• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia TBT Newbie Mini Mafia II: On The Run (Game Over/Town Win)

I don't want to "defend" bandwagoning, but since this a 1.) newbie game, it makes sense that we're all just sort of sheep at first, once we find our OWN flow/style of playing, we can branch off, this isn't based on experienced players, it seems way too harsh to criticize this tactic so early in the game, EVEN if it doesn't contribute much. Also 2.) If we genuinely don't have much to go off of, and we had all pretty much agreed to eliminate the most inactive player, it would seem sus of any of us to NOT vote Chibi. Hoshi.
Why would anyone want to draw attention to themselves that way?

I understand criticisms of bandwagoning, but not why you had to go out of your way to attack those that did.

I don't want to "defend" bandwagoning, but since this a 1.) newbie game, it makes sense that we're all just sort of sheep at first, once we find our OWN flow/style of playing, we can branch off, this isn't based on experienced players, it seems way too harsh to criticize this tactic so early in the game, EVEN if it doesn't contribute much. Also 2.) If we genuinely don't have much to go off of, and we had all pretty much agreed to eliminate the most inactive player, it would seem sus of any of us to NOT vote Chibi. Hoshi.
Why would anyone want to draw attention to themselves that way?

I understand criticisms of bandwagoning, but not why you had to go out of your way to attack those that did.

Wow ok... I guess I should be everyone's biggest suspicion because I didn't vote for the townie! Good job.

Wow ok... I guess I should be everyone's biggest suspicion because I didn't vote for the townie! Good job.

OK wow, you clearly didn't take much from that. Of course it seems sus that you did that, was it a good tactic though? Yes, it was a good idea to "divide" us into groups, and to get the game moving.
Would it be wrong to investigate you? Yes probably, because of your very thorough explanation of why you voted Pom, which was based on your tactic above.
However, for the rest of us, voting randomly would of drawn more suspicion to a pointless guess.

Last edited:
i voted to lynch the most inactive player because i figured it made more sense than lynching an active, potential townie that is contributing regularly to the game. as it turns out, chibi.hoshi wasn't inactive, but i had reason to believe that she was because she was online shortly after a discussion began about lynching her, and she still didn't post. i had no valid suspicions about anybody else, so i chose to lynch the person i believed to be inactive. you can call it bandwagoning if you want, but i think that would be more appropriate if it hadn't already been suggested in the thread that we lynch the most inactive player.
as in-a-pickle said, it's really early on in the game and we are mostly new players, so bandwagoning was almost inevitable.

Sort of opening my eyes now. This is newbie mafia, don't mafia members tend to sit back and let us kill each other? I bet all of us (currently speaking) are town aligned. I mean really is a new mafia member going to put themselves out there as a possible lynch candidate?

It shouldn't be surprising with all the bandwagoning on Day 1. Lynching an inactive was the easiest choice, I do wish she posted something before the time ran out vs. stating the time differences/etc - so we could have changed our votes.

But I think blues should investigate Arieous and/or Moron, they were pushing hard for Murray. I wouldn't be surprised if one of them was mafia. (I don't think 2 mafia players would be pushing for the same person already)

I am pretty suspicious of Crazy-Gamer and Callaway as of now ....
Crazy-Gamer - I don't know if this is how their play style is or if they're really just clueless about everything. They're always just popping in asking for an update or for what's going on and end up just bandwagoning to whatever else someone said. (do you not keep up with the thread??? If you don't want to read the discussion, why join the game?) They don't defend themselves/explain when being asked for an opinion. I notice they're like this in the other mafia game and they haven't been confirmed town or mafia. (or at least I don't think so?????)

Callaway - They didn't explain their vote for Moron, if they did - it might have helped save an inactive townie. Why wouldn't you explain your vote when others are obviously voting for someone else????? They're also actively posting in other parts of tbt, so it's not like they don't have time to look in this mafia game.

Anyways, all we can do is wait for night to be over.

Its day 1. Of course people are going to bandwagon. Its the first game for most of them, so they don't know what to do, especially if everything has been covered already/or there is no evidence.

Also, RIPing is a kind thing to do. If you think otherwise, you have little heart left.

Yeah, even if you help lynch someone off, it is only respectable to RIP. At least to me that seems pretty normal.

