• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Fantasy Life General Thread

JCnator

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
4227-4179-8894
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Famous Mushroom
New Horizons Token
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Poptart Easter Egg
Winter Mittens
Cake
Fantasy Life General Thread - Sequel going mobile!

FANTASY LIFE GENERAL THREAD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ABOUT FANTASY LIFE
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Run out of things to do for today? Do you find yourself wanting to escape your boring mundane life? Want to find the best way to get addicted? If you've answered yes to any of those questions, then you should stop reading this and fork down your hard-earned cash for Fantasy Life!

You get to experience a life like never before, by decorating your house and of course achieving your own goals. There are 12 jobs in the game. 4 of them are combat-based, which is Paladin, Mercenary, Archer and Magician. Then, we have the Gathering jobs, which are Miner, Woodcutter and Fisherman. And finally, there are Crafting jobs, which is Blacksmith, Carpenter, Cooker, Alchemist, and Fashion Designer. That way, you won't play the same way as your buddies would. And to further sweeten the deal, the famous Final Fantasy illustrator and the legendary music composer Nobuo Uematsu are involved in the development. With these guys, you know you're in for a treat!
This 3DS action MMORPG-esque game is developed by Level-5, with the assistance of 1UP Studios (previously known as Brownie Brown) and h.a.n.d. (the same team who worked Disney Magical World). Nintendo is the one who published the game beyond Japan.

The game was initially released in Japan on December 27th 2012. Then, a massive upgrade came in form of Fantasy Life Link!, which added online multiplayer along with a new island to explore for daring souls and a number of improvements. Owners of the original Fantasy Life could upgrade it for 2,000 yen, while newcomers can get the packaged version, which includes all content from Fantasy Life and the Link! upgrade.
Right after E3 went on, Fantasy Life on Nintendo 3DS is finally announced for Europe and North America. And on top of that, the game is available now for those regions! The game is so popular that there's also a new sequel in the works called Fantasy Life 2: Two Moons And The Village of God. This time, the new feature in the game is about building the city and collecting villagers. The game will be released in Japan this summer on iPhone and Android devices. Stay tuned for more details about the exciting sequel!

If you'd like to download the game rather than purchase a boxed copy, the file size of the European version is 6,856 blocks (857 MB), while the American one will be probably slightly smaller.

GETTING STARTED AND COMPLETING THE MAIN STORY
Started playing Fantasy Life? There are reasons why you should get a License for all 12 jobs and completing the main story.

REASONS FOR EARNING 12 JOB LICENSES AND COMPLETING THE MAIN STORY

- To get to know more about Reveria and its denizens
- To reach Level 19 or over
- To get over 80,000 Dosh
- To get many Bliss Bonuses
- To have all areas unlocked for both you and your friends to access
- Completing the main story will take no longer than 10 hours of gameplay for an average player
- To get all the skills
- To get stat boosts

See? There's absolutely no excuse not to earn all job licenses and complete the main story. With that being said, let's move on how you should progress.

GENERAL TIPS

- Try running as often as possible to raise some running skill, which will then consume SP slower than before.

- If you need to restore SP faster, perform the sitting emotion, usually done by holding Down on the Control Pad assuming you haven't changed it from the settings. To get up, press any button.

- Read your objective on the top of your 3DS's bottom screen, follow the red arrow and the red dots. These details will be guiding to where to go and what you need to do. Keep in mind that there are some instances when they force you to wait for the night to arrive. I'll give you a clue: this happen once at Chapter 3 and in the first chapter of Origin Island.

- Tired of the long-winded dialogues and don't care about the story? Hold the X button and watch the text unfolds rapidly! Note that there are certain instances where you still have to press A.

- Equipping your entire Snow Child Costume set will give you an easier time completing the story. Assuming that you set the language into English, you can get it by entering the code "Snow daze!" if your Fantasy Life version is from North America (United States, Canada, Mexico, and such)
OR "Snow joke" if it's an European/UK/Australian version
OR "ゆきのひゆきやまゆきだるま" if it's a Japanese version

- Finish all of the tutorial quests for every single job. You'll get the skills and materials per job, along with 500 Dosh and the associated license. Speaking of the tutorial quests...

- ...Did you know that after completing your first job tutorial, you can skip entirely any other job tutorial quest and still reap the aforementioned benefits? When the game prompts if you want to continue, say "No" and then "Yes". Any beginner is usually better off getting the gist of the game by accepting the tutorial on one Combat job, one Gathering job along with Fisherman and one Crafting job.

- All daggers are useless in combat, unless you need those Bliss points for the sake of completion. They provide very low damage outputs even with the best daggers!

- Even with a starting weapon, you can still reach to the credits! You don't need to worry about getting better equipment, because the story-related monsters/enemies are generally weak enough for them to be defeated even with the weakest weapon.

- Hit-and-run tactics are usually preferred as you'll want to avoid taking damage as often as you can. Get to know the attack pattern of the monsters, hit them at the right moment and stay back when they're about to attack. Keep in mind that there are some monsters that can attack twice or three times in a row.

- If you try to beat the story as soon as possible without grinding for exp, you'll want to avoid monsters that don't need to be defeated.

- You can skip any story-related fight whenever Butterfly (US)/Flutter (EU/UK) prompts you. Keep in mind that you absolutely need to participate in any fight that involves destroying a Doomstone no matter what.

- To end any fight with the shadow monsters being controller by a nearby Doomstone, destroy the latter. Feel free to kill the small beasts to rack up some more exp along the way or skip them altogether. Don't bother attacking the larger shadow monsters, because they are outright invincible.

- If there's a huge shadow monster getting on your way while destroying a Doomstone, put your weapons away and then move yourself and your NPCs further away to make the giant beast move away from the Doomstone, so you can continue destroying the stone.

