The Signature Guide

Yes, it is too big because everything in the signature, including any lines of text, count towards the total size. This clarification was announced in January, but it still has to be updated in this thread.

And AnimalCrossingPerson, we don't use CSS to limit it because many people use spoiler tags in their signatures which don't function properly with a max height style. It would also still allow people to add images. They would just be cut off or put in a box with a scroll bar, but load times would still be affected and it would probably look bad.

And AnimalCrossingPerson, we don't use CSS to limit it because many people use spoiler tags in their signatures which don't function properly with a max height style. It would also still allow people to add images. They would just be cut off or put in a box with a scroll bar, but load times would still be affected and it would probably look bad.

Well, maybe I didn't think it through all that well. :p

Just out of curiosity, why did you guys decide to change the rules about signatures? I always make mine smaller, 'cause I don't really like big signatures anyway, but I'm curious what brought it up.

Just out of curiosity, why did you guys decide to change the rules about signatures? I always make mine smaller, 'cause I don't really like big signatures anyway, but I'm curious what brought it up.

I was listening to Madonna's Open Your Heart one day and then I told the rest of the staff they should open their hearts like Madonna and say what rules/guidelines they want to change, and everyone said signature rules so we changed it.
100% true story believe it or not.

It wasn't actually changed, just clarified. The rules never mentioned the one line of text, but this guide did. This guide still needs to be updated to reflect that announcement though.

I was listening to Madonna's Open Your Heart one day and then I told the rest of the staff they should open their hearts like Madonna and say what rules/guidelines they want to change, and everyone said signature rules so we changed it.
100% true story believe it or not.

Now that's how you be a moderator.

Alright, I'm a little confused. So I checked my signature and it was slightly over the limit and I wanted to fix it by putting some info into a table instead of under the image itself, but the thing is, now that I've done that my signature size is even bigger than it was before. The table seems to have added unnecessary padding underneath the image and I have no idea how to remove it. Anyone here who is experienced with tables, can you help me out?

Alright, I'm a little confused. So I checked my signature and it was slightly over the limit and I wanted to fix it by putting some info into a table instead of under the image itself, but the thing is, now that I've done that my signature size is even bigger than it was before. The table seems to have added unnecessary padding underneath the image and I have no idea how to remove it. Anyone here who is experienced with tables, can you help me out?

Yeah, I've noticed the same thing in the past. I don't think there's any real solution.

Either make the contents smaller to compensate or just ignore that it's a little over, since I assume it's not your fault there's padding. :p

Yeah, I've noticed the same thing in the past. I don't think there's any real solution.

Either make the contents smaller to compensate or just ignore that it's a little over, since I assume it's not your fault there's padding. :p

Yeah I tried reducing the image and text size but that didn't seem to make a difference, oddly enough. Oh well, hopefully it's still allowed, I wonder if there's any official word from the mods about padding and signature size. I'll be changing it soon anyway once I get an image finished. Thanks a lot for the response!

do we have official word on the size accorded to each line of text?

Jeremy had previously said he thought 10 pixels; if that's the case then my signature should have been okay as my image is 230 pixels high...

King Dorado, ignoring the second line of red text in your signature, as I think it's just wrapped due to being contained within in a spoiler, your signature is 260px tall - far from being the worst offender. Each line of regular text appears to be 15px.

I love your signature Krea, did you make that? I would love to make one kind of like it. I've seen some other people with signatures made in the same style. If it's a program or something that you can do on this site could someone let me know please? Thanks! It's so neat! I love the little pixel villagers.

Last edited:
Hello, I just got my signature about 5 mins ago and I was wondering how to get text to the right of the pug, I tried aligning right but that just adds pixel height and puts it down at the bottom of the signature any help?

Kinda wondering how to put these on my Signature.
sun.gif

- - - Post Merge - - -

picgifs-moon-072771.gif

I can reduce them in size, but I can't put them like next to my Town Sig. The images would kinda get messed up and previewing them would show me how it can't be done.
Also, how do I make links turns into specific words? Kinda want to make the Sun take a viewer to where I got my town sig from, and the Moon to a RV shop that people can go to for free.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hello, I just got my signature about 5 mins ago and I was wondering how to get text to the right of the pug, I tried aligning right but that just adds pixel height and puts it down at the bottom of the signature any help?
This is something I am struggling with as well.
Perhaps we will get our answers here? :eek:

Kinda wondering how to put these on my Signature.
sun.gif

- - - Post Merge - - -

picgifs-moon-072771.gif

I can reduce them in size, but I can't put them like next to my Town Sig. The images would kinda get messed up and previewing them would show me how it can't be done.
Also, how do I make links turns into specific words? Kinda want to make the Sun take a viewer to where I got my town sig from, and the Moon to a RV shop that people can go to for free.

- - - Post Merge - - -

This is something I am struggling with as well.
Perhaps we will get our answers here? :eek:

I love your current signature with your pixel villagers, town name, mayor and native fruit. How do you make/get a signature like that?:confused: idk where shops are or how they work too.

Last edited:
Back