Callaway - They didn't explain their vote for Moron, if they did - it might have helped save an inactive townie. Why wouldn't you explain your vote when others are obviously voting for someone else????? They're also actively posting in other parts of tbt, so it's not like they don't have time to look in this mafia game.

I wasn't aware I had to explain my votes, but I'll happily do so.

The reason I voted for Moron over Chibi.Hoshi was simply because I felt bad voting for a fellow New Zealander first go around. I know that's dumb, but this is my first time playing Mafia and I knew it was her's too. I knew she was asleep and didn't have the means to defend herself like moron did. I just held more of a hinky feel for Moron and was feeling a bit of pitty for Chibi.Hoshi. Also I think there might have been a slight since of camaraderie steamed from outside the game because finding a fellow Kiwi online is like finding the needle in the haystack of americans. This is my first time, and it was my first vote and I really didn't want to stab a fellow Kiwi in the back so I decided not to jump the bandwagon and vote for who I felt might be a bit more sus than her being inactive.

Stupid reasons, I guess, but that's why I made them.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Plus, I just learnt you can vote no lynch. I had no idea until just now. O:

I wasn't aware I had to explain my votes, but I'll happily do so.

The reason I voted for Moron over Chibi.Hoshi was simply because I felt bad voting for a fellow New Zealander first go around. I know that's dumb, but this is my first time playing Mafia and I knew it was her's too. I knew she was asleep and didn't have the means to defend herself like moron did. I just held more of a hinky feel for Moron and was feeling a bit of pitty for Chibi.Hoshi. Also I think there might have been a slight since of camaraderie steamed from outside the game because finding a fellow Kiwi online is like finding the needle in the haystack of americans. This is my first time, and it was my first vote and I really didn't want to stab a fellow Kiwi in the back so I decided not to jump the bandwagon and vote for who I felt might be a bit more sus than her being inactive.

Stupid reasons, I guess, but that's why I made them.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Plus, I just learnt you can vote no lynch. I had no idea until just now. O:

wait she was from NZ?
well..crap if i knew that i wound of not lynched her...
I HATE 1ST DAY LYNCHS!

Day 2​

The stolen police car speeds through midnight traffic. Ataru?s eyes are fixated on the rearview mirror, watching the flashing blue lights in the distance. Beside him, Shun has his fingers clenched tight around the sides of the driver?s seat.

?Take a left here,? he instructs.

?I know what I?m doing,? Ryunosuke says.

Ataru doesn?t know Kyushu. He remains silent, unable to breathe even when they seem to lose sight of the cops. Ryunosuke takes the car off the road, driving into a wooded area before crawling to a halt.

?Let?s go,? Ryunosuke says, ?it?ll be too obvious if we keep driving this.?

As they exit they hear a gasp. Ataru fears the worst. His eyes come to rest on a man, who appears rooted to the spot in front of a tree. His dog barks at the sight of the criminals.

?Kuya, shut that dog up,? Ryunosuke says.

?Umm, hey there little guy.? Kuya attempts to pet the dog, but it only attempts to bite at his fingers.

The owner breaks into a run.

?Get him!?

Ataru had felt numb since they?d left the shop. But when the man passes him he reaches out, grabbing him by the arm and spinning him around. He pins him against a tree.

A brief glimmer of moonlight is reflected in the blade of Shun?s knife. Then before Ataru even realises what is happening he feels liquid oozing down over his fingertips.

?You didn?t just??

Ataru?s cut off by a yelp. He looks behind him. ?What?s wrong??

?The dog bit me!? Kuya says.

Ryunosuke rolls his eyes. ?Come on, let?s go.?

?But what about him?? Ataru nods to the man who has now fallen unconscious.

?Leave him be.?

Ataru steps back, watching as the poor citizen falls to the floor. He looks at his blood-stained hands. Even in the dark he can make out it?s vivid green hue. The metallic stench makes his stomach swirl.

Then sirens sound again. The four flee the scene, never looking back.

Murray the Citizen was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

You have until the end of Day 2 to vote a candidate for the lynch.

Day 2 will end 11pm BST (6pm EST) on Thursday 3rd July.

A replacement is needed for this game. Please PM myself or oath2order if you are willing to play.

RIP Murray. D:

I'm probably read through this thread later to see if anyone seems scummy/stands out. I don't wanna forget to lynch again.

I suggest we lynch Aerious/Moron. Those two were pushing the most for Murray's lynch yesterday.

Back