- Avoid dying as often as possible. You might have a few Life Cures with you to get back in the middle of a fight, but they're rather expensive to purchase from a shop. You're better off healing yourself whenever you're low on HP.

- If you run out of Life Cures and faint, you'll have to restart the chapter.

- If there are NPCs joining in a fight, don't forget reviving them when they faint unless you finish a fight. If you let one of them disappear, you'll have to restart the chapter.

- When you level up during the story, focus on increasing your Strength and Vitality stats, raising your attack power and defense respectively. These will help you to survive even longer, especially when the fights from the later chapters are becoming a bit too problematic for you to deal with.

- Butterfly/Flutter quests will be added every time you finish a story chapter, and your main objective will be always saying "Explore Reveria.". These quests are required to be done before you can jump into another chapter and give you enough Bliss points.

- Prioritize Inventory upgrades as your Bliss Bonuses. Your starting inventory is too small for convenience, since you'll eventually end up collecting a lot of stuff later on. Once you've reached the maximum inventory capacity of 300 items (500 if you own the Origin Island DLC), it's time to upgrade your storage, along with Shop +.

LINKS

Multiplayer thread
Items Exchange Thread
More tips for playing Fantasy Life
Post your Fantasy Life Avatar Thread

Hope you'll enjoy your brand-new life!

Last edited:
hOLY MOLY YES.

Is this coming to Europe as well? :eek:

I'm pretty sure this will happen if the game sells well in North America. As of now, I didn't heard of any news about that matter.

Isn't this 4 players online? How is it an MMO? Or am I wrong?

Although Fantasy Life feels like you're playing an action MMORPG-esque game, only 3 players can simultaneously play each other locally and online.

I'd like to add that the famous Final Fantasy illustrator was involved on illustrations for the game and Nobuo Uematsu actually composed musics for it. I'll be correcting my first post.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure this will happen if the game sells well in North America. As of now, I didn't heard of any news about that matter.

Although Fantasy Life feels like you're playing an action MMORPG-esque game, only 3 players can simultaneously play each other locally and online.

I'd like to add that the famous Final Fantasy illustrator was involved on illustrations for the game and Nobuo Uematsu actually composed musics for it. I'll be correcting my first post.

Which artist!?

Please say Yo****aka Amano. My favorite artists,

Link to the artist's name or something?

News article with his name in it: here

Edit: appears links get censored too. Um. Google "Level-5′s Fantasy Life Seen Through Amano?s Artwork" (sans quotations) and the first siliconera link should pop up.

Last edited:
News article with his name in it: here

Edit: appears links get censored too. Um. Google "Level-5′s Fantasy Life Seen Through Amano’s Artwork" (sans quotations) and the first siliconera link should pop up.

Ah the artist is Yoshitaka Amano.

Last edited:
Here's some more Fantasy Life video for you guys!

It appears that North American version of the game includes everything from Fantasy Life Link!, despite the guys only playing local multiplayer. The loading screen is identical to the original Japanese version of Fantasy Life. There's even 3 save slots to start with, so you can't abuse the early save duplication loophole, which was exploitable in the Japanese versions of the same game.

To reduce potential confusion for owners of the Japanese version of Fantasy Life, here are some name changes for some characters and locations (although not comprehensive as of now):

- Meg is Pam
- Eric is Erik
- Fantajiru is Reveria
- Kuruburuku is Castelle

Didn't Europe also get the trademark for it first too? Either way, I'm excited for them!

I'm having a hard time deciding whether to get this or not. I'm not sure I'd have enough time to play it, but I like that there are no penalties like in Animal Crossing: New Leaf (villagers moving out and such) and it seems like a good alternative for Rune Factory 4 (which will not come to Europe and I don't want to play any of the previous versions because I prefer playing as a girl). I've watched some videos and I'm just so undecided about it, haha.

I've also read on another forum that there is a story but once that's finished you can continue playing because it's an open world. Thing is I'd like to know just what it is you can do then (things like get your character to a certain level, I suppose) and if at some point it just doesn't get repetitive or something?

Basically, completing the story serves to unlock more areas for you to freely wander around, give you some experience points and even bonus items. All you do is learning about how to play the game, reaching point A to B, battle. Simple as that. I think it's possible to rush through chapters while being low-leveled for battles, and they do get ridiculously easier once you've leveled up a little bit. On some battles, you only need to destroy the crystal and they're done. Each chapter can be finished in under 30 minutes if you'd rather rush through.
Overall, the main story isn't too long to complete but is the only way to unlock almost every single area of the game.

Also...
...for the hidden island's story, you'll need to be at least at Level 50 to trigger it and access to even more areas. Though, be aware that enemies are much stronger and can quickly eliminate you if you're reckless, especially in that one tower. In that place's main hall, one door will open if you reach Level 75, and another one will presumably do at Level 100.

If grinding for experience bothers you too much, you can just purchase a DLC that allows you for faster experience gaining. There are also others that will help you saving time.

Last edited:
i seen all the video's of this game and im on fence about buying it atm . Looks fun i think ill wait and see what else comes up with this title

Basically, completing the story serves to unlock more areas for you to freely wander around, give you some experience points and even bonus items.

Thank you! That is very helpful information.

I like that you have to work to unlock things; makes it more interesting. But it's the story I'm a bit worried about.

See, the thing is that when a story is completed, I'm pretty much done with a game. Take Pok?mon as an example; as much as I love those games, once I've beaten the Champion, it's really a "The End" for me. I know there's a lot you can do post-game, but I simply never do any of it (why? I guess because part of me feels that there is no point?).

So that's the reason I'm so undecided about Fantasy Life. As great and fun as this looks, I have a feeling that once the story is completed, I'll just lose interest. x_x

Back