• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How do YOU pronounce Beau?

How do YOU say Beau's name?

• I say "bow", which rhymes with "go"!

Votes: 145 67.8%
  • I say "byew", like in beautiful!

Votes: 61 28.5%
  • Other! (comment)

Votes: 8 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bee-ah-oo is the closest english pronouciation I've got of my native language pronunciation of him. Pretty much the french one, I suppose?

Bow, I used to say Beau as in beautiful but my mom being from Louisiana told me how they pronounce it.

Beau is a french word, pronounced like bow, so that's how I've always said it. I took a semester of French in high school, so I knew how to pronounce it, but if I hadn't, I'd probably pronounce it differently.

I pronounce it "bow" but Beau answers to the megaphone when you say "byew (as in "beau"tiful).

"bow" I guess... like the way beau is pronounced in french? lol

I pronounce it Bo/Bow/Boh/etc.

I didn't even know that some people pronounce it as "byew." I figured that the French pronunciation was the proper one?

I saw Bow~ Though I've always wondered how people say Pietro. I say Pee-trow. But I know others say Pee-et-trow

Back