Fantasy Life General Thread

I really wish I had someone to play this game with, haven't even tried it out yet lol. Everyone has the DLC.

To be fair, I was planning on making a second character anyway. I could just make the character with the DLC disabled on it so that I could play together, if you wish. ;o

Although the new character would probably be Strength [Paladin / Blacksmith] or Intelligence [Magician / Alchemy] based, given my main is Agility [Tailoring / Archery] based.

To be fair, I was planning on making a second character anyway. I could just make the character with the DLC disabled on it so that I could play together, if you wish. ;o

Although the new character would probably be Strength [Paladin / Blacksmith] or Intelligence [Magician / Alchemy] based, given my main is Agility [Tailoring / Archery] based.
I'm still really early on in the game!!! And I don't have the DLC :)
Eh! That was unexpected! Sure, please PM me when you want to have a go! I would love it!

How do you go about disabling the DLC? I bought it when I downloaded the game so I'm not sure how disabling it for a certain save file works.

How do you go about disabling the DLC? I bought it when I downloaded the game so I'm not sure how disabling it for a certain save file works.

"Disabling" the DLC doesn't actually disable anything DLC-related on the affected save file. However, if you create a new file in that state, you will sacrifice DLC benefits in order of being able to play with anyone without the DLC.

Why are homes so expensive?!? I finally saved up enough extra dosh to buy the desert home, and now the home in the elderwood village is 150,000 dosh..ughhhh

Last edited:
It does make more sense to do than to write about, but it's not very difficult to clone streetpass gifts. You do need to have access to more than one 3DS though!
The streetpass counter is towards the back of the Castele Guild office.
You need to turn streetpass on (and you can only enable streetpass for one character)
Visit your profile, to set your greeting, and an optional gift. The gift will be from your inventory, and can be anything from weapons to tools or ingredients. Gifting via streetpass does not reduce the amount you have on hand!
In this example, I will choose a Sack of Treasure (x1)
Save and exit to the home screen.
Then insert the cartridge into the second 3DS.
When you first boot up, it will act as a new game. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how much you enjoy replaying) you now have to play until you can unlock streetpass in 3DS unit 2.
Set up your streetpass profile in 3DS unit 2. This game does not have any Sacks of Treasure yet, so I will attach a stack of 5xCarrots
Save and Quit, and await streetpass.
After streetpass is registered on both units/games, talk to the streetpass clerk, and check the profiles of your visitors.
You do have to hunt for them around Castele, but streetpass visitors show up as blue spots on the map, so they're not difficult to find. To build up friendship with a visitor, talk to them a lot. It is possible for visitors to be in buildings, tents and workshops. Exit and re-enter the area between chats. You can also check their profile using 'X' to see if they've given away their present.
Eventually, they will think you're SUCH a great friend that you deserve a gift. Ta-da!

So now, Game 1 has 1x SoT and so does Game 2.
Game 2 visits their profile and changes their gift to SoT (1)
Game 1 may change or leave their profile, whichever.

Eventually, the games will streetpass each other again. Friendship levels, thankfully, remain at 100%, so from now on, you only need to find them once you've registered the streetpass and spoken with the clerk.

After the second streetpass, Game 1 will now have 2xSoT. Game 1 visits their profile, and changes to 2xSoT.
Game 2 will have 2xSoT as well, and it will gradually build from there!

The most important thing is, after streetpassing, to find your visitor and relieve them of their gift. They can only be registered with one gift at a time.

"Disabling" the DLC doesn't actually disable anything DLC-related on the affected save file. However, if you create a new file in that state, you will sacrifice DLC benefits in order of being able to play with anyone without the DLC.

Ah, this is useful to know. Being someone who uses the DLC, I realised I can still play on my main file even when the DLC is "deleted" from my game.. and I can still access all the DLC features on that character! Which means I don't need to remember to delete the DLC every time I want to play as my other character - I can simply just leave it perma-deleted now, and the DLC will only ever affect my main character. Sweet! ;D

As for the money issue, Diamondarcadia - I find it VERY useful to keep a Crafting Life focused on (even perhaps moreso than any Combat Life) - Crafting Lives seem to be the primary source of income in this game, so keep crafting recipes with relatively expensive items to Top Quality, and you're able to sell them for huge profits. Given that my FIRST and most focused Life has been Tailor.. I've never had any problems with money. At all. Every time I've been given the oppurtunity to buy a house, I had enough Dosh to buy it twice over. (And so I did. Fast-travel, woo~!)

Ah, this is useful to know. Being someone who uses the DLC, I realised I can still play on my main file even when the DLC is "deleted" from my game.. and I can still access all the DLC features on that character! Which means I don't need to remember to delete the DLC every time I want to play as my other character - I can simply just leave it perma-deleted now, and the DLC will only ever affect my main character. Sweet! ;D

As for the money issue, Diamondarcadia - I find it VERY useful to keep a Crafting Life focused on (even perhaps moreso than any Combat Life) - Crafting Lives seem to be the primary source of income in this game, so keep crafting recipes with relatively expensive items to Top Quality, and you're able to sell them for huge profits. Given that my FIRST and most focused Life has been Tailor.. I've never had any problems with money. At all. Every time I've been given the oppurtunity to buy a house, I had enough Dosh to buy it twice over. (And so I did. Fast-travel, woo~!)

