Mario Kart 8 Official General Discussion

It seems like you won't be able to "firehop" your way into first place now :D

Man I sure hope it is. I always thought of it as an exploit. You can really notice how much of a difference fire hopping makes when you're facing a player with an insanely high ranking using it. They just pull so far ahead that even items launched from across the map will have no effect on their time. These changes brought to MK8 Deluxe are looking pretty promising.

Last edited:
Man I sure hope it is. I always thought of it as an exploit. You can really notice how much of a difference fire hopping makes when you're facing a player with an insanely high ranking using it. They just pull so far ahead that even items launched from across the map will have no effect on their time. These changes brought to MK8 Deluxe are looking pretty promising.

Yeah, it's cheating. I despise fire hopping and it annoys the hell out of me whenever I see a kart dancing in front of me like I'd go out of my way to hit them (if I could catch them) because they start fire hopping at the start of the race and it's easy to tell after a few seconds they're already too far from everyone. I'm glad that they finally patched it. I'm so hyped! It feels like a brand new game to me. I just hope they won't discover another exploit in the future.

The reviews for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe are rolling out and everything seems amazing so far!

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/04/20/mario-kart-8-deluxe-review

Wow. I didn't expect it to get a higher (average) metacritic score compared to the original :)

Last edited:

You don't know how happy I am to hear that firehopping has been patched. I always considered it to be cheating since karts were faster than bikes anyways and the exploit mostly works with karts only. Perhaps racing will be much more fair now since I always use inward drifting bikes. These changes definitely sound amazing. I preordered the game a while ago, but sadly I didn't get the game in the mail yet.

I know I missed out on Thursday's races. I wasn't feeling good that night. There're two more tourneys before website comes out. I hope I can at least catch one more round before we move to Deluxe...assuming if every participant is able to get Deluxe between launch and the following Thursday night.

Last edited:
I know I missed out on Thursday's races. I wasn't feeling good that night. There're two more tourneys before Deluxe comes out. I hope I can at least catch one more round before we move to Deluxe...assuming if every participant is able to get Deluxe between launch and the following Thursday night.

So, you came out of a time travel machine? That post of yours was clearly supposed to be submitted before April 28th 2017, the day Mario Kart 8 Deluxe released worldwide. Today's May 12th, and the game's out now.

At this point, every tourney for the original Mario Kart 8 on the Wii U is gone. However, that doesn't mean everyone in The Bell Tree Forums own both a Switch and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe as of now. They're still waiting for their favorite franchise(s) to have one of its games for that console.

Just wrapped up 3-starring all of the Cups! (and let me tell you 200cc Rainbow Road was the bane of me existence!)

But yeah, whenever anyone is down to hop online and race, just let me know!

Meh, nothing too special about this if you've already played mk8. My only complaint is that items are still unbalanced (possibly more unbalanced than before) and the two-items thing makes racing more chaotic. I gotta give it to them for the battle modes though, I can spend all night playing :3
What about Bowser Jr. :D
OH ABSOLUTELY NOT! BOWSER JR. RULES, KOOPALINGS CAN SUCK IT!

Back