

I saw someone say online that the movie theater they worked at let them have free popcorn. The only issue is that after working there for a few days, they'll constantly be around popcorn and giving it to people and be used to the smell. Eventually they'll start to taste the butter chemicals more than the actual popcorn. They won't even want it at some point. So, you can have free popcorn, but after working there for a while, popcorn will make you want to throw up. I don't know how accurate that is, but my sister works at a movie theater, and I noticed that she hasn't gotten popcorn when we go to watch movies since. So maybe it is true.

freedom from tooth jail (braces) in four weeks hell yeah

Witnessed my first spam thread in the New Horizons subforum. Good thing it got taken care of quick.

A second *live Action* CGI Lion King in December. Ugh.

It's probably just gonna be another cash grab I bet (Esspecially if you look at the plot of it)

Last edited:
A second live Action Lion King in December. Ugh.

It's probably just gonna be another cash grab I bet (Esspecially if you look at the plot of it)
I don't get why they would make another one, the first one was clearly not a good idea.

A second live Action Lion King in December. Ugh.

For real, though, wouldn't it be funny if the plot was actually based heavily off Simba's Pride? I'm surprised though that one of Disney's live action remakes was approved for a sequel.

Back