Place your random thoughts.

I still wish I had 10,000 TBT again. But there’s nothing I can do about it now. I have no collectibles to sell since the ones I own are the ones I refuse to sell.

But what would I really like right now? People on this forum to visit my dream island. It’s been updated as of last night, and I set up a thread asking for reviews. But nobody has done so yet.

So I’ve been reading about worst states to live in. Texas is now at the bottom of the list. My question to ask…what happened?
  • When it comes to poverty rate, Texas is one of the better states in the South.
  • When it comes to crime, Texas undoubtedly has a high crime rate, but by the standards of the South, it’s not as bad.
  • Their education is nowhere as bad as Mississippi’s and Louisiana’s.
  • Health is pretty bad, but Texas isn’t the worst state in healthcare.
  • For stuff like business, taxes, and tourism, Texas is far better than most of the nation.
The only thing I can agree on is the heat. Heat waves have gotten really bad here, but isn’t heat worse in other states now? Sure the north doesn’t go to 100°F, but it’s still gotten worse there.

So why is it the worst state now?

So I decided to go to memory lane out of boredom and looked at my introduction thread, let's just say that it surely aged like milk.

I have found that user, but he's hardly ever online anymore. His last time on here was 7 months ago. And about ACC, yeah, I don't like that site anymore, this place is far more forgiving to us users. Not to mention the events here have more activity and creativity going for than ACC does. They're still not in 2.0 yet where we're already in 3.0!

But that's enough shaming on a different Animal Crossing Forum site.

So I’ve been reading about worst states to live in. Texas is now at the bottom of the list.
I would argue that Florida is actually the worst state to live in. there's nothing worth living there for. I honestly would actively avoid even traveling there, much less living there.

I would argue that Florida is actually the worst state to live in. there's nothing worth living there for. I honestly would actively avoid even traveling there, much less living there.
Can’t forget about the constant Floridaman crimes committed there. Ok I’ll stop, but I had to say it lol.

So next year is a presidential election year. But next year, I’m not going to engage in political discussions. I won’t even get started. Let TBT be a peaceful site till the end of this site’s life.

I can say that they have a worse governor than Texas does. Normally, I vote based on loyalty, but I’m not going to even vote for this guy if he get the nomination.

Given what he did to Disney last year, I predicted that Pokémon will be banned across the United States if he becomes president. He could sign one anti-LGBTQ+ bill into law as president, and Pokémon might relocate their world tournament planned in the United States to another country. His response? He would ban the sale, purchase, and ownership of Pokémon products in the United States. He might even use the additional controversies (Pokémon TGC craze, toxicity towards Game Freak, GameFAQs and Reddit trolls) to justify the ban. But if he does this, everyone will know that he clearly retaliated to Pokémon’s world tournament relocation. And the government will lose all respect in the Pokémon fandom, both left-winged and right-winged fans, as they will trigger two blue waves, I mean two blue biblical floods.

Last edited:
Given what he did to Disney last year, I predicted that Pokémon will be banned across the United States if he becomes president. He could sign one anti-LGBTQ+ bill into law as president, and Pokémon might relocate their world tournament planned in the United States to another country. His response? He would ban the sale, purchase, and ownership of Pokémon products in the United States. He might even use the additional controversies (Pokémon TGC craze, toxicity towards Game Freak, GameFAQs and Reddit trolls) to justify the ban. But if he does this, everyone will know that he clearly retaliated to Pokémon’s world tournament relocation. And the government will lose all respect in the Pokémon fandom, both left-winged and right-winged fans, as they will trigger two blue waves, I mean two blue biblical floods.

Wait? What? Does that mean Pokemon products like plushies and cards and games won't come to the US anymore? I'm so confused. As someone who is stepping out of the Pokemon fandom, yet still likes their older games...what will happen? Will Pokemon games skyrocket in price? Will there be Pokemon products being smuggled like drugs? Will someone explain?

