• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Hyrule Warriors

I found this glitch while playing as Link. I drank a potion when I had a quarter of a heart left. I got hit while I was drinking it, so it showed the defeat screen, but I didn't die and the defeat screen wouldn't go away. So I was just running around constantly until I felt like restarting my Wii U.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Just got Link to level 50 :)

Mine is at level 47 I think. I try to play as a variety of characters, but I've been using Link a lot since I got the really good Magic Rod.

Dang, that looks cool. I'm wondering about how legit that March date is myself now. She seems fairly complete.

What is the difference between the two controller options you pick at the beginning? I just picked warrior because that is the only one the instruction book explained. I have only played a couple levels now, but it is really fun. Endless enemy attack!!! :D

Also, why is the Club Nintendo registration code hidden behind the game disc hidden on the inside cover behind the plastic? I tilted the case when the game was out and was like "Wait, did that say Club Nintendo?" It is so hard to read and I don't want to destroy the case. What happened to the slips of paper that usually come with the games?

What is the difference between the two controller options you pick at the beginning? I just picked warrior because that is the only one the instruction book explained. I have only played a couple levels now, but it is really fun. Endless enemy attack!!! :D

Also, why is the Club Nintendo registration code hidden behind the game disc hidden on the inside cover behind the plastic? I tilted the case when the game was out and was like "Wait, did that say Club Nintendo?" It is so hard to read and I don't want to destroy the case. What happened to the slips of paper that usually come with the games?

I think Zelda mode may just be a more familiar playing style for traditional LoZ players. I have no idea tbh.

As for the Club Nintendo code, I flipped out when I didn't see it at first. That question is easily answered though. Nintendo is trying to be economically and environmentally conservative. That's why a lot of instruction manuals are now digital or otherwise very short. Notice how the 3DS game cases are much thinner and lighter? If you look behind the manuals, you'll see the "recycle" symbol as well. I personally love it that Nintendo is taking this approach to their new game cases.

Last edited:
Dang, that looks cool. I'm wondering about how legit that March date is myself now. She seems fairly complete.

i still think its oct 16/17 and not march

the official nintendo AUS facebook page says you can play as them in a DLC on oct 17th

anyway, i really want this dlc, but i know i'll stop playing this game in like 2 months so... :\

Ok, but couldn't the code be a little higher up where you can see text? I also think the instruction books are too short. They don't say anything useful so I don't usually read them any more. The Hyrule warriors one just makes a note the controls explained are the warrior style, and fails to mention the second option. I like when the guides had some pictures in them, like when they introduce a few characters and basic plot. I like seeing character artwork.

One more random question, is there a way to turn the game pad off when playing using a wii remote? Right now I have just been turning it away because seeing the game on two screens is distracting.

Click the Home Button and click Controller Settings. There should be an option to turn the GamePad display off.

Ooh awesome! I'll have to try it later. I think the game pad is too big so whenever there is a second option I like to use it. Though it gets a bit tiring shaking the wii remote repeatedly to slash all the enemies. This game makes me want to see what dynasty warriors is like. Attacking the giant mobs and stealing enemy forts is fun. :)

Ooh awesome! I'll have to try it later. I think the game pad is too big so whenever there is a second option I like to use it. Though it gets a bit tiring shaking the wii remote repeatedly to slash all the enemies. This game makes me want to see what dynasty warriors is like. Attacking the giant mobs and stealing enemy forts is fun. :)
Sounds like the opposite of me. The GamePad feels perfect for me, and any other controller options don't feel as good. Maybe you should invest in a Wii U Classic Controller Pro if you haven't already. My girlfriend uses it and she says it's perfect for her hand size. :)

Full details of the Master Quest Pack revealed:

zeldamusou_140929.jpg

The new weapon is Epona (as posted before).

1016_ss01_b.jpg

1016_ss02_b.jpg

The new scenario features Cia squaring off against Hyrulean forces, with five episodes being part of the story. The story also details how she meets Volga and Wizzro. The above picture also confirms that Wizzro and Volga will be playable.

1016_ss03_b.jpg

The new Adventure Mode map uses special rules, disallowing the use of items and making you unable to recover health. As a reward for beating it, high rank weapons can be unlocked for Cia, Volga and Wizzro.

1016_cia_b.jpg

1016_lana_b.jpg

Two "Guardian of Time" costumes are also included in the pack, for Cia and Lana.

Sia looks so good in that costume brb whilst I go cry myself to sleep

Full details of the Master Quest Pack revealed:

zeldamusou_140929.jpg

The new weapon is Epona (as posted before).

1016_ss01_b.jpg

1016_ss02_b.jpg

The new scenario features Cia squaring off against Hyrulean forces, with five episodes being part of the story. The story also details how she meets Volga and Wizzro. The above picture also confirms that Wizzro and Volga will be playable.

1016_ss03_b.jpg

The new Adventure Mode map uses special rules, disallowing the use of items and making you unable to recover health. As a reward for beating it, high rank weapons can be unlocked for Cia, Volga and Wizzro.

1016_cia_b.jpg

1016_lana_b.jpg

Two "Guardian of Time" costumes are also included in the pack, for Cia and Lana.

Cannot wait for that Lana costume and Epona~

Epona as a weapon, that is pretty sweet. I can't wait to try her out! I think I'd love to fight with Epona in battle. I wonder what her move set will be...
The outfits for Cia and Lana are nice too, I don't think they have any other outfits in the game currently?

people with the game, how is the ally ai? are your teammates like impa and the hyrulean captains actually fighting? about how many enemies can they kill, and can they take down a keep boss?

people with the game, how is the ally ai? are your teammates like impa and the hyrulean captains actually fighting? about how many enemies can they kill, and can they take down a keep boss?
In general, ally AI is about as crap as you'd come to expect. While they do fight, they're about as active as the enemy grunts and often need saving. They'll kill enemies if they manage to gang up on them. I know I'm always surprised when I suddenly see the message "Hyrulean Captain took down Lizalfos!", since that technically shouldn't be possible. I've seen them whittle down the "health bar" of keeps slowly, but never seen them actually taking down a Keep Boss. Maybe next time I'll have them keep fighting the Keep Boss to see if they can actually capture a keep.

So in general, crap with some shining moments.

Pretty much what Reindeer said, but I want to add that they need help WAY TOO OFTEN. It seems like someone needs help every half a minute. They can almost never do anything for themselves.

I unlocked Zant and tried using the Wind Waker for the first time today. The Wind Waker is the worst weapon I've used so far. Wind Waker is my favorite Zelda game, but this thing can't do anything good. It's way too slow and weak. I think after 5 shield breakers on an Aeroflos, it was only at half of its health. It's good at pushing away enemies, but what's the point in that when getting rid of them gives you rewards?
Also got the level 3 Hylian Sword. It's like the 8-bit sword, but with 6 Skill slots instead of 0.

Last edited:
The Wind Waker is terrible. Honestly, most secondary weapons are terrible. I hate the Gauntlets, I hate the Naginata, I hate the Deku Spear and I hate the Wind Waker. The Fire Rod is like the only one I can stand, but even then it's not an incredible weapon.

I finally unlocked Midna's Level 2 weapon, the Twilight Shackle, and hot damn. I sweeped 175 in a single combo. Before that I couldn't even break 100. I also set my Spirit Focus chain at 270 during the same mission playthrough.

Back