• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Place your random thoughts.

my sister was talking about this yesterday because her and her friends are going to put their favorite presidents on the wall in their dorm room (not so much patriotic as… weird). her favorite president is richard nixon because he’s interesting ig. :,]
Now if you ask about Trump, he’s very low on my list. In fact, all three presidents after Bush are in my bottom 10 (Trump almost made last place). In my opinion, the two worst things the president of the United States has done was inciting an attack on the Capitol (Trump) and letting 11 states secede (Buchanan). It doesn’t matter how many scandals a president engaged in (like the Lewinsky Scandal) or how many unethical decisions he made (like the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings). The ones who mishandle national crisises or allow chaos to happen in our country are going to be more unfavorable.

Another thing about our presidents. Some, like Andrew Jackson, are evil by today’s standards, but at the time of their elections, they weren’t. If a president was bad, it’s because he did a bad job. The only president that was evil by the standards of the time of his election was Trump.

I've burnt too much incense in my bedroom to finish my stick (there wasn't a lot left 😭) and now I'm suffocating on the smoke. Gotta open the bedroom door, but I don't want moths to get in.

I know people mentioned collectables last page, so I’ll toss my hat in there too… I’ve found an old collectable I would really like to save for but not sure how I feel about selling most of my stuff. I have some Halloweaster eggs to sell but they don’t seem to be in high demand, and while I have a Strawberry doll I’m never releasing that from my inventory because I got it right before me and my boyfriend’s first anniversary, it’s too sentimental. Most other stuff is even lower value or actually in my lineup. I really wished I had bought some collectables from last camp (fair, i forgor) but I honestly don’t know how much currency I even had from that and was really disoriented at the time and didn’t understand the future value or other stuff about collectables. I’m thinking I convert leftover area tokens to buy a wand and let it appreciate, but short of selling my strawberry doll the colllectable I have my eyes on would take a long time to get. Plus I was thinking of getting a spectral preserves at some point to round out my original intended halloween lineup. I never thought of it but if I didn’t mind dupes in lineup even another Gourdy could work. I was only 4 coins or something off affording the preserves during that event I think.

Some people are saying that Disneyland is going downhill. Honestly, I don’t think the Disney parks have gotten any better or any worse. If there’s anything that’s going wrong, it’s the rising ticket prices and excess crowds (the latter actually getting better). And if it is going downhill, you might want to blame age depreciation on the declining quality of rides. There’s a reason why Disney refurbishes their rides frequently (and for an extended period of time).

Oh, and some things aren’t really worth it. Would you spend $30 a person to eat at a restaurant with a limited menu of foods that are sub-par in comparison to McDonald’s, and the only special feature is to eat with costumed characters? Would you spend $6,000 on a hotel trip in a window-less room that isn’t as fancy as a suite room that costs $400 a night from a hotel with better service?

Last edited:
I have a pretty good grasp on how old media is but I still can’t mentally process that New Leaf is so old. This whole genre ends up being so formulaic how does that game still feel so fresh

I have a pretty good grasp on how old media is but I still can’t mentally process that New Leaf is so old. This whole genre ends up being so formulaic how does that game still feel so fresh
As you get older, time flies by faster. It’s crazy that all these 2010s events still feel recent, yet they are now 10 years ago.
  • In 2020, it was 10 years since iPhones grew in popularity. Phones from 10 years ago really were smartphones, not flip-phones or slide-phones. Also at the time, Adventure Time and Despicable Me are 10 years old.
  • In 2021, it was 10 years since Osama bin Laden got killed. It felt like 5 years ago back then. Also at the time, the 3DS was 10 years old.
  • In 2022, it was 10 years since the Mayan Doomsday date happened, showing how a widely anticipated event from the late 2000’s has lost all relevance in today’s world. Also at the time, The Avengers film series was 10 years old.
  • This year, it was 10 years since ACNL came out, the game that forever changed Animal Crossing. Also this year, Frozen will turn 10 years old.
Wanna look back in the 2000’s if you’re as old as I am? That’s now 20 years ago. 20 years since the War in Iraq, 20 years since Finding Nemo came out, 20 years when the Hoenn generation began.

As you get older, time flies by faster.
I think I said this in the unpopular opinion thread but I actually agree with that sentiment. The older I get the more aware I am of time due to responsibilities so everything feels so slow as I see the time wasted. I’m not really surprised by any of those dates looking back, it’s just with NL specifically there‘s something different about how the time passed. Maybe all the hopes and ideas for what I had for it to be prerelease havent fully died since theres so much to do and i never “finished” a town

I think I said this in the unpopular opinion thread but I actually agree with that sentiment. The older I get the more aware I am of time due to responsibilities so everything feels so slow as I see the time wasted. I’m not really surprised by any of those dates looking back, it’s just with NL specifically there‘s something different about how the time passed. Maybe all the hopes and ideas for what I had for it to be prerelease havent fully died since theres so much to do and i never “finished” a town
If you also want to know what else is crazy? ACNH and its features kinda made ACNL look dated and hard to play. ACNL did the exact same thing to ACWW.

3442578F-ED4F-401B-A2B1-14C0588BC211.jpeg
1264D595-9D66-4DF0-B019-2B1BA2B86200.jpeg

coincidence? i think not.

I took a look at other Animal Crossing fansites. Here’s what I noticed:

- Nookazon - significant enough to get its own Wikipedia page. Even though it’s newer than most of our memberships on this forum.
- Animal Crossing Community - almost dead. A couple of forums have 2022-old or 2021-old threads on the front page.
- Sapling Forums - dead.
- Bellbag Forums - doesn’t even exist anymore.

It’s a good thing I chose this forum as my first Animal Crossing forum. It will be my last one too.

Since CJ probably had a channel, what if Chip had his own part of the channel or he had his own channel? Like, he’d make videos like “coelacanth ASMR”, or “eating a random donator’s sea bass”, or “how to properly grill a rainbow trout”.

Ngl. To me this album art is just kinda funny. JT tries so hard to look intense sometimes and I love the cheese but man it does NOT work on this one. He still hadn’t grown out of the NSYNC energy making it worse. Also, for some reason in this era there was a trend of these desert backgrounds, there were some in music videos too, the CGI on those doesn’t age well, but omg it adds to the silliness

07FE4C86-1646-476E-AF99-CBA5832A8CD4.jpeg

Like the 20/20 album cover is also really silly but it’s in a more fun almost cool way, and it suits the name. This one is just silly. It’s so funny to me how FSLS has such an iconic cover and it’s actually good between these absolute goofball album covers

edit: idk how i didnt realise this but he just looks like you stopped him and caught him doing nothing on camera impromptu oh my god the more i look the funnier it gets

edit2: i also dk why i forgot since i was posting this but honestly some pics of jt are just funny in general. theres a lot more innocuous ones but this is definitely my favorite to the point i used it for an emote

C4BA4B87-D045-4B42-850E-A4860A24D8D3.jpeg

also i miswrote disagree as agree on a post on this page, oh no

Last edited:
Here’s a math problem:

The first number is 320. If you subtract Eevee’s National Pokédex number from 320, who’s National Pokédex number is the answer?

Back