• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Ask Bowie

Are you a coffee fanatic? If so what is your favorite style and/or flavor?

Tap down these boots while I beat around. Funk me downtown.

Just got done listening to Lady Gaga's new album (the standard edition that leaked) and I'm in the mood for questions! Ask me anything.

Last edited:
why do you think people tend to be more negative at least on the internet than being positive? it is noticeable that threads that revolve around negativity get more attention. is it that people tend to look at the internet or certain websites as therapy in a way they want to let out their anger or speak about their troubles in a way they couldn't do irl?

why do you think people tend to be more negative at least on the internet than being positive? it is noticeable that threads that revolve around negativity get more attention. is it that people tend to look at the internet or certain websites as therapy in a way they want to let out their anger or speak about their troubles in a way they couldn't do irl?

This is gonna sound mean, but I actually think it's for attention. People like to make it sound like they have really bad lives so that people feel sorry for them and maybe try to cheer them up. Not saying they're liars, but you wouldn't talk about such personal things if you didn't wanna provoke a reaction out of people. It is a lot like therapy in a way, like you say.

I'm guilty of it. When I feel down I sometimes make it noticeable to my friends so that they can help me through it. It's what friends are for, really, but I think that's all it is. It's attention. You wouldn't get as much attention by saying that you're having a great time, because nobody can give you advice about it or say that they're sorry for anything. You can spark more conversation by saying you're dying than saying you're living, pretty much.

What happened to your Rat Room roleplay?

Nothing. It's still going. By the end of the game only one player can still be alive, so it's largely up to the players to decide what they wanna do. To be blunt, they need to start being selfish.

I can't really interject. I'm just there as a kind of guide to the game.

Nothing. It's still going. By the end of the game only one player can still be alive, so it's largely up to the players to decide what they wanna do. To be blunt, they need to start being selfish.

I can't really interject. I'm just there as a kind of guide to the game.

I know what it's about, I'm just wondering why it seems to have stopped.

Possibly due to a lack of interest.

Haha gonna interject and say that I definitely am having a lot of fun! Honestly the only reason I haven't been active on it is bc i'm the most recent poster, so I can't really do anything....

Do you like jellyfish

I've always found them fascinating. Easily the prettiest creatures down there.

Haha gonna interject and say that I definitely am having a lot of fun! Honestly the only reason I haven't been active on it is bc i'm the most recent poster, so I can't really do anything....

Yeah, I understand. Maybe if I let more players in at the start we wouldn't be having this problem. I guess we shall just have to be patient.

Last edited:
Is it bizarre that I know very little about David Bowie? Heck, I didn't even know what he did until I saw people here talking about his music ;-;

Last edited:
Is it bizarre that I know very little about David Bowie? Heck, I didn't even know what he did until I saw people here talking about his music ;-;

It's a little surprising, but it's nobody's fault. He didn't want recognition as a person, he cared more about his music, and I'm sure you've heard at least one song from him, even if you didn't realise it was him at the time. The important thing is that people know about him now. He wouldn't want anything less.

Last edited:
Back