Votes: 145 67.8%
  • I say "byew", like in beautiful!

Votes: 61 28.5%
  • Other! (comment)

Votes: 8 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bow.
I've known people with the name "Beau" and its always pronounced "bow" so that's how I know how to say his name. cx

haterz mad because they don't know how to pronounce names correctly don't hate me cause you ain't meeee

It's more like people who don't know a lick of French pronouncing it how it looks. I don't speak French, don't study it, and probably will not study it just to know how it's pronounced. You can be mad about it but really, not everyone studies/studied French.

As for how it is pronounced in French, I'll keep that in mind. I called Beau by "byu" in such a long time that it'll take a while to adjust.

I say "Bow". Just personal preference, never even though of the other one.

I pronounce it "bow", because as a French speaker that's what's normal to me. Also, I've met several people named both Beau and Bowe, and they all pronounce it the same. ( I think Bowe is the "American" way of spelling Beau. )

It's more like people who don't know a lick of French pronouncing it how it looks. I don't speak French, don't study it, and probably will not study it just to know how it's pronounced. You can be mad about it but really, not everyone studies/studied French.

As for how it is pronounced in French, I'll keep that in mind. I called Beau by "byu" in such a long time that it'll take a while to adjust.
I've never studied French except in like 6th grade because it was mandatory I thought it was just common knowledge but apparently it's not I've known people with the name and it's always bow that's why I said that

Im pretty sure the official way to pronounce it is "bow" and not "bew" (rhymes with pew). But that's just me I mean, different people pronounce things differently. xD

I pronounce it the proper way (the French way). I think it's kind of strange that some people know the correct way to pronounce it but still choose to call him Byew -.-
A lot of people probably pronounce Chevre's name incorrectly too. Poor babies who have names that are always being butchered.. ;-;

Last edited:
I say it like "beautiful" but without the "tiful", so like "bee-yoo". I don't really care what the actual pronunciation is. Different people say it different ways and even though I might be wrong, it's not that big of a deal. c':

Last edited:
Back