• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Place your random thoughts.

How is Santa Claus able to travel across the world in just 24 hours? In real life, nobody has the time to stop by every house, go inside, and give presents. Well, here’s a logical explanation.

Time only flies by when he’s at the North Pole. He’ll be watching every kid, have his elves make toys and other stuff, and even do research on how to make new toys. But when he’s not at the North Pole, time stops. That’s why you’ll never see him. So Santa coming to deliver presents, drink milk, and eat cookies is another of these time-stop pranks, but more of an act of kindness instead of an act of trickery.

I’ve never played Pokémon Go ever but I wish I’d known about the shiny Mew event, my dumb arse would have been happy to get shamelessly milked for real $$$ to acquire an otherwise almost eternally shiny locked Pokémon..

it’s 2:30am and I can’t sleep can u tell😔

I did want to mention this in the gender identity thread, but since it may be considered off-topic, I’ll post is here instead:

I was on the verge to bring up The Powerpuff Girls and how it was considered a girls show a long time ago. A guy (more particularly a kid) liking a girls show would be subject to mockery by other boys (primarily children). Nowadays, I wouldn’t even consider the Powerpuff Girls to be a true “girl show”. The kind of genre the show is was historically for boys. Because of the “girly” sugarcoating on the “boyish” barebones, the Powerpuff Girls would be another gender-neutral show, just like SpongeBob and Fairly OddParents (PPG’s Nickelodeon counterpart). If anything, Animal Crossing is more girly than The Powerpuff Girls.

So yes, it’s okay for boys to like Powerpuff Girls. And it’s safe for all ages to watch. What I also like about PPG is that although it doesn’t show how bad prison can really get in real life, it clearly shows that you do not want to go to jail, even to the least attentive of viewers.
I think these days childhood media feels less gendered (by this I mean “marketed strictly for one gender” because it was silly anyway). Maybe it’s just because I’ve grown up and see it as less gendered myself, but when I was a kid even playing video games was still seen as a bit of a boys’ thing. I’m not going to deny there are gendered brands, I just think more of the kid-friendly media we have is pushed less onto a specific gender.

On the other hand we have less media targeted at kids these days I feel. I don’t know what their equivalent to the 00’s-early 10’s children’s webgames like NeoPets, Club Penguin, ToonTown etc. would be. Maybe it’s just Fortnite or other f2p games but I always thought those webgames were such a hit with kids because anyone could run them. Some of my friends who are adults still don’t have a computer that can run Fortnite, somehow.

Also, I think it’s good having scary stuff in children’s media to an extent, but it feels like more of the kid-targeted cartoons we have now try to have dark moments and be more mature so they feel more like adolescent instead of for kids. Like even the kid-friendly stuff is different, Idk. Maybe I just really miss being a kid.

In the Pokémon anime, at least the ones before gen 9, they should have just not had Team Rocket. In the Kanto and Johto anime arcs they made sense, because that’s actually the evil team of those regions. But after that, they should have just made people like Jessie, James and Meowth but a version that is the evil team of the region. Imagine how much more interesting that would make Advanced Battle. If they did this, I’d hate Team Rocket way less.

I actually had a good night sleep for once and it feels good. Sort of passed out last night and didn't realize it. On the off hand, I forgot to charge my phone last night. Whoops. Regardless, i'm looking forward to a fresh morning/day.

I think these days childhood media feels less gendered (by this I mean “marketed strictly for one gender” because it was silly anyway). Maybe it’s just because I’ve grown up and see it as less gendered myself, but when I was a kid even playing video games was still seen as a bit of a boys’ thing. I’m not going to deny there are gendered brands, I just think more of the kid-friendly media we have is pushed less onto a specific gender.

On the other hand we have less media targeted at kids these days I feel. I don’t know what their equivalent to the 00’s-early 10’s children’s webgames like NeoPets, Club Penguin, ToonTown etc. would be. Maybe it’s just Fortnite or other f2p games but I always thought those webgames were such a hit with kids because anyone could run them. Some of my friends who are adults still don’t have a computer that can run Fortnite, somehow.

Also, I think it’s good having scary stuff in children’s media to an extent, but it feels like more of the kid-targeted cartoons we have now try to have dark moments and be more mature so they feel more like adolescent instead of for kids. Like even the kid-friendly stuff is different, Idk. Maybe I just really miss being a kid.
I think kid shows today try to appeal to the young adults more than they use to. Kids grow up and it's the young adults who buy merch or allow the next set of kids to watch x. I think it boils down to $ and views personally.

I think kid shows today try to appeal to the young adults more than they use to. Kids grow up and it's the young adults who buy merch or allow the next set of kids to watch x. I think it boils down to $ and views personally.
Oh it‘s definitely $. It’s interesting because in the past it would have been “kids will nag parents so we make media specifically for them to nag their parents”

I think it’s less targeting because young adults have $ and more to cast a wider net with them and kids kinda get scraps for kid-specific stuff now ): Like the kid-specific stuff would be lame to young adults, but I can imagine some more of them are interested in Fortnite at least, even if this still has a stigma of “zoomer” stuff

edit: on the other hand a lot of adults also arent going to let their kids go online in games. One time as an adult i went on mario kart and my mom asked if i was doing anything naughty…. MARIO KART 🤦 and that reminds me how much some parents get overly worried… that game has no voice chat or anything. But to be fair some others with chat or customisation could have it… thing is that then parents won’t even look into what’s there. A lot of stuff that doesn’t even have a swear or blood is rated M down here so i was just gated from a ton of stuff that would have been perfectly fine like ratchet & clank. My attempted solution would be to be more involved and look into each case to see what’s appropriate or might need guidance instead of just relying on a shoddy rating system or being overprotective however my bitterness at my childhood is just seeping out now lol. At least i had club penguin, seriously.

