• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

My best friend is WHAT?

Mewmewmewm

☆Sassy Servant☆
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
7476-1290-5326
October Birthstone (Opal)
Yellow Candy
ど
Classic Easter Egg
Togepi Easter Egg
Easter Egg
Cake
Let me start this post off with
ADLICHNWLEIFHVNELIRFHV LEIRHGVNWRLIFHVNLWURFHVNIWLRTHNVWLIRFHVNWLIRFHVNLWURFHVNWLURFHVN
*ahem*
Okay.
Well.
*sigh*
Im stupid.
Why do people like me.
I'm stupid.
So. About two seconds ago my friend messaged me on Facebook.
She told me it was really important and i had to promise her i wouldn't hate her if i said it.
Her message:
Honestly i've had the biggest crush on you for the past few years. You honestly the most beautiful and most perfect girl i have honestly ever met. To be honest i think i love you. i get it, you wont like me the same way back. I just wanted to get that off my chest.

. . .
And i was just like
IJASNFCILAD FVOIWEBFVLUHBSEFULVHBSEFHIVBSELIFHBVAKEUHFBVSRKUHFBV
and just kinda looked at the screen in shock for a second.
My friend is bisexual and I'm not. And I'm female, and I'm only attracted to guys.
*sigh*
And to make it even more complicated i broke up with my other best friend who confessed to me on facebook a while ago and we're still not really talking and he's also friends with her but I'm not really his friend and apparently she talked to him about this and ANOTHER friend asked me out two days ago who is also her friend and-
*bangs head on table*
Seriously though.
Im stupid.
Why would anyone like me or think im perfect?
Im stupid.
And now i feel like a horrible friend.
I just told her that i'm not ready for a relationship yet but i still feel like i hurt her feelings and I'm a horrible person.
NGHHHHH WHY.
I told her i'd be her friend and wouldn't judge her no matter what she told me, but i don't want her to keep liking me and me never returning her feelings.
Seriously.
I'm stupid.
I'm too stupid to figure out what to do now.
Why am i so stupid all the time?
Oh and did i mention?
She has a girlfriend.

Last edited:
I don't see how you're stupid? Friends develop crushes on each other all the time, but it's not a good friendship if your friend expects you to just automatically feel the same way back. And from the message you've provided here, it seems like they just wanted to let you know how deeply they cared for you, while even saying 'you won't feel the same way back.' That should mean that they respect your feelings as well. You're not a bad person for turning someone down. Feelings form naturally, and I'm sure they won't feel this strongly about you forever, especially when you've made it clear that you're not looking for a relationship right now. It's respectful what you're doing, don't worry about it.

Just say "soz this is closed for business" and then make a hand gesture down to your lady parts

that's hawt.

But serious, you just have to be honest with her. Saying anything else will probably just put your friendship in trouble. It might hurt for her now but in the long run when you are still both friends she will be grateful for it. You are not stupid or a bad friend and you definitely don't need to beat yourself up over it.

Last edited:
if youre not ready then youre not ready
not to mention if you dont wanna date girls thats fine
just dont make it awkward or ignore her. carry on as usual. just still be a friend.

Why didn't you tell her that your not gay?

Now your just stringing her along
NGGGGHHHH.
I guess i just assumed because i've dated guys before that she would know but. . .
. . .
I forgot to tell her that.

yep.
Imma idiot ヽ(;▽;)ノ

Not like people can help their feelings. Just like you can't help not liking her she can't help liking you. So stop calling yourself stupid. Degrading yourself won't change the situation. You're liked. That means you are likeable. Deal with it.

Honestly you have to tell her that you are not attracted to her. It's going to be super awkward. Really awkward. Because she has stronger feelings than you do, and it's been putting a strain on your relationship before but now that strain will be bigger. There's not really much you can do but let it kind of take it's course. You guys definitely have to talk it out, though. It's really bad to leave this alone and unanswered. Whether it breaks your friendship now or not, it'd be worse to let it fester until it creates a huge rift between the two of you.

It's not really a discussion for Facebook. So try messaging her back that you're sorry but you don't feel the same, and that you two need to talk in person. Set up a time an place to talk right away so you don't back out. It's really important you guys discuss this and come up with some sort of solution that works for both of you. Unrequited feelings suck for everyone involved. Keep that in mind, and it was probably really hard for her to tell you. Don't forget that you don't have an obligation to like her back. Forcing feelings never works. They're just out of our control. I'm just saying to see things from her perspective a bit so it's a little easier to reach a solution.