I see, I see. I do see that my food recipes seem to be fetching a pretty penny. and goggles do too, I may just do this and sell my items. Thanks!

- - - Post Merge - - -

It does make more sense to do than to write about, but it's not very difficult to clone streetpass gifts. You do need to have access to more than one 3DS though!
The streetpass counter is towards the back of the Castele Guild office.
You need to turn streetpass on (and you can only enable streetpass for one character)
Visit your profile, to set your greeting, and an optional gift. The gift will be from your inventory, and can be anything from weapons to tools or ingredients. Gifting via streetpass does not reduce the amount you have on hand!
In this example, I will choose a Sack of Treasure (x1)
Save and exit to the home screen.
Then insert the cartridge into the second 3DS.
When you first boot up, it will act as a new game. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how much you enjoy replaying) you now have to play until you can unlock streetpass in 3DS unit 2.
Set up your streetpass profile in 3DS unit 2. This game does not have any Sacks of Treasure yet, so I will attach a stack of 5xCarrots
Save and Quit, and await streetpass.
After streetpass is registered on both units/games, talk to the streetpass clerk, and check the profiles of your visitors.
You do have to hunt for them around Castele, but streetpass visitors show up as blue spots on the map, so they're not difficult to find. To build up friendship with a visitor, talk to them a lot. It is possible for visitors to be in buildings, tents and workshops. Exit and re-enter the area between chats. You can also check their profile using 'X' to see if they've given away their present.
Eventually, they will think you're SUCH a great friend that you deserve a gift. Ta-da!

So now, Game 1 has 1x SoT and so does Game 2.
Game 2 visits their profile and changes their gift to SoT (1)
Game 1 may change or leave their profile, whichever.

Eventually, the games will streetpass each other again. Friendship levels, thankfully, remain at 100%, so from now on, you only need to find them once you've registered the streetpass and spoken with the clerk.

After the second streetpass, Game 1 will now have 2xSoT. Game 1 visits their profile, and changes to 2xSoT.
Game 2 will have 2xSoT as well, and it will gradually build from there!

The most important thing is, after streetpassing, to find your visitor and relieve them of their gift. They can only be registered with one gift at a time.

Wow so detailed, thank you!

Woodcutter sucks. I have tried to get elder logs for two hours in port puerto AND the desert. And nothing! Does luck improve elder log drop chance?

Woodcutter sucks. I have tried to get elder logs for two hours in port puerto AND the desert. And nothing! Does luck improve elder log drop chance?

Luck improves the rare drop chance of everything, and Elder Logs are no exception! My character has 50 Luck, Elder logs seem to be a relatively common drop for me now. ;o

Luck improves the rare drop chance of everything, and Elder Logs are no exception! My character has 50 Luck, Elder logs seem to be a relatively common drop for me now. ;o

Damn lol I just started putting in to luck and I am level 51.... It's not that easy to level lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

Not for me anyway

Hey guys, what's the easiest way to grind in this game? As I've reached about level 27, completed the main storyline and have reached Adept in all lives and I need to reach level 50 to unlock the Origin Island post game. I also have many Adept challenges that I'm unable to complete due to being so underlveled and not being able to do any damage to the bosses.

I'm pretty comfortable in all lives, but I consider Wizard to be my main.

Hey guys, what's the easiest way to grind in this game? As I've reached about level 27, completed the main storyline and have reached Adept in all lives and I need to reach level 50 to unlock the Origin Island post game. I also have many Adept challenges that I'm unable to complete due to being so underlveled and not being able to do any damage to the bosses.

I'm pretty comfortable in all lives, but I consider Wizard to be my main.

Hi, there's this password set called the princely outfit. That set actually increases the exp you gain so you level up faster. Wear that in whatever method you choose to do to level up and it should be easier to reach level 50 :) my second file is currently level 43 and i'm on chapter 4 of the story so yeah :) you can just goolge fantasy life password and you get to claim them from the post office in castele :)

In another thread from TBT, I heard that your allies will fight for you on the story mode if you don't want to battle. It seems to be true, but I haven't heard that anywhere else. How exactly does this work? Does it makes you skip the entire fights? Do you still gain exp even if you weren't participating in those fights?

In another thread from TBT, I heard that your allies will fight for you on the story mode if you don't want to battle. It seems to be true, but I haven't heard that anywhere else. How exactly does this work? Does it makes you skip the entire fights? Do you still gain exp even if you weren't participating in those fights?

I think it works like they just auto attack and you don't have to fight if you don't want to. Although, It does help defeat the monster faster if you help lol you still get exp from anything your allies kill.

Last edited:
I think it works like they just auto attack and you don't have to fight if you don't want to. Although, It does help defeat the monster faster if you help lol you still get exp from anything your allies kill.

I guess I'll try triggering a "battle skip" event tomorrow whenever I have time and see what really happens. I'm fairly convinced that this will skip the battle, but who knows what will really happen. This is going to be interesting to say at least!

I guess I'll try triggering a "battle skip" event tomorrow whenever I have time and see what really happens. I'm fairly convinced that this will skip the battle, but who knows what will really happen. This is going to be interesting to say at least!

I didn't even know you were allowed to have people in your party during story chapters lol that helps me a lot haha

Back