• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mario Kart 8 Official General Discussion

I've been playing this again since I recently *ahem* learned how to change the music. :rolleyes: If anyone wants to play, let me know!

Last edited:
^^ I'm down whenever. Hopefully we can get more heads, as now is a tough time since school is started back up for most and such. If not, I'm always down to do some Worldwide. :)

I want to play a few games with this mod, it's gr8

Last edited:
So. Time to flick the Switch on to play Mario Kart 8! Speaking of that...

King Boo.jpg

King Boo in MK8? Double items? What could this mean? Will there be a Double Dash!! mode in the port?

Last edited:
If you think I'm going to earn all my VR again for a new port you're sadly mistaken. Why can't we just use the same disc and transfer data??

Plus I wouldn't be able to use mods anymore. My beautiful textures. ;-;

If they fixed battle mode then maybe. But I still don't see why we'd be forced to treat it like a new game. Can't you update the Wii U version as well?

Last edited:
If you think I'm going to earn all my VR again for a new port you're sadly mistaken. Why can't we just use the same disc and transfer data??

Plus I wouldn't be able to use mods anymore. My beautiful textures. ;-;

If they fixed battle mode then maybe. But I still don't see why we'd be forced to treat it like a new game. Can't you update the Wii U version as well?

The Switch uses cartriges rather than disks so goodbye to Wii U backwards compatability.

The Switch uses cartriges rather than disks so goodbye to Wii U backwards compatability.

I still hope they find someway for us to get our points back. If not, it really doesn't hurt me that much. I was tired of playing with the higher ranked players because of fire hopping and item hell.

I still hope they find someway for us to get our points back. If not, it really doesn't hurt me that much. I was tired of playing with the higher ranked players because of fire hopping and item hell.

I never used fire hopping or spamming items and I always made it to the top :p

I never used fire hopping or spamming items and I always made it to the top :p

It's not like you have control over what kind of items you get so idk what you mean with that.

I've never used fire hopping either though, not because I absolutely hate it but because I just can't pull it off consistently enough since I use motion controls.

Last edited:
I can't wait for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. I'm happy they brought back the boo and feather item again, and I'm glad they brought back Dry Bones too. I loved using him in Mario Kart Wii!

I doubt I'm going to get it. No way I'm paying $60 for a few new characters and battle modes. If they add new tracks later on then maybe, but as it stands this is just severely overpriced DLC.

I mean, I honestly can't play MK8 without my textures and custom music anyway.

I doubt I'm going to get it. No way I'm paying $60 for a few new characters and battle modes. If they add new tracks later on then maybe, but as it stands this is just severely overpriced DLC.

I mean, I honestly can't play MK8 without my textures and custom music anyway.
I wish I could hack my Wii U just to texture hack and custom music.

Back