• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

My best friend is WHAT?

NO, MY SECRET CLONING EXPERIMENTS HAVE BEEN REVEALED ( ;?Д`)
I mean.
. .
Yes. . .? ヽ(;▽;)ノ

But the thing i'm just confused about is should i address the situation or should i just wait for the whole thing to blow over. .? We're coming to each others houses all summer and i don't want her to feel awkward around me or anything ; ; i really care about her, and i don't want this to split us apart.
Letting it blow over won't work. You definitely need to address it. Ignoring it just makes it worse. She'll have to bury her feelings, which is never a good thing to do, and you'll always feel awkward around each other. As much as you'll try and ignore it those feelings will still be there creating a rift between you two.

Like I said, you guys need to talk this out. Seriously sit down and discuss how she feels and how you feel. communication is extremely important in relationships, including friendships. You guys need to find some common ground and understand each other better. It's not an easy conversation to have and no one really leaves it feeling happy, but it's so important to have it.

I've just seen too many people start to resent their crush for not liking them back.

Your message left a little doubt. Try to tell her firmly but nicely that you are simply heterosexual and you won't ever feel the same towards her. Otherwise she might think she still has some chances as you are currently not "ready" for any relationships.
And try to act normal. It might seem awkward, but it'll get better with time. Don't try to avoid her or anything, this would pain her and she will regret confessing to you as she might have lost her previous friend.
Nevertheless, you answered quite maturely ;)

This whole thread, if it were all made into a song, it would be voted the Official Worldwide Anthem of Love.

Are you sure your friend would want you sharing all of what she said to you to everyone here? I know I wouldn't.

Are you sure your friend would want you sharing all of what she said to you to everyone here? I know I wouldn't.
*shrug* i guess i just wanted advice
I talk to a lot of people on here and pm them things that are really personal, i've just gotten pretty used to sharing information. I guess i wanted more opinions if that makes any sense? I feel like I'm not making fun of her or anything. Personally i feel like if i'm not publically embarrassing her by sharing her name and photos and telling her about how shes so much of a horrible friend i'm not doing anything wrong.
But again.
Stupid.
Most of the things i do are stupid.
I guess i just see it as getting advice from people. It's just like seeing a counsellor and talking about what goes on in your life from my point of view.

*shrug* i guess i just wanted advice
I talk to a lot of people on here and pm them things that are really personal, i've just gotten pretty used to sharing information. I guess i wanted more opinions if that makes any sense? I feel like I'm not making fun of her or anything. Personally i feel like if i'm not publically embarrassing her by sharing her name and photos and telling her about how shes so much of a horrible friend i'm not doing anything wrong.
But again.
Stupid.
Most of the things i do are stupid.
I guess i just see it as getting advice from people. It's just like seeing a counsellor and talking about what goes on in your life from my point of view.

You're not stupid, darling.

Back