Any ideas for the next Animal Crossing?

I agree with the ski resort, skin tones, map customization, villager house placement, optional for random maps, extra storage space, more dialogue, accessories for villagers and jewelery, bigger villager homes, ability to change name/town name, and house placement without demolishing it. The first person view as optional would be great too. I'd also like to have adding paths with the touch screen with a grid pad or something. Adding each path one by one is so aggravating and time consuming. Same with pwps having to run around and chat for a preview each time. Rocks and lakes as pwps would be great too. Extra path slots too. I've never made a new character because I don't like having an unused house just to make my paths nicer. So many great ideas everyone has!

Make it easier to track who's moving. Maybe post it on the bulletin board at the train station saying so-and-so is planning on moving on the 17th or whatever. Then you know it's coming and can go with it or ask them so stay.

Their needs to be more to keep people playing for longer, after a while NL gets a little boring on non event days.
I hope the next game adds more interactive pwps that add things such as mini games, so one could be a tennis court with a tennis mini-game for example.

Also, bigger towns with more villagers and more players in one town, so like 8 player save files in one town, and people on your Nintendo network friends list can have a save file too.

one cool thing could that as you play, your character has their own personality based on player actions, kinda like the rumour thing in nl, so if you just doss about all day and never really make much progress, you become a lazy villager, your dialogue choices when talking to villagers will reflect that and you will get along with other lazy villagers more, and not so much jock villagers.

When someone else is playing on the same save file with a different playable character, the other playable characters will be walking around the town as if they are villagers and will have the personalities that reflect their play style.
It'll just make the game feel a little more alive.

Also a character creator in the beginning of the game, that way players can make their characters look more like them from the start, being able to change your hair colour and skin colour in the begging of the game as well as facial features, hight, weight and all that stuff.

Also I'm sure some people would love an option to play as an animal, it'd be fun to play around with the character creation tool making really cool animal characters and stuff.

Also, spot pass visitors, so villagers from your New Leaf town may pop round to your town (assuming the game is on the Wii U, most probably is)

Also more special events, more colourful and animated graphics style, being able to buy path tiles from nooks, being able to do landscaping (edit the terrain) grass that slowly grows over time and if it isn't cut will get really long and just look cool.

I have tons of ideas lol, not sure that many of them would fit in with the AC series, but I really hope Nintendo does something like the personality system for playable characters.

I think it would be cool if we could design and/or have QR codes for pants, skirts, and shoes (though shoes may be difficult to see). Also, creating new villagers as well as bringing back villagers from past games, like in Dōbutsu no Mori, would be cool. Or even a new type of animal. And having some type of fertilizer to grow back grass would be helpful.

Wish the towns could be bigger, more villagers, removal of rocks would be nice!! Personalizing how you want your town to be set up would be awesome too.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh! I really wish there would be more slots for designs and stuff too!

Just a little more content would be great. After a while there's no more bugs or fish or fossils to catch. And hoarding all the items gets a little boring, too.

I hope theres new species and new villager personalities. and I hope the villager personalities are more unique, like a cranky villager ACTUALLY acts like a cranky villager or a snooty villager actually acts snooty. The villager personalities aren't that different from each other on NL so i have they make them more different to each other in the new one. if that makes sense? I also hope its bigger.

and plz plz plz dont be on the wii u

- - - Post Merge - - -

also it would be cool to be able to have more then one town on the same copy

- - - Post Merge - - -

and more face types!! and more pwp's.

tumblr_inline_mfnhmeW1vA1qdlkyg.gifI think it would be great if there was an option to play as a villager and not a human.tumblr_inline_mfnhnlhr4A1qdlkyg.gif

id like the ability to make a villager permanent. they move to fast and im tired of it. i bought a new game because i lost my static and kyle because i didn't play for very long each day and didn't hear them say there moving. I have college and a life out side the game. i love ac but yes the house placement sucks, we should decide where there placed, we should have more town projects and be aloud to have more placed in the town. most of all i love the wolves there my favorite animals in real life and spent a lot of money to get them just for them to ask to leave like every other week. i believe we should have a way to make them permanent...like get a perfect friendship score? once that's done they'll ask to become a permanent. you say yes or no. If you don't want them anymore at some point there should be a way to make them leave like.....hitting them with the hammer so much. ^-^ and i know this might not be a big deal to people but i dont like the stars. the fossils or whatever can be found by digging up a star. i do but don't... there in the way to me and if i fill my town full of flowers but want grass paths to run/walk through. theres usually a star and it gets annoying. i don't like a lot of the grass qr codes they don't look right.

So my idea for the stars is a new character/or a couple new characters.

1) a t-Rex archaeologist ^-^ or Rex the archaeologist. He will be found at a dig site or in a cave and every day there's so many stars you can dig up.

2) i would like an aquarium run by a killer whale. lol

3) before anyone gets mad the owl would be the head boss that runs the museum. you would only go to his office when you have completed a collection. Paintings,bugs,fossils ext. and there should be a prize for getting every collection.

4) bring back the pink owls job and the star stuff i thought it was cool. maybe add some kind of star game?

5)I want bats,giraffe,porcupine, and snake villagers...not sure why but i like bats.

