• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

My best friend is WHAT?

First of all, stop belittling yourself and calling yourself stupid. This isn't a situation that you asked for or clearly want to be in, but stuff like this happens. It's happening to you, it's happened to me, it's happened to a fair number of people in this thread, I'm sure. Like many people have said, you can't help that you don't like your friend that way and your friend can't help that she likes you. My advice is that if she really does like you like she says, she'll respect your feelings and she'll be your friend even if you don't date her. If she doesn't respect the fact that you're not interested in dating girls, she's not a very good friend.

Don't feel bad for your feelings or lack of feelings. This is a part of life and stuff like this happens a lot. There's going to be lots of time in your life where someone likes you and you don't like them back, and vice versa. Just don't settle. Don't tell yourself "This person likes me... no one else does... maybe I should just date them." That's not good, that's not a healthy outlook. Don't settle for someone you don't really care about in that way. Basically, don't date your friend out of pity. It'll just make both of you miserable.

You must be really attractive

bb, look.

You're not gay, and that's totally fine. Really. If you try to appease her and lead her on or something, you're just going to end up making it worse for both of you, and end up with a bunch of crappy feelings. Having been on both ends of this situation, just tell her you just aren't interested in her that way, and leave her to consider her own feelings and sort it out for herself.

I know you want her to be happy and everything, but it's not your job to fix her feelings- before or after you tell her you aren't interested. Don't lie. Seriously. If she gets torn up about it, then she does. But she should respect your right to not like her back in that way, you know? She needs to figure things out for herself, and the best thing you can do is not be wishy-washy about your position in the matter.

It's going to be okay. A bit dramatic, maybe. But you'll both be fine. c:

i don't know why you're calling yourself stupid just because someone likes you. just always be honest in these kinds of situations. also, if she is your best friend how do you not know if she is dating that girl or not lol? just make it clear that you are not interested, don't just say you're not ready for a relationship because that gives the idea that you might potentially be interested but not at the very moment. it's just going to lead her on and get her hopes up. it's a bad feeling i know, to reject someone that you're really close with but it's just a part of life. none of this is really your fault, you just seem to attract a lot of people haha but don't beat yourself up over it.

Pics or no believo

Merry christmas
image.jpg
And unless people are attracted to puff balls of hair, rotten tee shirts, and small eyes, don't think i'm very attractive XD

owh no mew you're super cute o:♥
you know I find us very similar :/
we both don't like ourselves, we both get female crushing on us, we both can draw..
are you me?

Last edited:
I think you said just the right thing. You made it clear that you still appreciate and care for her as a friend, but you don't want to be in a relationship. I've had to have similar conversations before, but for the opposite reason. (Guy friends were interested, but I'm gay.) And I've found that it's best to be completely honest while at the same time, being respectful of the other person's feelings. It may be difficult at the time, but it's better to be honest than do enter into a relationship you really don't want to be in.

And from her response, it seems she was very understanding! It was pretty brave of her to confess to you. But it might change the dynamics of your friendship. I guess you just have to be ready to roll with whatever happens, and make sure that you just keep being honest and understanding of each other. I think after the shock wears off, your friendship may grow even stronger!

we both don't like ourselves, we both get female crushing on us, we both can draw..
are you me?

NO, MY SECRET CLONING EXPERIMENTS HAVE BEEN REVEALED ( ;?Д`)
I mean.
. .
Yes. . .? ヽ(;▽;)ノ

But the thing i'm just confused about is should i address the situation or should i just wait for the whole thing to blow over. .? We're coming to each others houses all summer and i don't want her to feel awkward around me or anything ; ; i really care about her, and i don't want this to split us apart.

Politely decline and state you're flattered but your love for her is strictly friendship, you do not wish to end your friendship and you're not mad or anything! Just be nice and calm about the situation :) delicate that maybe, she's still your friend and will understand.

I mean.
. .
Yes. . .? ヽ(;▽;)ノ

But the thing i'm just confused about is should i address the situation or should i just wait for the whole thing to blow over. .? We're coming to each others houses all summer and i don't want her to feel awkward around me or anything ; ; i really care about her, and i don't want this to split us apart.

ehh try and act casual, I don't think she'd like it if you changed around her
but then again the female that likes me has started touching me and all.. but I don't react even when she sweet talks to me, I have such a weak personality.. I still dunno what to do but smile at her face and move along.. </3
I'm just scared of her really

I mean.
. .
Yes. . .? ヽ(;▽;)ノ

Don't bother addressing the situation: What more can you say? Seriously, if you address the situation and talk to her about it face to face, chances are she will find it even more awkward and she'll feel perhaps embarrassed. Trust me, don't do it. Just act like the whole thing never happened and just remain good friends like you always were. That was the way she obviously ended up liking you before: When you were being your usual, happy self around her when you're friends. Don't change that. It appears she knows that you do not want a relationship, so don't distance yourself from her. She won't find it awkward at all if you just carry on like it never happened...

are you me?

Only difference is Mewms is more energetic, much more of an anime fan and which I personally like, 100 percent crazy. :D

Only difference is Mewms is more energetic, much more of an anime fan and which I personally like, 100 percent crazy. :D

yep, I wish I were more like her.. </3

- - - Post Merge - - -

wait.. I'm an anime fan too :u

yep, I wish I were more like her.. </3

- - - Post Merge - - -

wait.. I'm an anime fan too :u
*points* GET BACK ON TOPIC YOU TWO XD
Psh yeah you should be more like me who cant take a hint ヽ(;▽;)ノ seriously
Im stupid.
Please don't date me ヽ(;▽;)ノ
But i think maybe i'll just act like nothing happened and hope for the best. She actually might be coming over to my house later, so i'll just act normal. But the thing im worried about is that i can't tell my parents about this because then they wont let her come over anymore. ; ;

Im stupid.
But i think maybe i'll just act like nothing happened and hope for the best. She actually might be coming over to my house later, so i'll just act normal. But the thing im worried about is that i can't tell my parents about this because then they wont let her come over anymore. ; ;

sorry we both tend to get off topic..
well anyways, maybe you shouldn't mention it when she's over, like you said, do nothing and hope for the best
unless things get physical well..

Im stupid.

Gurl, act casual.

My best friend rejected me, I was quite sad, but was never too sad.
I just acted normal because I really didn't care. And being best friends is better than nothing, as I always say :)
Just act normal, like how you always act with her. Watch a few episodes of Mekaku City actors with her or whatever ;)

Gurl, act casual.

My best friend rejected me, I was quite sad, but was never too sad.
I just acted normal because I really didn't care. And being best friends is better than nothing, as I always say :)
Just act normal, like how you always act with her. Watch a few episodes of Mekaku City actors with her or whatever ;)
SRYJDYI,DYUMARTNSTYNDYU,FUDYUKSTYJSTYJ
OH MY GOD THE NEW EPISODE ALREADY CAME OUT TODAY
OH MY GOD THIS ONES GONNA BE ABOUT ANYANO AND TSUBOMI AND
WEIFJV WRLIJF NWLIDUF NLWIRFH NLWUHEFN LWUHEFB KUWHEFB UKHWEFB UKWEHFBCUKSHDF B

*pant pant* but . . .yeah. . .ill just. . .act. . .normal. . .and
*runs to nico nico douga*

Back