image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Players remaining: 20/20

Mafia KP = 2 (# of mafia/2, rounded up)

Introduction:

The sun rose in Arandelle. Forgetting their promise, the Queen opened her windows and looked out. It seemed like the first time in forever. She was shocked at what she saw. Criminals of every sort were roaming around. There was no law, no order, and she could do nothing to prevent it.
Being the selfish person she was, she left her scandalous kingdom to her daughter, Elsa. Elsa was special needs, but not normal special needs. She was special special needs. She had ice powers, and she could not conceal, only feel. Elsa's sister was not your average child either. If talking to inanimate objects (such as paintings) or riding bikes inside is normal, then maybe she was not so weird.
In all of the sadness of her parents dying, Elsa started running as far as possible from the kingdom. She had to let it go. She used her powers because she couldn't hold it back anymore. Now feared throughout the kingdom, she created a team to overthrow the weak thrown.

Be warned - Mafia requires a time commitment. This generally depends on the player, but at minimum 30 minutes a day of solid effort is required. As part of the time commitment, Mafia requires a great deal of reading. Most people are actually quite poor at reading comprehension and playing Mafia is a great way to improve your reading ability, as well as your writing and ability to think and argue logically. In addition, Mafia is not for the faint-hearted or overly emotional. While not occurring every game, sometimes people can get into very heated arguments with one another. People can get very emotional playing Mafia, as it is a high-intensity endeavor. That being said, playing Mafia is an excellent way to develop thick skin, improve your patience, and make yourself a stronger person mentally.

How to Play Mafia for New Players:
Welcome to TBT Mafia. Mafia is a game of the informed minority versus the uninformed majority. To elaborate, the game is divided into two teams: the Town and the Mafia. Mafia know who each other are, and can coordinate their actions privately. Town on the other hand don't know anything other than their own role. To compensate, there are many more Townies than Mafia.

At the beginning of the game, you are PM'd your role. The game is divided into repeating phases of Day and Night. Day will generally last 48 hours and revolve around voting for a player to be lynched. Each player (including Mafia) get one vote, and players must figure out who the Mafia are, and convince others that they are correct. At the end of the day, the person with the most votes is lynched, and their alignment and role are revealed.

Night is typically 24 hours long and is reserved for Mafia night kills and players with special abilities. Usually, players discuss the results of the lynch at night, and make plans for the next day. When night ends, everyone will be informed of who died during the night. The new day will begin, and discussions for the lynch begin anew.

Mafia is a game of logic, intuition, persuasiveness, reading ability, emotion, and will. In short, its a thinking man's game. There are many different ways to approach the game and every game is a very different experience. In addition, Mafia is not for the faint-hearted or overly emotional. While not occurring every game, sometimes people can get into very heated arguments with one another. People can get very emotional playing Mafia, as it is a high-intensity endeavour. That being said, playing Mafia is an excellent to develop thick skin, improve your patience, and make yourself a stronger person mentally.

Roles:
This is a closed set up, but the role PM will be revealed upon death.

Death Notes:*
This is a new feature for this game. The killer may leave a note on the victim. It will be read by the host. They can be anonymous, and say anything. Even if it's off topic. If you wish to use a death note, in the pm where you kill the player, also*
"Put quote in speech marks". Thanks to Sataric for introducing this to me (indirectly).

Wills are not used this game.

General Mafia Rules:​
Cheating:
Cheating includes (but is not limited to):
Posting after death. You may have one polite goodbye post, but it may not contain any potentially game-changing information.
Ruining the game by doing something like handing out your mafia's member list to the town.
Logging on to someone else's account to get their role or looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
Posting screenshots of your inbox.
Posting or sharing any PM you receive from a host.*
Getting yourself mod killed to help your team. Your non-majority-decided death may not be used as a bargaining chip.
Signing up more than once using smurf accounts.
Offering favors/items/bells outside of the game for a ingame information.
Sharing accounts with other players.
Posting a false role PM phrased/screenshotted as if you received it from the host.*
!!! ANYONE CAUGHT SHARING SCREENSHOTS FROM OBSERVER, PM, SCUM CHAT, ANYTHING WILL BE BANNED!!!
Cheating is not tolerated here as it ruins the game for everyone. I can and will take action.

