• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Place your random thoughts.

We writers and artists need to have each other's back. Especially, though this soulless AI stuff.

Even though my stuff isn't good, at least I'm not going to let some program do the work that I should be doing. What's the point of getting better at something if you're going to let something or someone else do it for you.

Also, the folks who can do both writing and art are amazing.

I needed to get this off my chest.
as an aspiring author for non-fiction and self-help books, I second this. 💖💕
Post automatically merged:

Why do cough drops taste so good? I don't even know if it's really safe to do it, but sometimes I have some for no reason other than how good they taste. It usually depends on what type of cough drop, though.
I used to do this when I was little, the cherry Halls cough drops were just delicious for some reason 😭🍒🍬

We writers and artists need to have each other's back. Especially, though this soulless AI stuff.

Even though my stuff isn't good, at least I'm not going to let some program do the work that I should be doing. What's the point of getting better at something if you're going to let something or someone else do it for you.

Also, the folks who can do both writing and art are amazing.

I needed to get this off my chest.
I don't think people expected it to get as out of hand as it has. They really need to get off their butt and start putting stronger laws and cc in place. It's honestly a joke when the Marvel franchise used AI art for their one show and no one is batting an eye.

The weather in Connecticut, I swear. It can be rainy then sunny then cloudy then sunny then rainy. I mean, SERIOUSLY.

idk if i’ve ranted about this before but i think there should be more modern blogging sites. it’s the choice between either blogger or tumblr, and both are dead.

idk if i’ve ranted about this before but i think there should be more modern blogging sites. it’s the choice between either blogger or tumblr, and both are dead.
Yeah, I’ve been having this problem too, hence my return to TBT. I hope my idea blog gets a lot of views and viewers.

I made a post where I said I've never watched a show with a theme song I dislike. No matter how bad I think a show is, I at least like the theme song. Well, I thought about it, and I do know at least one I don't like.

The Pokémon Black and White theme song. It's already not a good series, and it has a crappy theme song. It sounds like Christian music, at least kind of, and I don't even like Christian music in the first place, which isn't even the reason I dislike this song. It's visuals are also kind of weird, the 3D is just off putting. The lyrics are also really corny. I really don't like it.

I always thought it was weird that Polar Pop was a drink instead of a popsicle. Until I realized why. That really says a lot about my dialect! XD

I always thought it was weird that Polar Pop was a drink instead of a popsicle. Until I realized why. That really says a lot about my dialect! XD
I prefer to call it “soda” instead of “pop”. Here in Texas, we call it “coke”, but I’m of a Californian descent, hence why we call it “soda”.

I’m finally being smart and writing down recipes in a physical book instead of constantly having to look them up and panicking when I can’t find the tab they were on lol

edit: quickly realizing these are almost all dessert recipes hahaha i hate cooking but i like baking, dunno why that is

Last edited:
this is the second day that someone i know has found a random plastic duck. first, my friend found a pink plastic duck and gave it to me, now my mom found a small yellow plastic duck. i have no idea why people are hiding plastic ducks in places, but i hope i get some more.

A praying mantis guards the doorway to my house. It looks down on us as we pass through. It's been there for a few days now. Must be getting alot of meals at night or something.
It is funny how attentive they are to people when they see them.

I'm sure that in like 30 years, slang will have evolved from English into an alien language. I'm a teenager and don't understand half of what other people my age are even saying most of the time.
this just reminded me what a trip it was trying to explain the terms "blorbo" and "skrunkly" to my parents the other day LOL

I might talk about my experience on this site on my idea blog. Last time I did this, I received a hateful comment from one of the users on this site that was anonymously harassing me, which discouraged me from discussing this site elsewhere. But since the toxicity of this site died down and the community has gotten nicer, I should be safe to talk about this site on my personal blogs and link them here.

Here are my promises if I do that:
  • I will not call out other users’ names.
  • I will not bring up other members’ moderations or poor behaviors.
  • I will not allude to specific users on any incident.
  • I will not slander this site.
  • I will keep discussions of past drama to a minimum. I may share my bad experiences, but I don’t need to archive everything that went wrong with this site.
It’s okay to talk about the site elsewhere, but I am mindful about privacy of other people.

Every year since like 2020 or 2019 I always tell myself I'm gonna have a shark movie marathon for shark week but I always get so excited for shark week and then end up forgetting about it because I always keep thinking shark week is held during June cause June is the beginning of summer and pride month is in June and I forget that shark week is held during either July or August.
I don't care if October is for binge watching Halloween movies, I'm gonna binge watch all the horror shark movies I have on my watch list 🙃

you were trying to explain what and WHAT
okay so a blorbo is basically just a synonym for favorite character, and to say something is skrunkly is like an affectionate way of saying it's very endearing in a weird, funny sort of way—Jinx the cat is the best example of something skrunkly I can think of. I have no idea how either of these words came into being tbh
she is a healthy cat btw! just a little unusual looking
scale;webp=auto;jpeg_quality=60.jpg

okay so a blorbo is basically just a synonym for favorite character, and to say something is skrunkly is like an affectionate way of saying it's very endearing in a weird, funny sort of way—Jinx the cat is the best example of something skrunkly I can think of. I have no idea how either of these words came into being tbh
she is a healthy cat btw! just a little unusual looking
scale;webp=auto;jpeg_quality=60.jpg

I can only surmise that someone was trying to be quirky AF when coming up with "blorbo," since that literally sounds like some sort of weird alien.

And someone else was trying to be way too cute about one of their pets, but ran out of words to use, and thus "skrunkly" was born.

🙃

So I recently asked on the CTS board if even mentioning banned book titles are a forum violation. I didn’t create it to get attention from the staff or mock the rules, but I do want to know if I’m allowed to do something before even posting. I try to look ahead of time to avoid infractions rather than post, get an infraction, and learn not to do it again.

Somehow, I did get an unanswered question from earlier answered, with a very good response. I hope they didn’t think I was trying to get attention from them that way. If I were trying to get their attention, I would’ve VMed or PMed them for that, and on trivial matters only.

Imagine if someone played Coconut Mall over the speaker at a store during Black Friday.

Back