Place your random thoughts.

There is a huge difference between bratty kids demanding things and bad hackers. You don't have to give the kids anything and just leave, going about your day. Hackers ruin your save file, most of the time making changes to your town and character that can't be reversed. This is not the same and shouldn't be compared.
Either way, the best thing to do is not go to Club Tortimer. You’re right that spoiled brats aren’t comparable to console modders that do irreversible damage that require you to actually buy a new 3DS or game copy. I would call the latter “cyberterrorism”, even though real terrorism isn’t involved.

not a hacking incident but i remember going to club tortimer in 2015 with my brother. one time we connected to the same server (rare in those days) and some guy asked my brother if he wanted to trade his bells for a royal crown. my brother gave him the bells but the guy took off and never gave him the royal crown 😭

The neighbours cat Juice likes to visit and he decided to jump on the kitchen counter and lick a bunch of old bacon fat out of a pan. Hopefully his guts will be ok. And then he sits there and wants me to turn on the kitchen tap so he can drink from it instead of the water bowl. I obliged obvs

I just thought of an interesting story related to ACNL where the trope “Laser-Guided Karma” would fall under. Keep in mind that this is entirely fictional.

One guy has scammed several players in ACNL, by robbing other players of dream villagers being put for auction, other members’ Bells, and items. He got everything he wanted from scamming. But then someday, due to his cartridge being a bad egg, his save data has been corrupted, and was forced to start all over again. He tried to get help on his new town, but due to his past scamming behavior, nobody would want to help him on anything from Animal Crossing.
  • If he tries to subvert the trope by getting everything on his own and learning his lesson, a pickpocketer steals his 3DS, and his mother refuses to buy a new 3DS after finding out he scammed players online.

I was on the give your opinion about the above user thread, and the second page is really funny to watch. I really can't say I have any idea what's going on there, they just started talking about candy out of nowhere.

This should’ve been MGM’s theatrical logo. If I got into the film making industry, I would assure this for my movie.
Funny you mentioned home video logos; I'm a pretty huge logo nut. I haven't liked MGM's logo because it's seen on pretty much every film they now own (AKA not released by them originally), and you would be annoyed too if you're heavily into that kind of stuff like me. Meanwhile, home video logos were always cool to me. If you were a kid growing up with VHS tapes in the 90's, you'd definitely remember a few of these:

If you watched Nickelodeon tapes, you'll definitely remember this. Originally made in 1989, I only disliked this Paramount logo when I was 5, and that was because it was loud. Looking at it now, however, the animation really holds up, and it's one of my all-time favorites.

Ah, Golden Book. An interesting line of kids videos. I had a few, but none of the originals that were straight up storybook adaptations. There's also a space version that's pretty weird.

If you grew up in the 90's, you must have HAD to seen a Disney video at least once. Their logos are classics.

AKA the one logo on Disney tapes that gave kids nightmares. I was scared too, of course, but after watching THX logos many times later on, it doesn't bother me anymore.

I had a few Arthur tapes that were released by Sony Wonder. Their logo is pretty cool.

A week or two ago I was talking about how I wouldn't be able to post in the milestone thread for a while because I wanted to post there at 1,000 posts. At the time, I had 665 posts, or very close to that number, and that was September 27th. 8 days later, I hit 776 posts and decide it's a good time to post in the thread since 777 is a lucky number. So… I guess it's impressive that I got more than 110 posts in a week and a day? At this speed, I'll definitely be reaching 1,000 posts in the near future!

A week or two ago I was talking about how I wouldn't be able to post in the milestone thread for a while because I wanted to post there at 1,000 posts. At the time, I had 665 posts, or very close to that number, and that was September 27th. 8 days later, I hit 776 posts and decide it's a good time to post in the thread since 777 is a lucky number. So… I guess it's impressive that I got more than 110 posts in a week and a day? At this speed, I'll definitely be reaching 1,000 posts in the near future!
I'm surprised myself that I've posted over 400 times in such a short span. At this rate, I'll forget about my 1,000th post entirely when that comes...

Funny you mentioned home video logos; I'm a pretty huge logo nut. I haven't liked MGM's logo because it's seen on pretty much every film they now own (AKA not released by them originally), and you would be annoyed too if you're heavily into that kind of stuff like me. Meanwhile, home video logos were always cool to me. If you were a kid growing up with VHS tapes in the 90's, you'd definitely remember a few of these:

If you watched Nickelodeon tapes, you'll definitely remember this. Originally made in 1989, I only disliked this Paramount logo when I was 5, and that was because it was loud. Looking at it now, however, the animation really holds up, and it's one of my all-time favorites.

Ah, Golden Book. An interesting line of kids videos. I had a few, but none of the originals that were straight up storybook adaptations. There's also a space version that's pretty weird.

If you grew up in the 90's, you must have HAD to seen a Disney video at least once. Their logos are classics.

AKA the one logo on Disney tapes that gave kids nightmares. I was scared too, of course, but after watching THX logos many times later on, it doesn't bother me anymore.

I had a few Arthur tapes that were released by Sony Wonder. Their logo is pretty cool.
I only know the Disney and THX ones, as well as that MGM one I posted earlier. Disney, we used to watch a lot. Same with 20th Century Fox.

Speaking of THX, I once believed that THX was the studio that made Peter Pan. But THX was founded in 1983, as part of Lucasfilm. Peter Pan came out in 1953, back when Walt Disney was still alive. THX only digitally recreated Peter Pan for VHS.

Oh, this gave me nostalgia. Though I never saw the Golden Book one before and the Sony Wonder one may have only been on one thing I watched? I don't remember it quite that well.

I don't know what it is but I can't seem to put more than one picture in a spoiler without it turning into two different spoilers. I do it the same way, but I put two pictures inside the spoiler instead of one. Yet, it breaks into two clickable spoilers with the same exact title. How annoying. I must be missing something, or the forum doesn't like me, lol.

I only know the Disney and THX ones, as well as that MGM one I posted earlier. Disney, we used to watch a lot. Same with 20th Century Fox.

Speaking of THX, I once believed that THX was the studio that made Peter Pan. But THX was founded in 1983, as part of Lucasfilm. Peter Pan came out in 1953, back when Walt Disney was still alive. THX only digitally recreated Peter Pan for VHS.
THX's thing back then was to essentially enhance an existing film's sound and picture quality, both in theaters and on home video. It was never a film studio. Nowadays, they mainly fine tune home theater equipment, though there are still several movie theaters out there that are equipped with THX equipment. I've always found their logos cool.

If love was a fruit what would it be.
My first thought was the loveberry from Neopets.
loveberry.gif

Back