Wait? What? Does that mean Pokemon products like plushies and cards and games won't come to the US anymore? I'm so confused. As someone who is stepping out of the Pokemon fandom, yet still likes their older games...what will happen? Will Pokemon games skyrocket in price? Will there be Pokemon products being smuggled like drugs? Will someone explain?
First question, yes.

Second question, they won’t be able to send soldiers to your door to confiscate Pokémon products, per due process clause. But people like me won’t be able to bring their Pokémon plushies to restaurants anymore.

Third question, just because they’re illegal in America doesn’t mean they’re illegal everywhere. They may lose a major market, but they still have other countries to rely on. People could still order from other countries or visit other countries, especially Canada, to buy Pokémon products. Security officials wouldn’t look for these since they would find the law too retaliatory, but a ban on purchase and sale means they can’t ship Pokémon products to retailers in America. So there wouldn’t be a drastic increase in prices.

Fourth question, Pokémon is so popular that nobody would really take the law seriously, other than the fact that they won’t be able to acquire new products officially. But banning Pokémon would sure stop tournaments and online servers. So there might be smuggling, but it would be more through stuff like eBay than a black market.

The good news is that such ban won’t last long. We’ll miss a generation or two, but the Supreme Court will strike that ban down, and his cronies won’t vote to expand the court due to a possibility that their opponents would do the same. There’s a reason why McConnell wanted to keep the legislative filibuster while the Republicans had the Senate.

But seriously, don’t vote Desantis. There are worse things he could do as president other than banning Pokémon. This prediction was based on his feud with Disney and his “hit-em-while-they’re-down” mentality towards Bud Light.

Last edited:
I really like music from the New Super Mario Bros series, especially the first game. For some reason, I only just started listening to it again, but I remembered how good it was after I started.

In case if you want to know how strong my memory is, I can tell you how each year went, all the way back to 2000 (when I turned 7 years old).

I can remember which movies I saw in theaters that year. I also remember that 2000 was the first year that I played video games, which was the Nintendo 64. Several of you guys weren’t even alive back then.

^Meanwhile, I was about 12 lol.
So you were one of those big kids at that time, back when I was a little kid.

Although 2000 kinda looked like 2020 if you looked at the big picture, it was a much different world. First thing that comes to mind is the fast food industry. The logos were different, some chains were much more exclusive to their region (like Carls Jr could hardly be found outside California or its neighbors), there were more fast food mascots, kids meals with toys were common, and McDonald’s had their supersize menu.

Other things about 2000 include:
  • George W Bush was the most famous person, kinda like how Donald Trump was in 2016.
  • The PlayStation 2 was a brand new console while the Nintendo 64 was the mainstream Nintendo console.
  • Pokémon only had two generations of species.
  • Dial-up internet, no smartphones, no big social media sites like Facebook or Twitter.
  • VHS was still common. Nowadays, it’s a common joke that VHS is an ancient medium.

He's speaking hypothetically; Pokémon hasn't actually been banned in the United States of America (and I'm not convinced it ever will be, in my opinion)

Missed my half birthday apparently.

Screenshot_20230908-001843.png

I did want to mention this in the gender identity thread, but since it may be considered off-topic, I’ll post is here instead:

I was on the verge to bring up The Powerpuff Girls and how it was considered a girls show a long time ago. A guy (more particularly a kid) liking a girls show would be subject to mockery by other boys (primarily children). Nowadays, I wouldn’t even consider the Powerpuff Girls to be a true “girl show”. The kind of genre the show is was historically for boys. Because of the “girly” sugarcoating on the “boyish” barebones, the Powerpuff Girls would be another gender-neutral show, just like SpongeBob and Fairly OddParents (PPG’s Nickelodeon counterpart). If anything, Animal Crossing is more girly than The Powerpuff Girls.

So yes, it’s okay for boys to like Powerpuff Girls. And it’s safe for all ages to watch. What I also like about PPG is that although it doesn’t show how bad prison can really get in real life, it clearly shows that you do not want to go to jail, even to the least attentive of viewers.

Back