• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Place your random thoughts.

When I was in 7th grade we had a site that was used for announcements and schoolwork, but there was a part of it where students could post about anything they wanted. Think about it like this site… except everyone is a complete ****head. So basically Twitter. Not everyone was bad, but there were some people who would come for you if you said anything they didn't like. I tried to only post funny things I found or random thoughts or videos, but every once in a while I would accidentally post something that someone didn't like and a lot of people ganged up on me on the site and bullied me to the point of crying. Seriously. It was a nice site if you ignored the fact that some people were little *****es who couldn't handle someone having an opinion. I kind of wish we still had it. But like anything nice that's given to us in our school, we had to do something to get it taken away. By "we", I really mean "the majority". Someone said that there were only 2 genders and people were not very happy. I think it's the posters fault for even saying that because that's a stupid thing to say, but cyber bullying someone because of that, is that really the best option? Regardless, all of their actions are what got it taken down. The original poster also ended up leaving the school. So… I'll let you decide why they left. I guess everyone was a lot less mature back then.

The seller that ghosted my messages has sent me a refund so atleast I get that money back & don't have to worry about that anymore. Would have been nice had they sent me a refund when I sent the message requesting it about two or three days ago, before they closed their shop and then reopened a day later. But atleast I got it back (when it goes throu the credit card company).

Muffy/Molly from SoS A Wonderful Life, Forte and Margaret from Rune Factory 4, Haley from Stardew Valley.... Something about blondes in farming sims (and in general, really) is just so ❤️❤️❤️ to me~

What video game change am I more resentful towards? ACNH’s Early Bird and Night Owl ordinances being a joke, or Pokémon Scarlet/Violet’s clothing customization being a joke? Clearly, it’s the latter, but the former is pretty bad. I have a lot to discuss on that on my new idea blog.

Last edited:
I think I'm gonna take up trying to learn the ocarina again. Songbird Ocarina's website has quite a collection of them, most pretty affordable. This is the one I'll be getting:
20220705_161224_2048x.jpg

It's a beginner's model so it only has 4 holes. Cheap, too, at just $25! Can't wait.

We writers and artists need to have each other's back. Especially, though this soulless AI stuff.

Even though my stuff isn't good, at least I'm not going to let some program do the work that I should be doing. What's the point of getting better at something if you're going to let something or someone else do it for you.

Also, the folks who can do both writing and art are amazing.

I needed to get this off my chest.

I think my idea blog is now working. There’s now one entry published to everyone. Granted, this week is only the introduction week, but there’ll be more in the future.

It’s still weird to me how in the old days people would watch an execution or gladiator death-match and just…go back to their lives? Did people have different emotional development back then? I mean, how could you watch someone get hanged for witchcraft and just carry on farming? (As in, not be traumatized by watching someone die) It’s interesting to me, but also creepy.
I thought about this too before, and the conclusion I decided on was, they were conditioned.
Kind of like the children of the 2000s in the Middle East that weren't effected by what they saw outside because they were exposed to the real life effects of war their whole life, daily.
Public execution and gladiator battles to the death was normal everyday things in those people's lives long ago. Even sometimes associated with being a good thing for their empire or village and seen as being a good citizen to support it. Or seen as good or justice or actively getting rid of something bad.

We (western world) live very different lives today and rarely see real life, esp in person, gruesome or gore violence. Even the fake stuff in movies and games often aren't realistic to real life versions of the same scenario. Physics and things..
And if real life things of that nature would to happen in our streets infront if their eyes, it would put many people into shock, many unable to properly respond to what is happening around them. What the shock would look like would depend on the person. A common one that comes to mind is standing aimlessly screaming or standing or walking aimlessly unable to speak or respond to others speaking to them.
Now if it continues for, idk 10-20 years, people and their offspring wouldnt respond that way anymore. They adjusted to their new environment or as the case with the offspring, the only environment they have ever known.
If it is a topic that interests you, there are some things you can read about world war 2 and the kinds of responses soldiers had to what they encountered on the field. Beach of Normandy (D-day) is often a common one looked at.

Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 12.30.22 PM.png

I'm usually extremely careful. I wish it would tell me what it is so I can fix it..

Edit: OMG, it's because I said 'seniors'. I was referring to High Schoolers who decide they wanted to run out and nearly knocking down everyone, including my main character's friend in their path.

Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 1.03.08 PM.png

Last edited:
So how do you write a children’s book that explains today’s culture wars? I though of using clothing colors, food, and hobbies to replace the actual controversies, but what would be a good way to describe it for kids?

Why do cough drops taste so good? I don't even know if it's really safe to do it, but sometimes I have some for no reason other than how good they taste. It usually depends on what type of cough drop, though.

I’ve been looking at the MLB postseason bracket. Although the odds say one thing, all six of these World Series outcomes are possible:
  • Astros vs Braves
  • Rangers vs Braves
  • Rays vs Braves
  • Astros vs Marlins
  • Rangers vs Marlins
  • Rays vs Marlins
What do they have in common? If that’s how the World Series goes, it will be completely set in a former Confederate state. The 2021 World Series was an all-Confederate World Series. 2023 might be another one.

View attachment 515023

I'm usually extremely careful. I wish it would tell me what it is so I can fix it..

Edit: OMG, it's because I said 'seniors'. I was referring to High Schoolers who decide they wanted to run out and nearly knocking down everyone, including my main character's friend in their path.

View attachment 515034
where's the crying react when I need it 😭😭

Back