What game do you refuse to play?

Call of Duty, League of Legends.

Why should I play Call of Duty when I have Unreal Tournament and Quake Arena instead *-*.

Cowadoody was okay back when it was still doing WWII. Sure, it's not Red Faction or Killing Floor or anything, but have fond memories of playing 3.

Why would you want to get those hours back? Even if you die at the end, you've still achieved something.

Achieved what? My question is what's the difference between dying early in the game and dying at the end of the game? What is achieved there? Reading all the Slenderman notes only to die afterwards doesn't feel like an achievement, it just feels like a disappointment. I just can't enjoy a game if the only reward for victory is an unavoidable death that you spent the entire game avoiding.

Achieved what? My question is what's the difference between dying early in the game and dying at the end of the game? What is achieved there? Reading all the Slenderman notes only to die afterwards doesn't feel like an achievement, it just feels like a disappointment. I just can't enjoy a game if the only reward for victory is an unavoidable death that you spent the entire game avoiding.

cough Shadow of the Colossus
Except, you know, it's not a terrible freeware game based on an already stupid internet phenomenon.

Completing the game is an achievement, is it not?

Last edited:
cough Shadow of the Colossus
Except, you know, it's not a terrible freeware game based on an already stupid internet phenomenon.

Was Shadow of the Colossus a horror game? I was talking about horror games that make surviving the main goal and then kill you anyway. Besides Wander sort of reincarnated or regresses as some kind of demon baby right? I'm not very good at figuring out what weird endings mean but I thought that was what happened rather than just outright dying.

I mainly chose Slender as an example because it suits my description of horror games where the main goal is to survive long enough to die at the end. Telling me that game I don't enjoy is terrible is a bit redundant. No offence to people who do like it, it's just an example of a type of game I personally don't enjoy.

That's what this forum topic is, talking about what type of games you personally wouldn't play, everyone has different tastes, entertainment is subjective. No need to convince me my opinion is stupid or that I have bad taste, random strangers assure me my taste in everything is bad every time I look at a youtube comments section, but that won't stop me from enjoying the things I enjoy and won't stop me from choosing not to play games that I don't enjoy.

Completing the game is an achievement, is it not?

I don't know, maybe it depends on the game. I don't see completing the game as an achievement if victory means death when the entire point of the game implies that survival is your goal. Besides if completing a game is all it took for me to enjoy it then I wouldn't enjoy open-ended games like animal crossing. Ah well, agree to disagree.

I don't know, maybe it depends on the game. I don't see completing the game as an achievement if victory means death when the entire point of the game implies that survival is your goal. Besides if completing a game is all it took for me to enjoy it then I wouldn't enjoy open-ended games like animal crossing. Ah well, agree to disagree.

I care more for the experience than the outcome, personally. But, if that's not your thing, it's not your thing.

Why is everyone so against League! :eek: it's so much fun!

No.

I also refuse to play any horror games, there's just no reason to scare yourself to the point of wetting yourself. Except Luigi's Mansion. That game tickles my ghosty, if you know what I mean.

Was Shadow of the Colossus a horror game? I was talking about horror games that make surviving the main goal and then kill you anyway. Besides Wander sort of reincarnated or regresses as some kind of demon baby right? I'm not very good at figuring out what weird endings mean but I thought that was what happened rather than just outright dying.

I mainly chose Slender as an example because it suits my description of horror games where the main goal is to survive long enough to die at the end. Telling me that game I don't enjoy is terrible is a bit redundant. No offence to people who do like it, it's just an example of a type of game I personally don't enjoy.

That's what this forum topic is, talking about what type of games you personally wouldn't play, everyone has different tastes, entertainment is subjective. No need to convince me my opinion is stupid or that I have bad taste, random strangers assure me my taste in everything is bad every time I look at a youtube comments section, but that won't stop me from enjoying the things I enjoy and won't stop me from choosing not to play games that I don't enjoy.

You seem rather cross for someone saying a game you don't like is bad. And I was merely drawing the connection to Shadow of the Colossus because you die at the end. But why don't I relate it to a horror game, so you can feel good about a game fitting your criteria? The "In water" ending to Silent Hill 2 kills you off at the end. Go on, play SH2, get that ending, and come back to complain again.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Why is everyone so against League! :eek: it's so much fun!
No.

I also refuse to play any horror games, there's just no reason to scare yourself to the point of wetting yourself. Except Luigi's Mansion. That game tickles my ghosty, if you know what I mean.

League too scary for you, eh?

You seem rather cross for someone saying a game you don't like is bad. And I was merely drawing the connection to Shadow of the Colossus because you die at the end. But why don't I relate it to a horror game, so you can feel good about a game fitting your criteria? The "In water" ending to Silent Hill 2 kills you off at the end. Go on, play SH2, get that ending, and come back to complain again.

- - - Post Merge - - -

League too scary for you, eh?

I didn't mean to seem cross? You are the one who used 'terrible' and 'stupid' to describe Slender, I was just quoting you on it when I was reiterating why it wasn't to my taste. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you or your taste in games I was just explaining what games I refuse to play and why because that is the topic of this forum. You said earlier you don't like Minecraft but I personally enjoy it, to each their own.

Silent Hill 2 is fine, it has more than one ending though so it's possible to not die. Games where death is an inevitable conclusion that renders all previous efforts pointless and futile just depress me.

Last edited:
All of those Persona 3/4 related games that aren't P3/P4/P3P. I don't even want to play P3/4 anymore because I'm just so sick of them.

Granted, I was done with P4 after playing it almost daily for a nearly five month period.

any MMORPGs.
i just can't tbh

This.

I just could never see the appeal to any of them.
The gameplay is too slow-paced.
The stories aren't engaging.

I mean, I could try to like MMORPGs because all my friends like them, but in the end I just feel like I'm wasting my time doing something I don't enjoy.

Cowadoody was okay back when it was still doing WWII. Sure, it's not Red Faction or Killing Floor or anything, but have fond memories of playing 3.
When I was younger I use to see my brother playing the first Call of Duty demo, it was okay to watch, but never played it or had any curiosity.

Candy Crush, no way I'm going to play Candy Crush when I can play Bejeweled. It's not like Candy crush is some type of new game, they've just made it more actrattive for girls.

Back