Last edited:
I desperately need the staff to give us yellow and purple balloon collectibles skdjfksd literally the balloons are one of my favourite collectible groups, and yellow and purple are my favourite colours, and those are the only two colours we don't have???

324.jpg
yellow-balloon.jpg
120.jpg
119.jpg
Purple-Balloon.jpg

63.jpg
64.jpg
65.jpg
66.jpg
68.jpg

STAFF YALL ARE SLEEPIN ON THIS FOR REAL LOOK HOW BEAUTIFUL IT IS!! 😭😭

also someone please help me find the correct date weegee feather so I can make this dream a reality I beg of you 😩🙇‍♂️

There was a time where I used to have friends, but they've all betrayed me or forgotton about me. I learned down the line that as you get older you start to forget about them and move on with your life. Its hard these days to find friends because you know deep down they would want something out of you.

Being on this other forum (another site) has me thinking. My god, I hope I don't turn too much into those kind of adults who romanticize the past like nothing (bad) never had happened...ever and then go out their way and start calling younger generations entitled and boasting about stuff.
When I myself is being a massive hypocrite. I'm already heading to my mid 30s this is so scary. 😨

Talking about stuff that you like in the past or grew up in the past with is one thing, but completely throwing down a whole another generation who never grew up with this stuff (or live though it) is another.

When a certain show, game, or movie isn’t made for your audience, it’s still okay to like it. If a boy wants to play with girl toys, or if a girl wants to play with boy toys, that’s fine. There’s one exception, however. Media that was made for adults (like South Park, Family Guy, or films with an R rating) should not be watched by kids or even younger teenagers, and it’s for a good reason. This kind of material may corrupt children. If kids aren’t allowed to watch Tom & Jerry for being too violent or having racial stereotypes, then they definitely shouldn’t be allowed to watch South Park.

PG-13 related material isn’t any better. While you are allowed to access this media at a younger age, it’s where graphic violence begins to kick in. So it’s technically an adult rating. Some parents wouldn’t let their kids watch or play this media.

Even media geared towards kids need to be watched after (especially those daytime Cartoon Network shows from the 2000’s). While they don’t have content or subject matter from adult shows, some of the other media aren’t safe for kids. And no, I’m not talking about Tom and Jerry or Looney Tunes. I’m talking about Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Chowder, Flapjack, Johnny Test, post-movie SpongeBob, and a handful of E10+ games. The problem? They teach the wrong morals, and they may make kids do bad stuff as they get older, which will result in them facing real consequences. For instance, Chowder stereotypes obese people and mental illnesses, while some of the humor may come off as sexist or homophobic in today’s age. If kids watch this show, they may resort to real bullying, such as fat shaming.

Media that was made for adults (like South Park, Family Guy, or films with an R rating) should not be watched by kids or even younger teenagers, and it’s for a good reason.
which is ironic because when I was a kid I thought family guy was hilarious, but now that I'm an adult the humour is a bit too low-brow for me.

... There’s one exception, however. Media that was made for adults (like South Park, Family Guy, or films with an R rating) should not be watched by kids or even younger teenagers, and it’s for a good reason. This kind of material may corrupt children. ...
*Flash backs to watching The Simpsons with my parents every time it aired in the 90s during my single digits ages.*

I don't know if The Simpsons still has that bad show label by parents and teachers anymore but it most certainly did in the 90s.
I remember the gasps and shocked faces of adults when I casually mentioned watching the show.

A little off topic, but your comment reminded me of those situations.

I am curious what the age group is that watches Family Guy today. As an adult, I don't see it as funny, but rather.... kinda dumb? no offense to those who like it. More power to ya. Enjoy.

*Flash backs to watching The Simpsons with my parents every time it aired in the 90s during my single digits ages.*

I don't know if The Simpsons still has that bad show label by parents and teachers anymore but it most certainly did in the 90s.
I remember the gasps and shocked faces of adults when I casually mentioned watching the show.

A little off topic, but your comment reminded me of those situations.

I am curious what the age group is that watches Family Guy today. As an adult, I don't see it as funny, but rather.... kinda dumb? no offense to those who like it. More power to ya. Enjoy.
Simpsons may be an adult show, but that’s more PG-13 tier. Same with Futurama, Bob’s Burgers, and King of the Hill. The R-tier ones like South Park, Family Guy, and Rick & Morty need to be kept away from kids.

Let’s not talk too much about Family Guy. South Park is better, even though it’s more offensive and inappropriate.

Our power just got back on like 5-10 minutes ago. It went out at around 1 last night. Was going freaking crazy the whole time!

So I’m almost finished with Wave 5 of MK8DBP. By far, my least favorite cup was the Moon Cup and its extremely disappointing Christmas-themed track. As for the other cups, my least favorite is the Bell Cup. I didn’t like how the sequence of the tracks went, along with how the last track was a end-to-end track instead of a looping track.

My favorite track of each wave:
  • Wave 1 - Coconut Mall (though Choco Mountain has a better soundtrack)
  • Wave 2 - Kalamari Desert (even though Waluigi Pinball is more beautiful)
  • Wave 3 - Maple Treeway (was once the third race from its original cup, but now its the fourth, while the fourth race became the third race in the Lightning Cup)
  • Wave 4 - Singapore Speedway (the only Tour track to receive this title)
  • Wave 5 - Moonview Highway (I don’t care how difficult it is)

I have this problem where I keep managing to emotionally trigger myself over Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.
My eyes sting and I feel like this should be in the what's bothering you thread, but it's actually not that big of deal. I'll be fine. It's just kinda weird this happens so easily.

Back