Mario Kart 8 Official General Discussion

Hmmm that's odd maybe check VS mode and try changing the default class from 50cc and scroll right and 200cc should be right after mirror. If it's still not there then something really weird is going on... :/

(I don't have mirror yet) I'll check later.

150cc Crossing Cup CPUs are too OP. Just failed a 3-star because when I get hit by something I can't catch up again. :/

You probably have to unlock Mirror first then.

I agree. It's probably in your game (but hidden) it's just you haven't unlocked it yet as you have to beat each previous cc to unlock the next. So, once you have mirror and you complete that 200cc should unlock for you. ^.^ I likely only had 200cc as soon as I updated as I have already completed Mirror.

Wild Woods was very impressive and the Crossing track is so cute :) I can't get my stupid game to show the winter and fall season tracks for me. Of course, when I was showering my boyfriend got to play on the winter track.

I'm so terrible at 200cc oh my gosh lol

I'm almost finished with the Grand Prix mode. The only GPs I haven't 3 starred yet are the new cups. I fall a lot normally and when trying to find new possible shortcuts.

Is there a group playing by any chance?

Finally downloaded the DLC after nearly an 8 hour wait because of bad wi-fi :/

Last edited:
I tried random online races.
Everyone besides like 2 or 3 people used Isabelle in the P-Wing.
I'll admit I used the same combination. :p I felt like trying it out, but I don't like it.

I can't help but feel disappointed with this DLC, I only like Koopa City, Animal Crossing and Big Blue, the other tracks were really boring personally.

Basically, this wasn't worth waiting 5 months for, sorry to say.

Ok I starred all but the 150 for the new cups and 200cc. I spent all yesterday on the mirror, God rest my soul. I love ribbon road so much.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Played a lotta great races tonight with Jav and crew! We really ought to do this more often tbh

Where was my invite, you cannot forget me.

Can someone tell me why I have 29 loses and 6 wins recorded on my online play stats...when I haven't even played 7 online races?!
I have been constantly getting 3 stars on 50CC. Ive usually got 3rd 2nd or 1st place.
Also, I press regional on the online race and its giving me people from Australia! Im from UK damit!

PS its not all from Australia's, its Finland too

Last edited:
150cc Crossing Cup CPUs are too OP. Just failed a 3-star because when I get hit by something I can't catch up again. :/

Really, I can do crossing cup pretty easily. But Bell cup I usually come as far down as 8th on either NBC or SBS. And always because of haxxy items. - Like I watched Lakitu get struck by lightning and then hit me with a backwards shell which he should have lost in the lightning strike!
And on the gamepad, end of the final lap, I could see a cpu holding a blue shell while I had a superhorn, and they waited until another cpu got lightning, threw the shell, the other used lightning so I lost my horn and then I got hit with the blue shell and fell to 4th just after the last set of items. D<

Can someone tell me why I have 29 loses and 6 wins recorded on my online play stats...when I haven't even played 7 online races?!
I have been constantly getting 3 stars on 50CC. Ive usually got 3rd 2nd or 1st place.
Also, I press regional on the online race and its giving me people from Australia! Im from UK damit!

PS its not all from Australia's, its Finland too

Aus count as the same region as EU, they have the same Wii U's and release dates generally.
And the wins/loses are how many people you beat/lost to each race. So if you came 3rd of 12, you get +9 to wins, -2 to losses.

is it just me or is dolphin shoals so broked by 200cc. like the pipes are all kind of funked and going to ride the eel you just awkwardly bump into his face

Back