• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Place your random thoughts.

What is this cursed thing? It’s listed as new but Porter is butt naked aside from the hat?? Someone’s lying.
IMG_3093.jpeg

anyone here knowledgeable with older cars? i have a question pertaining to an OC of mine. he's based in the 1970s in the USA, and i want him to drive some sort of loud muscle car. i want the car to really scream "this guy is an annoying, snobby d-bag, and he revs his car at 2 am to wake up the neighborhood" kind of vibes. any ideas? bonus points if it has a row of seats in the back, for some reason the cars i've seen only have two seats and thats it.

i joined tumblr despite complaining about it yesterday and oh my goodness, it is so confusing to use. why is it so overly complicated to customize my own blog??

i joined tumblr despite complaining about it yesterday and oh my goodness, it is so confusing to use. why is it so overly complicated to customize my own blog??
If you search for Tumblr themes (either on the actual website or just on Google) there are loads of free premade ones and you can just copy and paste all of the code and use it for your blog. Being able to edit all of the HTML stuff is good if you're picky about certain things, but I agree that it can be overwhelming and it's not for everyone hahahaha

In band, we had to form groups for a project where we work together to play a song, and it can be any song. We were thinking about what it could be, but we knew we wanted it to be a video game song. So then I said Coconut Mall, kind of as a joke, but it was actually a perfect pick. I'm going to play the piano, one person will play mallets, and the other person will play trumpet, and we're all playing instruments we actually know how to play. I can't wait to perform it lol.

Feel like as I get older the YouTube content that I used to enjoy starts to not be as enjoyable. Nothing against the creators or the content they produce but its just my views and opinions change over time and I grow out of things that I used to enjoy.

Feel like as I get older the YouTube content that I used to enjoy starts to not be as enjoyable. Nothing against the creators or the content they produce but its just my views and opinions change over time and I grow out of things that I used to enjoy.
when i was younger i really liked watching let’s play videos, nowadays i can’t stand to watch them for 5 minutes without getting bored. now i just watch any videos i find interesting in my recommendations.

Ads with someone on their phone (in car) telling the viewer about whatever seems pretty sketchy to me.

realized i don’t have any spooky collectibles at all 😭 hoping i can get some during the new halloween event 😀

I think I'm more of a pantser than a plotter when it comes to writing.
I'm kinda the same. I did try plotting out fully once before, but then the story ended up way too short. Next time I just ran with the MC and a (very) vague outline of the story and it seemed to work a lot better. The only downside is that it needed a little bit more editing to avoid a couple of plotholes that got made up along the way...

What does that mean?
A pantser is someone who writes a story with little to no real planning. Like you have an idea of the story, maybe an MC, perhaps the general setting, and that's it. A sort of 'just go with the flow' and see where the story takes you.

Plotters are the ones who draft out the full story (and usually the cast) before starting it.

I'm kinda the same. I did try plotting out fully once before, but then the story ended up way too short. Next time I just ran with the MC and a (very) vague outline of the story and it seemed to work a lot better. The only downside is that it needed a little bit more editing to avoid a couple of plotholes that got made up along the way...

A pantser is someone who writes a story with little to no real planning. Like you have an idea of the story, maybe an MC, perhaps the general setting, and that's it. A sort of 'just go with the flow' and see where the story takes you.

Plotters are the ones who draft out the full story (and usually the cast) before starting it.
In this case, I’m definitely a plotter. When coming up with a story for a video game, I do some extensive pre-writing before I start writing them down.

TV tropes never fails to trap me in it's never ending hole. I click on one trope, then I see more interesting ones on that page, and click on multiple, and all of them have their own interesting ones that I click on, and then all of THOSE have more tropes, and then I end up sitting at my laptop screen for like an hour. It happened to me today until I decided to stop myself and not click on any links no matter how much I want to.

Some of my favorite tropes from TV Tropes:
  • Meaningless Villain Victory - the bad guy wins, but he doesn’t get what he wants.
  • Nice Job Breaking It, Hero! - the law of unintended consequences happens because of the good guys.
  • The Dog Bites Back - the sidekicks or victims of the villain fights back against the villain.
  • Didn’t Think This Through - an action or plan done by some character comes to bite back because of a fundamental flaw anyone would’ve gotten.
  • Loophole Abuse - a character defies the purpose of a rule or condition by exploiting an ambiguity for personal gain.
I also seem to like these time-based ones, like Early-Installment Weirdness, Values Dissonance, Unintentional Period Piece, “Seinfeld” is Unfunny, and Characterization Marches On.

I think I'm the only one out of all my friends who hasn't been in a relationship yet. Also, is it just me or do people w/ autism and/or Asperger's tend to stay single in general?
I know this is from March but yeah, I have noticed that a lot of people on the spectrum tend to avoid relationships. It’s also been known that we are more likely to be Asexual (I can confirm since I am on the spectrum myself and I am Asexual and Aromantic). I’m only attracted to fictional characters. 😅

Now, not everyone on the spectrum are single, Asexual and/or Aromantic, but ASD does tend to be a factor.

Back