Zipper Sakura
Spring Sakura
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Pastel Disco Ball Easter Egg
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Pastel Disco Ball Easter Egg
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Hello!

We're currently accepting new staff applications for moderator positions on TBT. It's been about a year since we last opened applications, so we're excited to hear again from members who applied last year and have improved since, or even members who were not around last time. Don't let us down!

Before you apply, we ask you take the time to read through the list of expected responsibilities, and the requirements below. To be clear, they're not all strict "requirements", but generally what we expect from someone we promote.

Responsibilities:
  • Review and take objective action on user reports
  • Handle disputes between members fairly
  • Contribute to both creative (The Bell Tree Fair, Halloween, Easter, The Woods) and mundane (rule updates) projects
  • Provide input and opinion in general on decisions and projects (ranging from future mods to a new theme)
  • ...and more I can't tell you!

Requirements:
  • Mature and responsible, while also laid back and fun. Know when to be serious, and when to joke around!
  • Objective and able to see situations from both sides. Everyone has inherent bias, there's no avoiding it, but you can do your best to avoid it.
  • ~~Sociable!~~ We want moderators who openly engage and participate in the community with everyone, not hide in a corner and moderate behind a closed door. This ranges from playing games with members to general chatting in the IRC.
  • Generally speaking, a longer active history on TBT reflects better on you. That's not to say you need to have been around for years, but we're going to ask that you please don't apply if you've just joined within the past few months.
  • Age isn't the only factor we look at by a long shot, but it's still important. In the past we never talked about age, but for this round of applications, we ask that you please don't apply if you are under the age of 15. Older is generally preferred, but say if you're 15 and appear to be a great candidate in every other aspect, we're not going to exclude you solely for your age.
  • Capable of keeping secrets! We're very secretive about our projects, you've gotta keep your mouth shut sometimes.
  • Never restock the Shop. The most important skill of a staff member.

You can submit your application or recommendation by clicking here to head to the hub page.

Please note that the questions in the application are not the absolute primary factor in deciding who to promote, so don't feel like you have to spend TOO much time on them. (but you should still show a decent effort) Your history at The Bell Tree is the most important factor.

Finally, you may also recommend members for moderator. Keep in mind though, these are simply an extra minor point for us to consider. This isn't a popularity contest and nobody will be promoted solely because they have many recommendations, nor will anyone not be promoted solely because they received zero recommendations.

As a note, we are leaving this thread open for any discussion, but we'll be keeping a watch on it. If it devolves into a total soapbox or otherwise toiletfest, it'll probably get closed. (like last year...)

Best of luck!
Justin & everyone on TBT Staff!

FAQ

How many moderators are you going to promote?

We don't know. It depends on the applications we get.

When will the new moderators be promoted?

I can't give you an exact timeframe, but assume that it will be a long while. Definitely not within two weeks. We take our time on these things.

How long will applications remain open?

At least two weeks. We will post a warning before they close.

I think someone would make a good mod, what can I do?

Drop us a recommendation, it's on the application page. Please DO NOT "campaign" or anything like that for your friends or whoever you think would be good. It's only going to look negatively upon you.

How many recommendations can you submit?

No hard limit. But of course, your recommendations are going to be taken less seriously if you submit a ton. So keep it to just one or two that you feel strongly about.

I stopped reading when it said you had to be, at least, 15. I'm 13, so, I'm pretty much doomed. It's a shame, too. I was getting my hopes up for when this happened.

*cough*TINAFORMOD*cough*

I think someone would make a good mod, what can I do?

Drop us a recommendation, it's on the application page. Please DO NOT "campaign" or anything like that for your friends or whoever you think would be good. It's only going to look negatively upon you.

Keep the thread clean.

Too bad we have age restrictions, I could've brought great things to TBT. I would've made Justin pay us in collectables.

I think I'll recommend someone pretty soon, keeping my eyes peeled.

How many people can you recommend?

No hard limit. But of course, your recommendations are going to be taken less seriously if you submit a ton. So keep it to just one or two that you feel strongly about.

Adding to the FAQ, good question!

I can't stress how important this is.

But Kaiaa, don't you remember the day you restocked one peach? Good times. I've gone and filled out (or in the process of) an application. I'll definitely type up a few recommendations.

Why can't I just re-use the one from last year

But Kaiaa, don't you remember the day you restocked one peach? Good times. I've gone and filled out (or in the process of) an application. I'll definitely type up a few recommendations.

Why can't I just re-use the one from last year

Hoping to god you dont become a mod

I think we all know there's some painfully obvious choices for mods yours truly - just check the first post on this page to see who one of those people are. :lemon:

Last edited:
Well I'm 13 so forget me about being a moderator lol. I have a few people in mind who I think are worthy.

I stopped reading when it said you had to be, at least, 15. I'm 13, so, I'm pretty much doomed. It's a shame, too. I was getting my hopes up for when this happened.
Patience my friend. Just a few more years and we'll get our chance. :)

Last edited:
I applied but only because I have experience moderating and running my own forums.

Gotta wait until my membership is longer. But just came to wish everybody applies good luck.
4e6419a10f27b1ab38e37156c04ce51b.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back