Mario Kart 8 Official General Discussion

I'll come trolling in then. Seeing as Zigs could see me! :p I was failing at 200 cc grand prix.

Ya'll in chat? I might need to restart my laptop to join and cba.

Last edited:
So how exactly do you use the braking in 200cc? I'm using the Wii Mote and tilt steering so describing buttons won't be very helpful. But I do know that the 1 button is the brake while 2 is the gas. Anyways from what I've heard you can brake while in a drift, so do you let off the gas button and hit the brake or something because as soon as I let off the 2 button I pretty much stop about dead and am unable to drift, so clearly I'm doing it wrong. xD

Anyone who has figured it out if you could somehow describe what I should be doing I'd really appreciate it.

So how exactly do you use the braking in 200cc? I'm using the Wii Mote and tilt steering so describing buttons won't be very helpful. But I do know that the 1 button is the brake while 2 is the gas. Anyways from what I've heard you can brake while in a drift, so do you let off the gas button and hit the brake or something because as soon as I let off the 2 button I pretty much stop about dead and am unable to drift, so clearly I'm doing it wrong. xD

Anyone who has figured it out if you could somehow describe what I should be doing I'd really appreciate it.

i normally tap the brake button while drifting so that i slow down enough to take the corners tighter, if you brake too much you will lose your spark. It took me a bit to figure it out, but eventually you will learn the motion of having to use the three buttons and it becomes pretty natural

edit: from what I know you should avoid letting go off the acceleration especially why drifting, pretty much only do that when you mess up and legit need to stop lol

Last edited:

Drift as normal, but tap the brake as you do it - so still holding 2, tap 1 as you drift. You can hold it to really slow yourself down, but tapping usually keeps you going nicely.

Error! Start a new group somebody.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hmm. I can't join. It says: "Failed to connect to partner's device" Oh well. Good race guys! :)

I can't help but feel disappointed with this DLC, I only like Koopa City, Animal Crossing and Big Blue, the other tracks were really boring personally.

Basically, this wasn't worth waiting 5 months for, sorry to say.
Baby Park makes it 100% worth it imo. Sucks that you feel that way though, I feel like this was a pretty great way to breathe some new life into a probably dying game. :) But then again I might just be having a ball because I didn't even touch the DLC 1 pack until DLC 2 hit so it's all new and exciting for me!

Where was my invite, you cannot forget me.
Pretty sure you were sleeping or something!!! Next time though! <3

This AC track has got me thinking... does this indicate that the next AC installment will be on the Wii U? I mean, now they have character models...
Well there were already models there for Animal Crossing Plaza, but this could be a better indication yes. As much as I'd like to be extremely hyped up that the track might be remotely similar to what I hope AC U will be, I think we ought to keep expectations grounded!!

Also there was an earlier post asking how to unlock 200cc: It's the same way as Mirror Mode. Get the gold on all the base game cups (non DLC) and it'll unlock. I did that earlier and unlocked both for me.

Last edited:
Back