Fantasy Life General Thread

Because the game's localization took a very long while. Even though it was originally released in Japan on December 2012 along with its Link! extension on July 2013, the absence of any form of definitive confirmation of a localized version from Level 5 made people worrying that the game might not come in overseas territories. That is, until E3 2014 opened its doors and proven us wrong.

it looks fun but from what i have seen looks like 2 games in 1, maybe magical vacation meets ACNL . Which would make sence as
they made magical vacation.

Well, after much thinking and debating, I've just pre-ordered this game. Now to wait for September 27 (or later) to arrive! I actually ended up ordering this from Amazon UK since Amazon France (where I normally order my games) has October 31 as the release date. That and it was a bit cheaper on Amazon UK as well. The eShop was also an option, but I'm not sure what the price will be and Amazon tends to be cheaper, anyway.

Well, after much thinking and debating, I've just pre-ordered this game. Now to wait for September 27 (or later) to arrive! I actually ended up ordering this from Amazon UK since Amazon France (where I normally order my games) has October 31 as the release date. That and it was a bit cheaper on Amazon UK as well. The eShop was also an option, but I'm not sure what the price will be and Amazon tends to be cheaper, anyway.

i to will be giving it a try when it come out to NA. i was on fence now im gonna pick it up.

I want September 27 to arrive now, haha. I'm at home two weeks in September but will be back at work when it comes out, so sadly I won't have a lot of time to play it. Still looking forward to it, though.

Last edited:
I mentioned the release dates on the first post of the thread, written in bold. For Europeans, Fantasy Life will be out in September 26th, while Americans get it on October 24th.

We got a new video and a batch of few pictures, courtesy of Nintendo of Europe.

The former basically sums up what the game is about. Might as well add this to my first page of the topic.

I'm so hyped for this game! I can't wait since I watch the Treehouse at E3.
It's exactly the type of game I'm waiting for so long!

DLC announced:

A downloadable content pack called Origin Island ? available for purchase from the Nintendo eShop at launch ? will extend the Fantasy Life adventure even further. Origin Island offers a new area that is home to an ancient culture and powerful enemies, additional story content, new ranks to achieve in Life Classes, access to even more powerful equipment and two new varieties of pets to adopt: birds and dragons.

Source here.

Not sure what this is exactly nor what it'll cost, but if I like the game enough, I'll probably buy it, anyway. :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

As a owner of the Japanese version of Fantasy Life (along with Link! upgrade), I can't wait to see in Day 1 if I can connect to you guys if your version actually contains everything from Fantasy Life Link! and brag about my Level 75 character I've been playing with.

Seems like the announced DLC is actually this Link! you mention. I'm curious how much it'll cost in EUR...

DLC already wow

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wait why the frick frack does NA and AU get it a month after EU wtf

According to Nintendo Everything, you'll be already able to connect and play online before purchasing the Origin Island DLC unless if you live in Japan and only own the original version of the game without Link DLC. This leads me to wonder if my Japanese version of the game is able to connect with American and European gamers, with or without the DLC.

Last edited:
Back