6) (iv lost train of thought lol) make the bug off easyer and the weeding day prizes easy to get. There arnt a lot of people who openly play animal crossing. so other then this site im not able to trade anyone because none of my friends like AC.

Wow, everyone has such great ideas! I always think to myself, 'Oh, there's nothing left they could possibly do with AC.' But I'm apparently just not very creative, lol.

nope its not the sims because its so much better i do understand that tennis and skiing is a bit much but i have to add something. when the game was coming out and they talked about club lol and how you can dance. They made it sound like you could have a dance off with the friends that visited your town. but you cant so why not add it? it would be like dance revolution or something. kk will play his jams and up to 4 people can play. you see your character and a bunch of arrows scroll up the screen and you have to press them at the right time. Winner gets there picture on the screen and maybe a trophy if you beat enough people?

Omg what if what ever villagers are in the club at the time can dance against you lol.

Last edited:
-There should be "Game Week". In gamecube they had sports week (i think) but this isn't completely sporty. Games such as musical chairs or something that can also be played during wifi.

-I was reading something on another forum online and they were talking about the length of the day and the seasons and sunset/sunrises, and they were talking about making the days longer or shorter depending on the time of the year. It doesn't have to be a HUGE differnece like in summer the sun sets at around 9:00pm and rises at 5:30am and in the Winter the sun sets at 4:00pm and rises at 8:00am, but maybe like an hour difference.

-Maybe an arcade in Main Street... or restraunt? I think maybe Main Street should expand just a little more since when you play acnl for a while it seems really small.

-When making a town tune you have more options. It'll show you a piece of sheet music and you can add things like flats and sharps and a time signature, etc. And you can find tunes on the internet and put it as your town tune (like qr codes but with the town tune)

-Lunar eclipse, solar eclipse, comets, and being able to see satellties (yes irl you can see satellites during the night sky.) We have meteor showers, and aurora borealis, why not add these? And you can use the telescope in your house and have a journal to record things. Also bring back the observatory. I like the museum shop but I also like the observatory.

-Bring back red turnips. You can make a turnip farm and villagers can buy them from you.

-The main screen has more options. There is a "Game settings" and has things such as "Grass Wear: ON/OFF Random House Placement: ON/OFF" etc. And and "unlock/upgrade" option so you can upgrade or unlock things like village conversations etc.

-Power goes out during servere weather. Also have earthquakes (not servere like 9.5 but small like 4.0)

-Villagers visiting your museum exhibits (in the museum shop)

-Since there's an option to type in various Europian/Spanish countries (ex: russian or spanish or latin) we should have the option to type in various Asian (specifically east asian since you find a lot of Japanese and Korean players in the international island) languages.

-Things look more realistic. Trees and buildings bigger, etc. I feel so giant... also all trees are different sizes. I hate how all trees are exactly the same size. Cedar trees should especially be tall.

-Erosion, through out the year the beach gets bigger and smaller.

Ok enough editing even though I still have a lot more ideas.

Last edited:
I just want an easier path layout option. I think a tap and drag feature on the touch screen would be so much more ideal.

More dialogue and vacations.Maybe give Porter 100 k to travel to a vacation resort for a day.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh yeah and natural disasters.Like a tsunami,when it hits you can find more sea shells on the beach,and you get a notification about it.An earth quake,the villagers can talk about it in their dialogue,maybe a tornado where random trash appears in the town,etc.

Their needs to be more to keep people playing for longer, after a while NL gets a little boring on non event days.
I hope the next game adds more interactive pwps that add things such as mini games, so one could be a tennis court with a tennis mini-game for example.

Also, bigger towns with more villagers and more players in one town, so like 8 player save files in one town, and people on your Nintendo network friends list can have a save file too.

one cool thing could that as you play, your character has their own personality based on player actions, kinda like the rumour thing in nl, so if you just doss about all day and never really make much progress, you become a lazy villager, your dialogue choices when talking to villagers will reflect that and you will get along with other lazy villagers more, and not so much jock villagers.

When someone else is playing on the same save file with a different playable character, the other playable characters will be walking around the town as if they are villagers and will have the personalities that reflect their play style.
It'll just make the game feel a little more alive.

Also a character creator in the beginning of the game, that way players can make their characters look more like them from the start, being able to change your hair colour and skin colour in the begging of the game as well as facial features, hight, weight and all that stuff.

Also I'm sure some people would love an option to play as an animal, it'd be fun to play around with the character creation tool making really cool animal characters and stuff.

Also, spot pass visitors, so villagers from your New Leaf town may pop round to your town (assuming the game is on the Wii U, most probably is)

Also more special events, more colourful and animated graphics style, being able to buy path tiles from nooks, being able to do landscaping (edit the terrain) grass that slowly grows over time and if it isn't cut will get really long and just look cool.

I have tons of ideas lol, not sure that many of them would fit in with the AC series, but I really hope Nintendo does something like the personality system for playable characters.

your ideas are so good! Nintendo should hire you to work on the next game lol

It'd be cool to actually design cu#tom wallpaper and floors like how we do tiles. Lol I mean 1 huge canvas, not smll rotatable suares.

Back