• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Place your random thoughts.

Me when they announce the Metroid franchise is being discontinued:
giphy.gif
Wait wait wait, They're discontinuing Metroid???

I told my dad the summary of the Barbie movie, like how “she has to go to the real world and help America Ferrera” (how I explained it— probably not the best explanation) and he said, “So, Barbie’s like an angel?” 😂 That’s the first time I heard that interpretation of it lol.

Nah, it's just a "what if?" scenario, lol. Sorry to scare ya! xD
I do know one prominent Nintendo franchise that has been missing during the Switch era. We now have a Pikmin game, and we had at least the following:
  • A 2D Mario game
  • A 3D Mario game
  • A Luigi’s Mansion game
  • A Yoshi game
  • A Wario game
  • A Donkey Kong game (despite port only)
  • A Mario Kart game (despite port only)
  • A Mario Tennis game
  • A Mario Golf game
  • A Mario Party game
  • A Paper Mario game
  • A 2D Zelda game (despite port only)
  • A 3D Zelda game
  • A main series Pokémon game (despite no Switch game supporting every single species)
  • A Pokémon spin-off game
  • A Kirby game
  • An Animal Crossing game (their most successful Switch original)
  • A Fire Emblem game
  • A Metroid game
  • A Splatoon game
  • A Xenoblade game
  • A Smash game
So what’s missing? I just mentioned Pikmin, and most of the franchises that hasn’t had a new game on the Switch are relatively minor. It can’t be F-Zero since we just had an announcement on it. It’s got to be Star Fox. It’s the one major Nintendo franchise that didn’t have a new game on the Switch. Heck, even Super Mario Maker and Pokémon Snap had a new game on the Switch. So why didn’t Star Fox get a new game on the Switch? The Switch has been out for almost seven years, and there’s still no Star Fox game. It got new games on the other consoles.

Speaking of Star Fox they should make another Star Fox Adventures game. I need some more random dinosaur shenanigans.

I might fill out a project staff application when staff sign-ups open up again (which I don’t know when). I have lost interest into becoming a moderator, but I would like to work as a project staff member. That, and I like to chat with the staff, despite rarely responding to my posts on their profiles.

Would you guys like to see your resident apple to join the site staff and help with the events, or would you rather see me as a common user who participates in the events?

Would you guys like to see your resident apple to join the site staff and help with the events, or would you rather see me as a common user who participates in the events?
I'd be fine either way, but you always struck me as someone who'd be a good choice for a staff member. Then again, I joined less than a year ago and thus have no idea what the requirements for project staff would be, so...

Project staff usually focus more on art and design for the staff, so uh... if that's what you want to do, I hope you're skilled artistically.

There may be more that goes into it, but that's the basis for it from my knowledge.

Project staff usually focus more on art and design for the staff, so uh... if that's what you want to do, I hope you're skilled artistically.

There may be more that goes into it, but that's the basis for it from my knowledge.
I’m not that good in art, but I am learning game design. I could help the staff make TBT-exclusive games, using my PowerPoint-generated graphics or their art.

for me, it can be extremely awkward when it comes to a session in animal crossing ending, regardless of whether I am the host or the visitor… 😣😣☹️

I never know if I should just end the session, or if I should just let them leave on their own (if I’m the host). Should I leave on my own, or should I let them end the session? (if I’m a visitor)

for me, it can be extremely awkward when it comes to a session in animal crossing ending, regardless of whether I am the host or the visitor… 😣😣☹️

I never know if I should just end the session, or if I should just let them leave on their own (if I’m the host). Should I leave on my own, or should I let them end the session? (if I’m a visitor)

I have this too, every. single. time. I wish there was some kind of universal etiquette 😆

In Star Wars, having the fastest ship in the galaxy is a strength. It would help you escape the Empire and get somewhere before its too late.

In Spaceballs, having the fastest ship in the galaxy is a weakness. If you move too fast, you could miss the target, and who knows if it has good precision.

i’m so glad i’m not the only one who struggles with this 😅 being a visitor is easier for me since i always try to leave on my own, and the host will either end the session once i’m in the airport, or they’ll let me leave on my own.

my problem is when i’m the host— i‘ve gotten into the habit of expecting my visitors to leave on their own since they usually do, but my anxiety comes when the reason for their visit is over and they just… stand there LOL. like, are you expecting me to end the session? are you typing something? what’s going on 🤣

The 19th already. It felt like September just started but like half of it is gone now.
Does anyone else like those peanut butter kisses ( it's taffy) that come out with the Halloween candy? They are in the orange and black wrappers. I got some yesterday to save for October. I can't find them in October locally and have to get them early if I want any.
I know some people hate them.

The 19th already. It felt like September just started but like half of it is gone now.
Does anyone else like those peanut butter kisses ( it's taffy) that come out with the Halloween candy? They are in the orange and black wrappers. I got some yesterday to save for October. I can't find them in October locally and have to get them early if I want any.
I know some people hate them.

I don't know anything about Halloween candy, but I just want to agree on the September thing. 😳

Back