• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mario Kart 8 Official General Discussion

Wake up at 8:30 so we can kart with Jav and them. Sleep is for the week, Jingle!

Uuuhhhhh.... no. :p

I don't sleep much usually, but after 2 days of near constant Mario karting and 2 nights of little sleep I think I'll sleep like I'm blocking the path to route 12.

Ridiculous gliding into 1st with 200cc, and then knocked into 5th anyway.

Last edited:
I just 3-starred 150cc Special Cup and unlocked Mirror and 200cc class. Wasn't too hard if I knew the item defense tactics.

I just 3-starred 150cc Special Cup and unlocked Mirror and 200cc class. Wasn't too hard if I knew the item defense tactics.

Good luck, clear all breakable objects from reach before trying to 3 star 200cc. =3

I've now got 6 3 stars, 5 2 stars and a 1 star on 200cc. The Bell cup is a nightmare though. I don't think I'm ready to try and bring that one star up. I've played NBC waaaay to much now, I used to like that course on 3ds and 200cc is killing my enthusiasm for it.

Good luck, clear all breakable objects from reach before trying to 3 star 200cc. =3

I've now got 6 3 stars, 5 2 stars and a 1 star on 200cc. The Bell cup is a nightmare though. I don't think I'm ready to try and bring that one star up. I've played NBC waaaay to much now, I used to like that course on 3ds and 200cc is killing my enthusiasm for it.
Thx. I did 3-starred Crossing Cup. I rage quit on the rest cause I keep messing up.

Was playing the cups with my family, not really fun tbh

They agreed, even my Dad and he's like the biggest Mario Kart nerd ever.

I'll add your NN ID after I finish another 200cc race. Its 200cc right?

I will accept after our last race now.

FYI I'm remaking it as non DLC after this to include Superpenguin who doesn't have it.

EDIT: Join now

I will accept after our last race now.

FYI I'm remaking it as non DLC after this to include Superpenguin who doesn't have it.
Oh. Well I'd prefer DLC, but that's ok. I'll just make a group of my own with DLC. Anyone want to join?

i normally tap the brake button while drifting so that i slow down enough to take the corners tighter, if you brake too much you will lose your spark. It took me a bit to figure it out, but eventually you will learn the motion of having to use the three buttons and it becomes pretty natural

edit: from what I know you should avoid letting go off the acceleration especially why drifting, pretty much only do that when you mess up and legit need to stop lol

Drift as normal, but tap the brake as you do it - so still holding 2, tap 1 as you drift. You can hold it to really slow yourself down, but tapping usually keeps you going nicely.

Ah! Thanks so much you two! 200cc isn't so bad once you figure out how the braking technique works. Thanks so much I can actually make corners now! ^.^

To be honest pretty much everything in Pack 2 for me has instantly gone up to the top 10 best tracks in the game. Both visually and gameplay wise, they each have the "Mario Kart" look instead of the realistic one (which is still great, just a different style) used in other tracks (Mount Wario, Sunshine Airport, Donut Plains 3, ect.), so that's a plus. Then the tracks are really fun in themselves, like the water ways in Big Blue and Wild Woods or the standard "wtf is going on" in Baby Park and to an extent Super Bell Subway (honestly every time I play that everyone goes flying out of control into the walls). I've also found Ribbon Road and Cheese Land to be surprisingly really for with all the turns and what not, along with the great Animal Crossing course. The only one that's "eh" is Neo Bowser City, but that's due to how difficult it is on 200CC. And speaking of which, 200CC makes it insanely better for me. Tracks that I hated are now awesome because how quick and dangerous they are to navigate through (Toad's Turnpike).

I don't know, for me, it's really up there with Mount Wario, Yoshi Circuit, Electrodrome, and all the other great tracks.

Well, after spending a solid three days playing MK8 with my friend, I've learned three things:

1. Female Villager on the City Tripper is my new favourite. Sorry, Toadette and Link.

2. 200cc on courses with no sides is pure evil.

3. I'm better at mirror mode than I am at regular 150cc.

I have a few words to say: HOLY SHIZ THATS FAST. I ept crashing in baby park, it was awesome.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Will anyone be up for 200cc, no computers, no items match?

Getting kinda annoyed of the item spam in 200cc. Got hit by a chain of 5 items earlier (green, red, green, star, bullet IN A ROW) and it's getting pretty ridiculous. 200cc is fun and all, but the fact that I go from 3rd to 8th at the very last lap most of the time makes me not want to play anymore (which is the reason I switched to battle but still). Yeah I know how the game is, but this stuff is crazy even for Mario Kart.

Getting kinda annoyed of the item spam in 200cc. Got hit by a chain of 5 items earlier (green, red, green, star, bullet IN A ROW) and it's getting pretty ridiculous. 200cc is fun and all, but the fact that I go from 3rd to 8th at the very last lap most of the time makes me not want to play anymore (which is the reason I switched to battle but still). Yeah I know how the game is, but this stuff is crazy even for Mario Kart.
Bullet Bill and Golden Mushroom at 5-3 place!!? That's INSANE!

- - - Post Merge - - -

And just now had that happen to me.

Last night I got a Bullet Bill in 2nd 5 feet from 1st, so as I used it immediately passed them.

Anyone up for some karting in 30 minutes?

Back