• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The Signature Guide

I'm concerned the file size of this gif may slow people down. Is it too big? I'm intending to put it in a spoiler:

ISOPODS_zps7ebgbom8.gif

Thanks!

ISOPODS_zps7ebgbom8.gif
Ew, PhotoBucket. Your GIF is 244KB and my signature's is 1.5MB, so it's really no big deal, especially as browsers tend to cache these sorts of things. They get loaded regardless of if they're in a spoiler or not.

Um... here's a 205KB version of your GIF though if you really care about those few KBs: tenhourguy.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/CinnamonCrab.gif. There should be no visible loss in quality.

Your GIF was fairly small to start with, having a pallette of 64 colours, including transparency. There's usually not much reason to not use the full 256.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hmm... your post was from quite a while ago. Oh well. Ignore me (or not even notice this) if you like, lol.

Thinking about it, I should probably reduce the file size of my signature GIF, but then it wouldn't look as good. :/

Hii, don't mind me. Just trying to figure out how to use tables since I've never done this before. ;D;

[table="width: 715]
[tr]
[td]
bae__clovercoin_2_by_zerbert_d9oqerr_by_clovercoin-daoblhi.gif
[/td]
[td]?? can't get urls to load, it makes the whole table disappear. Will try again later.[/td]

[/tr][/table]

Last edited:
I generally haven't utilized signatures on here over the years other than for recent events, so I'd like to inquire about how many pixels tall a line of normal text is, and how much if any it increases when made bold. The image is 500 x 245, so I'm concerned about whether the text underneath violates anything.

I generally haven't utilized signatures on here over the years other than for recent events, so I'd like to inquire about how many pixels tall a line of normal text is, and how much if any it increases when made bold. The image is 500 x 245, so I'm concerned about whether the text underneath violates anything.
You're allowed to have a signature image up to 250px tall plus one line of text. I'd recommend reducing your image by 16px for each additional line.

is my sig within the rules?

i dont wanna get another infraction for exceeding hight rules
is my sig below or at 250 pixels? thanks, idk how to check

I can try to check for you fam hold on

- - - Post Merge - - -

hmm if you can try to remove those 2 spaces at the top and at the bottom you're set
I think you're passing it by like less than 10 pixels I'm not too sure

- - - Post Merge - - -

your picture is 219 and the text takes up a tiny bit of space but the spaces possibly make it go over 250

I can try to check for you fam hold on

- - - Post Merge - - -

hmm if you can try to remove those 2 spaces at the top and at the bottom you're set
I think you're passing it by like less than 10 pixels I'm not too sure

- - - Post Merge - - -

your picture is 219 and the text takes up a tiny bit of space but the spaces possibly make it go over 250

ohh i didn't even realize there were spaces lmao

- - - Post Merge - - -

thanks!

- - - Post Merge - - -

that moment when two threads merge >>

Is mine okay? I'm on mobile, so I don't know how to measure.

Last edited:
Pretty certain mine is fine. I always make my signature a little smaller than what's allowed. Big signatures are kinda irritating anyway.

Is this avatar too sexual?:

rhHR0DO.gif

Just wanted to check before I made a matching signature. If necessary, I could blur out the first few frames.

Last edited:
Back