Time Cycle and Phases
:

The game will generally follow a 24 hour day and 24 hour night cycle. If I am not online and available to post when a phase is set to end, the game will be paused until I can post. No vote changes or actions will be accepted during this period.
Day:
During Day, the survivors must vote to lynch another player from the game. Day ends on the deadline.
Night will follow after the lynch post has been published by me.
Night:
During Night, you can send in night actions. Night always ends after 24 hours, regardless of when all actions are submitted. This to prevent meta speculation over when actions were sent in.

Activity:
If you miss two votes in a row, you will be modkilled.

Play to Win:​
You should try your best to help your team win while you are alive and in the game. However, this does not mean that you should try to win by being a jerk to the other players so they all want to quit playing. There is a fine line. If I feel as if you are not acting responsibly, I will PM you and ask you to keep your behavior in line.*
This also means that you cannot leave the game without a good reason. These situations will be dealt with on a case by case basis. PM me if you need to leave the game.

Wisdom of the Crowds:
When you sign up, you may PM me with the name of one player you do not want to play with. If I get enough PMs about the same person, they will be excluded from the game, subject to my personal review. This will be done with the utmost confidence. If I feel this is abused, I may opt to not remove the player, it is up to my disgression.

Editing:​
Editing is not allowed for any reason. Editing will result in a warning. After that, you may be mod killed, depending on what the edit was. While I ask for everybody to post as concisely as possible, post again if you have to edit anything.

Inappropriate Posts:​
Mafia games can get heated, emotional, and salty. Please keep it civil and remember that what happens in Mafia should stay in Mafia. Don't let things wash over to the rest of the forum, it's just a game. DO NOT let the Salt flow through you, contrary to popular belief.

Replacements:​
This game uses replacements. Replacements will be made in the game until Day 3. If a player is mod killed during the designated time, then they will be replaced by a player on the replacement list.*

Mod Font:
This is the mod color. It is reserved for the host. Please do not use it.
Question Font:
This is the question color. Use it to ask the host questions about the rules in public. You can also PM me. If I feel the question is worth sharing, I'll share with an anonymous name.

General Mafia Voting Rules:
This game will use Plurality Lynch. Day will NOT end early. You may change your vote as much as needed during the 24 hours of day.
If the deadline is reached without a majority, nobody will be lynched. This is considered a Deadline No Lynch. Voting is required or you may risk mod kill, please see the Activity section under the General Mafia Rules. You may choose not to lynch, but you must make this clear (##VOTE: No Lynch).
Voting is done in a separate thread, located here. You may announce and discuss your votes in this main thread, but only votes in the Voting thread will be counted. Do not PM me your vote.
Please vote in the following format: ##VOTE: Username. Votes not done in the correct fashion may not be counted. I will update vote counts whenever I get the chance.
If you want to change your vote, first type ##UNVOTE followed by your new vote ##VOTE: Username. You can change your vote at any time and as much as you like (within reason) up until the end of day.
No conditional voting.
You may vote for yourself. You may not vote for anyone dead or outside the game.
Voting is required on a regular basis or you may risk mod kill. Please see the Activity section under the General Mafia Rules.

If you would like access to the Observers Chat, please post. Before you do though, I ask that you possibly consider joining the replacements list instead. If you join the Observer Chat, you obviously cannot become a replacement later in the game if needed. You CANNOT share the chat with living players, or any information from it.

If you have not read all of the rules, go back and do so. Mafia host cannot compensate for player ignorance!

The flavour text is supposed to make a story. Start from the Introduction and read all of the day and night posts.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
Obs please.

Just a suggestion, you might want to stick with the default question colour (green) rather than making it blue. People are used to seeing that as the mod colour, and might get confused.

Last edited:
Obs please.

Just a suggestion, you might want to stick with the default question colour (green) rather than making it blue. People are used to seeing that as the mod colour, and might get confused.

Thanks Tina! I completely mixed around the colours!

Last edited:
Back