WAIT A MINUTE I FORGOT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING
SLKJSNLISHBILSHBALIHBALIH SILHBS
WHY. AM. I. SO. STUPID.
um yeah.
So she might have a girlfriend too.
I don't know if she broke up with her or whats the situation with that but.
Yeah.
That was another reason i felt horrible.
*bangs head against table*
Im so stupid.

WAIT A MINUTE I FORGOT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING
SLKJSNLISHBILSHBALIHBALIH SILHBS
WHY. AM. I. SO. STUPID.
um yeah.
So she might have a girlfriend too.
I don't know if she broke up with her or whats the situation with that but.
Yeah.
That was another reason i felt horrible.
*bangs head against table*
Im so stupid.
But why would you feel horrible for that? How is that in anyway your fault? It's not like you have the ability to make her like you. It's not even like she has the ability to make herself like you. Feelings are not in our control. And it really sucks. I think we all wish we could control how we feel, but we can't. And we definitely can't control how others feel. You did nothing wrong at all. This is very much not your fault, and it's not hers. No one is at fault here. You should never be ashamed of your feelings or people's feelings towards you. It just is.

But why would you feel horrible for that? How is that in anyway your fault? It's not like you have the ability to make her like you. It's not even like she has the ability to make herself like you. Feelings are not in our control. And it really sucks. I think we all wish we could control how we feel, but we can't. And we definitely can't control how others feel. You did nothing wrong at all. This is very much not your fault, and it's not hers. No one is at fault here. You should never be ashamed of your feelings or people's feelings towards you. It just is.

*sigh* yeah, you're probably right.
I just feel stupid for never realizing it before and i almost feel like i led her on unknowingly.
After we talked we just kinda went back to normal conversation with our usual jokes but i don't know.
I just feel stupid ヽ(;▽;)ノ

I just feel stupid for never realizing it before and i almost feel like i led her on unknowingly.
After we talked we just kinda went back to normal conversation with our usual jokes but i don't know.
Yeah, people are really, really bad at taking hints. It's definitely not just you. There are entire threads on Reddit dedicated to how dumb people are at taking hints.

First of all, stop calling yourself stupid.

Your (best) friend like you because she is Bi. And you should thanks her for the confession but tell her politely that you re sorry that you only attracted to guy. It takes her a big gut to tell you this, is not easy. You can't blame her for liking you, and don't blame yourself is not your fault either. Love is
un-explainable. Tell her that you appreciate her feeling for you but so sorry that you couldn't accept that so hope she understand and both of you can still remain friend, like normal.

After that, is up to her if she still have feeling or not for you (not like you can shut someone off from liking you, feeling is feeling! is hard to get rid off). Still be friend with her, and treat her like normal but not too intimated so she don't get the wrong meaning. Plus all she want to stop hiding the feeling for you and confessing it out, not like she force you TO LIKE her back.

If you may, don't stay a distance from her to ignorance. This will leave a scar on her feeling and she will feel even more hate on her "different" and might even be afraid to confess in the future. Just take it as a best guy friend fall in love with you but you sort of rejecting them but still keeping being friend, or put yourself in her shoe where you confess to your crush and he reject+ignore you later on, how do you feel?

Last edited:
Darling, I've been in the same position many times before. I consider myself, at this point, bisexual, although I tend to have more sexual feelings for men, while only romantic ones for women. So, I've been in positions where a girl has tried to make me like her back in a more, deep way. I know it's not the same, but, it's just as hard to go through. I'd imagine that right now, she's feeling rejected. She probably really liked you, and, is disappointed you didn't feel the same way. But, if you're good friends, you'll stick together no matter what happens. Oh, and you're not stupid.

And yea seriously stop calling yourself stupid! Someone has feeling for you is totally not your fault and nobody to blame but nature! It is normal to feel awkward but nothing so bad about it just maintain the same normal friendship you always have but let her know, you will just remain friend. Really, no more scolding yourself k?~

NGGGGHHHH.
I guess i just assumed because i've dated guys before that she would know but. . .
. . .
I forgot to tell her that.

yep.
Imma idiot ヽ(;▽;)ノ

We've run into another problem have we?

Anyway, you should tell her that you don't feel the same, because you're not gay.
You're interested.in boys, not girls, but try to tell her in a manner where you feel that she won't be hurt.

You must be really pretty to even attract girls Mewms :)

Last edited:
Back